Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some thoughts regarding Safecoin Safe Network predictions  (Read 1354 times)
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:12:28 PM

OP here https://www.maidsafe.org/t/some-thoughts-regarding-safecoin-safe-network-predictions/3152

I was reading the prediction thread and started thinking, ends up much longer and decided to make a separate thread. Anyways...

Amazon S3 starts at $0.03 under 1TB, so it's about $30.00 for 1TB of cloud space. Assume worst case wiith safecoin at $0.01, and 4.3 billion of coins complete supply (not all available at once).

It's $43 million dollars for what could be the best Dropbox, box, iCloud, Amazon etc out there.

Assume with 43 million dollars spent ALL on infrastructure and storage and management of network , at $0.01 per GB, we would get about 4,300,000 TBs on the network.

If 4,300 people put 1TB drive space. Or...
If 43,000 people put 100GB drive space Or...
If 430,000 people put 10GB drive space. Then
We have just build and jump started the next AWS, cloud storage.

Now I am purely going at it assume safenetwork is just an AWS and cloud storage service with most cutting edge security and innovations.

Take a look at the following list of investments/revenue/market cap of company many of whom you would known and/or use sometime in your life.

Amazon: est. $10 Billion revenue in cloud services alone. 2015

IBM: est. $7 Billion revenue in cloud computing alone. 2015

Facebook an complete personal and business database of most detail about ones life has a market cap of $219.15 billion as of now. With about $247 per person. (Stop selling your privacy for dirt people .)

Google an massive big brother overseeing more than you can imagine or conceive has a market cap of $365.88 billion dollars.

Dropbox an leader in cloud storage has investments of ~$500 million valued at $10 billion

Slack one of the hottest startup focusing on enterprise communications started with $43 million dollars and recently gotten $120 million, value approaching $1 billion.

They are the 1 percent, we are the 99.

I could go on the list for quite a while but you guys should see the point I am illuminating here.

The cloud computing industry is an est. of $160 Billion dollars.

What are most businesses and consumers going to spend on computers here and out?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2015/01/24/roundup-of-cloud-computing-forecasts-and-market-estimates-2015/

Global SaaS software revenues are forecasted to reach $106B in 2016, increasing 21% over projected 2015 spending levels.  A Goldman Sachs study published this month projects that spending on cloud computing infrastructure and platforms will grow at a 30% CAGR from 2013 through 2018 compared with 5% growth for the [...]

We have been in the information technology or IT age since the late 90s. It's an age that created Giants and Mongols of enterprises an age where we the people make a few strong. But for the future, we are ushering in the new age, welcome to the world of data technology or DT age. It's an age where we empower each other to be strong as a whole. We the people become the massive cyber brain of the data, like ants that covers the planet.
(10,000 trillion ants roam the earth at any time.+ 50 million member per superorganism working in hive mind is VERY DAMN powerful)

Fun facts:

http://io9.com/5880539/10-frightening-facts-you-probably-didnt-know-about-ants

Anyways...

Now the key difference in IT and DT is not really about the technology aspect of things. Even we are experiencing game-changing, highly innvovative technology advances. It's about the mentality of the people that has changed.

For the next twenty years, oil will not longer be the "commodity" it surely will be data. I mean we are eventually all getting something like tesla that requires no gas and IOT of everything we use. Certainly it will further expand the data supply and demand in a exponential way.

The future is bright, so even in the most pessimistic thoughts I could come up with, what could be worst case scenario of $0.01 per safecoin a lot of people would still be proud the the community and progress we have now and will advance to build.

5 years from now, while most people will talk achievements and wonders. We will look back upon and reflect on the dumb mistakes we have made in the early days...

I think mine would be to talk about how I sold my coins at a quarter. How I should kept farming etc. Not buying more at 3 cents. FML lol

So embrace the future, it's about to get crazy real soon.

See you on the other side.

JK
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:02:45 AM

This blog entry by the Larimer Twins is probably the first thing from them that I enjoyed reading...
Because they are not pumping BitShit hard.

It points out key shortcomings of MAID...
Overly complex, micro managed, poor understanding of economic incentives, hype.

These are all the classic reasons software projects fail...
Or spend 6 years spinning their wheels and making excuses...
*** In contrast, brilliant web advances tend to have an elegant simplicity. ***

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/30/Can-MaidSafe-Decentralize-the-Internet/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: