Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bASIC usb setup newbie questions :D  (Read 1455 times)
n1ght5had3 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:17:19 PM

Grin so i know ive probably joined the party late but i just got my first ASIC usb miner. and i love it
it is called the redfury only payed £25 for it so not bad i guess
im averaging 2.44GH/S with a H/W pecentage of around 5% which i assume is good from what ive seen online.

question time
ive got 6 ports free on my pc
do you think i should get another 6 of these things and would i see a decent profit
the pc goes on at about 10am and off about 11pm usually anyway so id be mining for that ammount of time daily
do you think il make a decent bit of money with a total of 7 redfury usb ASIC miners using BFGminer?

any advice fire away im all ears as im completley new to mining

oh almost forgot to mention im in a pool its called slush is that a good one?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:10:31 PM

no you wont' make profit, by just adding more of those units(which are useless by the way)

slush pool is a very old pool i don't think it's operative anymore
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:42:27 PM

no you wont' make profit, by just adding more of those units(which are useless by the way)

slush pool is a very old pool i don't think it's operative anymore

Slush is the only way he'll get any sort of BTC, but it isn't even worth it.
You'll burn through too much electricity. Computers use too much electricity compared to mining ASICS.
best he can do it a raspberry pi with a couple antminer u3's

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:12:32 PM

Slush has about 3% network share right now. It's still operating.

Buying 6 more RedFury at the same price would cost a hair shy of 1BTC. For that you could buy a secondhand Dragon or S2 with about the same power efficiency but running 70 times the hashrate. Or you coud just buy 1BTC and play with it.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: