Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do gov's or banks manipulate peoples opinion about bitcoin on social-networks?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2015, 09:22:59 PM)
No. Why should they? - 6 (26.1%)
Maybe - 4 (17.4%)
Yes - 10 (43.5%)
Yes, Every troll here works for a pr-agency! - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone informations about opinion-manipulation campaigns against bitcoin?  (Read 1644 times)
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:22:59 PM

In the past years we often heard of politicians using pr-agencys for opinion-manipulation on social media.

It is at least possible that the "big-players" and fiat-money producers, like governments and banks, hire pr-agencys for creating a negative opinion about bitcoin and other crypto-products.

As it is a fact, that there are millions of dollars spent every year, to research social media and the dynamics of opinion forming in those networks.

An example for Facebook researching the manipulation of user emotions:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/29/facebook-users-emotions-news-feeds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:10:52 AM

In the past years we often heard of politicians using pr-agencys for opinion-manipulation on social media.

It is at least possible that the "big-players" and fiat-money producers, like governments and banks, hire pr-agencys for creating a negative opinion about bitcoin and other crypto-products.

As it is a fact, that there are millions of dollars spent every year, to research social media and the dynamics of opinion forming in those networks.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/29/facebook-users-emotions-news-feeds

Yes they have also left some FBI agents here and asked them to make newbie accounts and troll people.
Real pain in the ass
Hope you ain't one of them
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:21:25 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:39:29 AM by MarihuanaStocks

Yes they have also left some FBI agents here and asked them to make newbie accounts and troll people.
Real pain in the ass

Do you know how many pr-agencys manipulate opinions on social-media in this moment? Two or three months ago, it was in all our newspapers: Top political partys and their leaders payed millions of euros to pr-agencys, that manipulated the public opinion about some of their projects. They used social media.

Maybe you are to arrogant to see the reality, but that doesn't prevent this things from happening.

We are talking about endless power and billions after billions of dollars. And you think that this issue isn't of interest for anyone. I'm not only talking about governments here, poor boy! I talk about billion-dollar-corporations that used to live from exactly this dominating money-ponzi-sheme...

<3
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:45:13 AM

I see the threat or hate campaign will most likely come from companies offering money transfer services. If bitcoin ever gets big, it will most likely grab a large portion of the existing market share, so logically you would want your competitors out of the game at all cost. If you notice, nowadays trolls are all using newbie accounts and this raises the suspicion whether they got paid exactly to do that.

MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:05:09 PM

I see the threat or hate campaign will most likely come from companies offering money transfer services. If bitcoin ever gets big, it will most likely grab a large portion of the existing market share, so logically you would want your competitors out of the game at all cost. If you notice, nowadays trolls are all using newbie accounts and this raises the suspicion whether they got paid exactly to do that.

I saw a interesting presentation organized by an economist. He stated that normal banks usually have only 2% of their total liabilities available in liquid reserves.Once there were depot-banks and credit-banks now it is a mixture of both. One that allows banks to instantly invest the money you deposited in whatever they want. You don't have your money laying around there. At the moment of your deposit, the bank OWE's you this money. The second point is fractural reserve. Only 10 percent of the sum banks lend you need to be owned by themselves. It is this a giantic house of cards, where only 2 cards out of hundred needs to be "withdrawn" anywhere! So Bitcoin does not only affect payment processors, it also is a competing currency. It is a decentralized free-market currency, that gets it value through free interactions of market members. It has in fact many advantages over Fiat including anonymity.

If enough people decide to use Bitcoin..fiat is done!

We need a fiat-burn-coin! Like counterparty, while burning fiat Smiley Smiley Smiley

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:05:45 PM

Real pain in the ass

Do you know how many pr-agencys manipulate opinions on social-media in this moment? Two or three months ago, it was in all our newspapers: Top political partys and their leaders payed millions of euros to pr-agencys, that manipulated the public opinion about some of their projects. They used social media.

Maybe you are to arrogant to see the reality, but that doesn't prevent this things from happening.

We are talking about endless power and billions after billions of dollars. And you think that this issue isn't of interest for anyone. I'm not only talking about governments here, poor boy! I talk about billion-dollar-corporations that used to live from exactly this dominating money-ponzi-sheme...

<3

This might be true but it's all about manipulation and am not that easy anyway Undecided
Though hopefully someone else interested might give better opinion to you
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:11:26 PM

Burn 5 xxx-notes at home, catch it on video, and get 1000 fiat-burn-coins!

Aahahhahahahahaaahah!!! I would die, due to an extreme laughing flash.. Cheesy
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:13:47 PM

Didn't got that Huh
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:18:26 PM

I saw a interesting presentation organized by an economist. He stated that normal banks usually have only 2% of their total liabilities available in liquid reserves.Once there were depot-banks and credit-banks now it is a mixture of both. One that allows banks to instantly invest the money you deposited in whatever they want. You don't have your money laying around there. At the moment of your deposit, the bank OWE's you this money. The second point is fractural reserve. Only 10 percent of the sum banks lend you need to be owned by themselves. It is this a giantic house of cards, where only 2 cards out of hundred needs to be "withdrawn" anywhere! So Bitcoin does not only affect payment processors, it also is a competing currency. It is a decentralized free-market currency, that gets it value through free interactions of market members. It has in fact many advantages over Fiat including anonymity.

We need a fiat-burn-coin! Like counterparty, while burning fiat Smiley Smiley Smiley

Didn't got that Huh

I said, we need a fiat-burn-coin, like Counterparty did it with btc. Smiley

To get some, you could burn 5 fiat-notes at home and make a video of it. Tongue

Is money burning illegal?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:47:39 PM

Didn't got that Huh

Bitcoin is valuable as it is, there is no need to destroy fiat in order to increase its value, actualy, by destroying fiat, lets say usd, you would only increase
the value of it, because there would be less of it in circulation.
Same thing would happen if you were to "destroy" bitcoin by sending it to non existant address.
I believe it is illegal, since its representation of a country, a symbol, like a flag, but u would probably get soone in financial problems than legal, i think.

cheers
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:41:41 AM

Didn't got that Huh

Bitcoin is valuable as it is, there is no need to destroy fiat in order to increase its value, actualy, by destroying fiat, lets say usd, you would only increase
the value of it, because there would be less of it in circulation.
Same thing would happen if you were to "destroy" bitcoin by sending it to non existant address.
I believe it is illegal, since its representation of a country, a symbol, like a flag, but u would probably get soone in financial problems than legal, i think.

cheers

Can you remember Eric Cantona's project in 2010? He tried to organize a bank-run. All you had to to, was enter the serial-number of one 5-Euro Note on a web page. It's wasn't very successful.

Burning Fiat will have the same effect as this project. At the moment when you buy (for example) Bitcoins with Fiat, you only trade the Fiat for Bitcoins. The Fiat will maybe be deposited somewhere and is therefor still laying around on any bank. It is not out of circulation. Cantona tried to bring the money out of circulation. This is exactly how a bank run happens! So what will happen if you burn Fiat for Crypto's? Smiley

Link:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/20/eric-cantona-bank-protest-campaign
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:16:38 PM

Even if you are done burning all the paper money, there will be even more that gets printed to replace the one getting lost. And no matter how much that gets burned or thrown away forever, there will be even more around. So How much more can you actually afford to get all the paper money to do for the film stunt.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:37:43 PM

Even if you are done burning all the paper money, there will be even more that gets printed to replace the one getting lost. And no matter how much that gets burned or thrown away forever, there will be even more around. So How much more can you actually afford to get all the paper money to do for the film stunt.

Very well said.
Central banks in each country can publish as much money as they decide, there is no limitations here.
Only question in this process is what is the real value of this money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:55:58 PM

I've watched conversations on this forum over the years that I was sure was two fed agents talking to each other (or maybe one posing as two). The things they said were too canned and definitely not the way real people talk. The answer to your question is yes. I've seen it here.

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:43:17 PM

Didn't got that Huh

LOL no it's not , i would love to see a video of you burning them Cheesy
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

I've watched conversations on this forum over the years that I was sure was two fed agents talking to each other (or maybe one posing as two). The things they said were too canned and definitely not the way real people talk. The answer to your question is yes. I've seen it here.
I never saw them , lucky you Undecided
But it really sounds a little bad to me Sad
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 10:25:42 AM

Didn't got that Huh

LOL no it's not , i would love to see a video of you burning them Cheesy

Create a burning-coin and i'll burn 50 Euros! Smiley Smiley Smiley
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 10:43:59 AM

Very well said.
Central banks in each country can publish as much money as they decide, there is no limitations here.
Only question in this process is what is the real value of this money.

If you assume the total money circulation and their distribution, you'll see that private households still control much more money, than any government does. If 2 percent of all people decide to get out of euros by taking their whole cash of the bank an burn it for burn-coins. The Euro would be done. The can print what they want, when this hyper-inflation starts to run, there is nothing they could do!

And it's the best people can do. There is a nice example from Brasil! I read it in a newspaper. There was a time, when the real had up to 40 percent inflation/month. There were some residents that made a fake paralel-currency called "Surreal". That automatically established a market competition! Wink

Link: http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2014/feb/02/rio-residents-fighting-inflation-fake-currency
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 10:48:40 AM

Sometimes it is very strange! You say to yourself: What are these people doing here? They join a forum about a specific issue, such as Bitcoin, and then talk of how bad Bitcoin is and that it is dead, dangerous, criminal or whatever. I cannot understand, what motivates people to do this? Because there is no "bitcoin-hatetalk.org" ?

A market niche? Tongue
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:45:51 PM

Sometimes it is very strange! You say to yourself: What are these people doing here? They join a forum about a specific issue, such as Bitcoin, and then talk of how bad Bitcoin is and that it is dead, dangerous, criminal or whatever. I cannot understand, what motivates people to do this? Because there is no "bitcoin-hatetalk.org" ?

A market niche? Tongue

BCT has always been a stick of dynamite for lazy law enforcement. Do you know how to fish with a stick of dynamite? Take your boat to the middle of the lake and throw a stick of dynamite in the water. After the explosion scoop the floating fish off the surface. The internet is the lake and this forum is the dynamite.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: