Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e is hacked? Edit: Get your coins off BTC-e NOW  (Read 2834 times)
DonChate

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:40:16 AM

btc withdrawal successful. get out while you still can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:50:44 AM

i dont know whether btc-e was hacked, someone playing with the market, someone laundering alot of money in a rather loud way, or the result of fraud.

all i know is i made quite alot of money speculating over this (deposited btcs and ltcs at the high prices, they were all bought for the high prices, i then bought on btc-e itself more bitcoins that were listed at a lower price and withdrew it all to my wallets.)

it is essentially speculation and a zero-sum game now, do whatever you want to do if you dont mind dealing with the risks....btc-e is probably gone as soon as their staff wakes up.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:53:52 PM

I know I've been posting this a lot, but I want everyone to see this:

from https://btc-e.com/news/81:

Dear users of the Exchange Btc-e.com

The exchange is not going to close. We will refund all losses from our reserves.

Neither the servers nor the database were compromised. There were no SQL injections.

At 04:07 MSK (GMT+4) our LR API Secret Key was compromised. It's 16 uppercase, lowercase letters and digits. They may have bruteforced it for long.

Using the key the hacker imitated LR deposits from many accounts and bought up Bitcoins, Namecoins and Litecoins.

We lost our daily volume, approx. 4500 BTC. The attacker couldn't withdraw more
as most BTC were distributed over several offline wallets.

At 10:30 we restored the database to the state it was at 04:00, right before the attack. All trades after 4:00 are reverted.

People who attempted withdrawals before 04:00 MSK will get their funds withdrawn later today.

For people who deposited BTC, LTC and NMC after 04:00 MSK the funds will be put to their balances before market opens.
We are working on the scripts for this.

If you deposited USD after 04:00 MSK you should send us your login, amount and payment system used by email or PM.

Our plan:

1. The trade will be disabled until we restore the balances to the point before market crash.

2. After that, the trade and deposit/withdrawal will be back on, approx. within 1-2 days.

Icq - 610112128
Skype - btc-e.support
E-mail - support@btc-e.com

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:05:02 PM

Someone just bought all the BTC and LTC available with millions of USD

epic?

Your info is not correct. 1.7 million USD is not millions.
And "Get your coins off BTC-e NOW" doesn't sound good at all.
BTC-e sorted everything out in hours. All users got their money back. BTC-e users did not lose any money.
And the most important thing is, they did not shut the place down, the did not run away, the did not come up with silly excuses.
They covered all losses (4500BTC) and are still up and running.
Great example to other exchanges!
Well done!

I hope they'll find him and explain very slowly what happens when you rob Russians.  Smiley
MicroCashMike

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

This is simply splittin' hairs

Any sane person would.

You must be referring to the recent partnership between BTC-e, Coblee and BCEX, right?
They all knew ahead of time the 51% attack was a hoax.

Mike

Litecoin

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:43:45 PM

Any sane person would.

You must be referring to the recent partnership between BTC-e, Coblee and BCEX, right?

Mike

Splitting hairs or not. Don't make things bigger than they are.

It has got nothing to with insanity. To many people, including me, BTC-e is one of the best sites with great volumes and alt-currencies. Its been very profitable. And I am willing to take the risk with many others.

I'm referring to sites like Bitcoinica.

They all knew? So what? I know things too, that does't mean I'm going to sing like a bird. Did your mother not tell you that speech is silver, silence is gold?
Coblee was not sure what to think of that. Created a checkpoint.

And Dear Forum Members,

I have nothing to do with Litecoin.
It's confusing to some users when I post something and it might look like I am the official Litecoin spokesperson.
Thats not true, I'm just another investor.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:46:17 PM

Any sane person would.

Mike

It has got nothing to with insanity. To many people, including me, BTC-e is one of the best sites with great volumes and alt-currencies. Its been very profitable. And I am willing to take the risk with many others.

They all knew? So what? I know things too, that does't mean I'm going to sing like a bird. Did your mother not tell you that speech is silver, silence is gold?

And Dear Forum Members,

It's confusing to some users when I post something and it might look like I am the official Litecoin spokesperson.

Good luck proving that you are not coblee's sockpuppet. I believe you, but clearly many members of this forum won't.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Any sane person would.

Mike

And Dear Forum Members,

Good luck proving that you are not coblee's sockpuppet. I believe you, but clearly many members of this forum won't.

If I were to create a sockpuppet, I'd probably choose something like yourmama1234 instead of Litecoin. :p
I've asked the user Litecoin to change his username so it's not as confusing, but he seems to be very fond of that name.

MicroCashMike

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:16:34 PM

If I were to create a sockpuppet, I'd probably choose something like yourmama1234 instead of Litecoin. :p
I've asked the user Litecoin to change his username so it's not as confusing, but he seems to be very fond of that name.

Fair answer on the Litecoin user name, I believe you.

Can you now comment on why you participated in the 51% attack hoax for four days, even going so far as to arrange a private IRC channel to mount a defense?

Mike,
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:29:53 PM

Can you now comment on why you participated in the 51% attack hoax for four days, even going so far as to arrange a private IRC channel to mount a defense?

Mike,

I already responded: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96186.msg1060442#msg1060442

MicroCashMike

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

Mike,

I already responded: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96186.msg1060442#msg1060442

That's not a response to the direct question of why did you fake a protection meeting in private IRC?
Please explain how this doesn't undermine your credibility by colluding with BCEX?

Seems you're extremely anxious to pass this off solely on BCEX without standing up and admitting your part.

Did you or did you not actively participate in deceiving the LTC community at large?

Mike
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:43:21 PM

Mike,

That's not a response to the direct question of why did you fake a protection meeting in private IRC?
Please explain how this doesn't undermine your credibility by colluding with BCEX?

Seems you're extremely anxious to pass this off solely on BCEX without standing up and admitting your part.

Did you or did you not actively participate in deceiving the LTC community at large?

Mike

I did not actively deceive the community. I already said I was not sure if it was a hoax or not.
We had a private meeting on IRC to discuss various ways to protect from the possible 51% attack. In the end I decided to just do the checkpoint in the middle of the BCX attack to derail her attack, if there was indeed one.
I'm not going to respond to any more of your FUD, RealSolid.

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:47:26 PM

Mike

You know what, you made a burn notice reference in a previous post, for now on I like you.
MicroCashMike

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:51:22 PM

Mike

You know what, you made a burn notice reference in a previous post, for now on I like you.

I wished I was the burn notice guy but I'm not, I work for XM Radio ROFL
Litecoin

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:56:38 PM

Any sane person would.

Mike

And Dear Forum Members,

Ha ha. Cheesy Unfortunately I'm not here to prove anything. Coblee asked me to change my name cause its confusing to some.
That's why I said what I said.
MicroCashMike

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:58:53 PM

I did not actively deceive the community. I already said I was not sure if it was a hoax or not.
We had a private meeting on IRC to discuss various ways to protect from the possible 51% attack. In the end I decided to just do the checkpoint in the middle of the BCX attack to derail her attack, if there was indeed one.
I'm not going to respond to any more of your FUD, RealSolid.

How can you admit you knew it was a hoax very early on, and can still pretend you didn't take part? You did, in a big way.

A reasonable explanation is all I am asking for. I am not Realsolid and if you want to play games with naming people I think that's a game you really do want to enter into is it?

Asking questions that concern why the creator of a coin would actively deceive the entire community is not FUD. Be a man, answer the questions.

Why didn't you tell people that BCEX told you it was hoax?

Why?

Mike
Litecoin

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:59:32 PM

Mike

I wished I was the burn notice guy but I'm not, I work for XM Radio ROFL

Might be off topic but how's MC doing? Did you get your 250BTC?
I hope things will get better, invested a lot in SC.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:01:14 PM

I am not Realsolid and if you want to play games with naming people I think that's a game you really do want to enter into is it Mr. Lee?

Luceo? Huh

Maybe instead of using 3 threads for this discussion we should make another thread.
MicroCashMike

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 12:29:49 AM

Answers to my questions from Coblee are in the link below.

Acceptable answers, topic closed in my book.

Mike

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96571.msg1072001#msg1072001
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: