Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:57:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bulk BTC [WU] - Bitstamp Rate -  (Read 1804 times)
Stars (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:53:43 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 06:22:38 PM by Stars

Looking to buy BTC, preferably 10 BTC+ at a time via WU at Bistamp rate. I will cover WU fees. I will buy smaller amounts though you will have to pay WU fees.

You will go first or we can split escrow.

Stars

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:07:21 PM

Escrow will be the only option for you since you have no prior trading experience.  Since your the one looking to purchase it would be hard pressed to find a seller willing to pay for escrow as well.

Have you looked into www.localbitcoins.com?
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:12:14 PM

Escrow will be the only option for you since you have no prior trading experience.  Since your the one looking to purchase it would be hard pressed to find a seller willing to pay for escrow as well.

Yeah, that's understandable. What are the usual escrow fees?

I have briefly yeah, I don't really feel comfortable meeting up with someone and buying bulk BTC for cash though.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:13:46 PM

Escrow will be the only option for you since you have no prior trading experience.  Since your the one looking to purchase it would be hard pressed to find a seller willing to pay for escrow as well.

I have briefly yeah, I don't really feel comfortable buying bulk BTC for cash though.
You just said that you were looking to buy "bulk" amounts of bitcoin.

Generally speaking most escrows will charge 1% of the transaction amount, although some do it for "tips" however even ones that work on tips only should still be paid at least 1% of the transaction amount
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:14:22 PM

I have briefly yeah, I don't really feel comfortable meeting up with someone and buying bulk BTC for cash though.

There's a few good sellers on localbitcoins, but it depends on where your located.  I assume www.circle.com isn't an option for you? (they are fantastic)
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:17:06 PM

Escrow will be the only option for you since you have no prior trading experience.  Since your the one looking to purchase it would be hard pressed to find a seller willing to pay for escrow as well.

I have briefly yeah, I don't really feel comfortable buying bulk BTC for cash though.
You just said that you were looking to buy "bulk" amounts of bitcoin.

Generally speaking most escrows will charge 1% of the transaction amount, although some do it for "tips" however even ones that work on tips only should still be paid at least 1% of the transaction amount

Yeah, as I wrote that I realized it didn't really make sense, what I meant to say is that I don't feel comfortable meeting up with someone carrying around a large sum of cash. Will edit it now.

Ok, 1% seems reasonable. I guess I wouldn't mind paying that.

Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:18:30 PM

There's a few good sellers on localbitcoins, but it depends on where your located.  I assume www.circle.com isn't an option for you? (they are fantastic)

A few friends have told me about circle but I haven't really looked into it. Mind giving me a brief run-down on the fees and such, getting the $ on there?

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:26:23 PM

A few friends have told me about circle but I haven't really looked into it. Mind giving me a brief run-down on the fees and such, getting the $ on there?

Bank account is free, credit card has a small fee.

Bank accounts and credit cards are instant upfront for a certain amount (it depends on your info)

so say you deposit 2k from your bank account they will grant you maybe 500-750 upfront of that and the remainder will be a normal bank xfer and once it arrives you get credited.  Credit cards are instant, but the limit is $500/week
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:34:14 PM

There's a few good sellers on localbitcoins, but it depends on where your located.  I assume www.circle.com isn't an option for you? (they are fantastic)

Bank accounts and credit cards are instant upfront for a certain amount (it depends on your info)

so say you deposit 2k from your bank account they will grant you maybe 500-750 upfront of that and the remainder will be a normal bank xfer and once it arrives you get credited.  Credit cards are instant, but the limit is $500/week

Interesting. I will definitely look into it. I assume you need a verified account on circle, and that verification process is similar to stamps?

I'll still try to gather some BTC on here though and get a few successful trades under my belt as I plan on opening up a gambling website soon.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:41:32 PM

so say you deposit 2k from your bank account they will grant you maybe 500-750 upfront of that and the remainder will be a normal bank xfer and once it arrives you get credited.  Credit cards are instant, but the limit is $500/week

Interesting. I will definitely look into it. I assume you need a verified account on circle, and that verification process is similar to stamps?

I'll still try to gather some BTC on here though and get a few successful trades under my belt as I plan on opening up a gambling website soon.
My understanding is that the verification for both circle and coinbase is that you need to provide personal information to them, but in most cases do not actually need to provide pictures of your identification ect.
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:44:08 PM

My understanding is that the verification for both circle and coinbase is that you need to provide personal information to them, but in most cases do not actually need to provide pictures of your identification ect.

Alright, I'll get right on that and make a circle account. Thanks for the info.

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:54:59 PM

Reason why I like Circle a lot is they have an ios app and its easy to use
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:57:41 PM

Yeah, I can already see the limit getting annoying though. Any idea what the limit is per week using BOA?

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:08:34 PM

Yeah, I can already see the limit getting annoying though. Any idea what the limit is per week using BOA?

I have no idea,  I think limits are different for everybody.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

with coinbase if you verify your identity, your cell phone, bank account, and credit card then it is $10,000 per day worth of Bitcoin. I don't think what bank you are using matters.
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:35:35 PM

There's a few good sellers on localbitcoins, but it depends on where your located.  I assume www.circle.com isn't an option for you? (they are fantastic)

so say you deposit 2k from your bank account they will grant you maybe 500-750 upfront of that and the remainder will be a normal bank xfer and once it arrives you get credited.  Credit cards are instant, but the limit is $500/week

with coinbase if you verify your identity, your cell phone, bank account, and credit card then it is $10,000 per day worth of Bitcoin. I don't think what bank you are using matters.

Yeah, I'm not willing to wait 4-5 days for the coins to come and risk the price dropping though. There's no way around that, right?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:03:38 PM

Yeah, I'm not willing to wait 4-5 days for the coins to come and risk the price dropping though. There's no way around that, right?

i don't know of any way around that. What exactly do you plan on doing with that much Bitcoin that you need access to the coins the same day you pay for them?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:17:33 PM

i don't know of any way around that. What exactly do you plan on doing with that much Bitcoin that you need access to the coins the same day you pay for them?

*note to self* Quickseller sounds like a FED.

Why so nosy?

I'm sure he is going to use them properly like everyone else.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:22:20 PM

Why so nosy?

well depending on what he wants to do with them (arbitrage, trading, but something) there may be a solution for him.
Stars (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:00:54 AM

Why so nosy?

well depending on what he wants to do with them (arbitrage, trading, but something) there may be a solution for him.

The reason on why I wouldn't want to wait 4 days for the coins to come is because I don't want the BTC to drop in value. I could have bought $10k worth of BTC, received them 4 days later at a value of $8-9k. Sure, It could work both ways and I could receive them at a value of $11-12k but I'd rather not take that risk. I want to buy the BTC and sell them on an exchange for whatever value I bought them at and then hold all the $ on an exchange until I launch my gambling website. Then I will buy all the BTC at one time, for the same price.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: