Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do gov's or banks manipulate peoples opinion about bitcoin on social-networks?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2015, 09:22:59 PM)
No. Why should they? - 6 (26.1%)
Maybe - 4 (17.4%)
Yes - 10 (43.5%)
Yes, Every troll here works for a pr-agency! - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone informations about opinion-manipulation campaigns against bitcoin?  (Read 1644 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:14:11 PM

Absolutely, I have actually noticed an easily identifiable pattern on Bitcoin articles for you guys to take a look at if you can be bothered, there are often brand new accounts being made whenever something is posted and these people find articles within hours or them being posted compared to the rest of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bitcoin fanboi or anything and I'm aware there are people like Warren Buffet and Paul Krugman trying to attack us but it seems there's a definite effort to try and make the critics of Bitcoin a bigger movement than it actually is.

You don't even need to look very far, here on Bitcoin talk it's always the same pattern of posting, something negative is posted it's all "Hahahah, Bitcoin is going to die, it's a failure, it's going to go back to $10" and then when Bitcoin goes up "This can't go on, it's a ponzi scheme, it's a scam, it was made by the CIA to control other people" and when I say the same patterns, I mean the exact same posting. It's a bit like how you see a person complaining about harassment then when you actually look at it more carefully it's really just about four or five people at most trying to spam in an effort to mask how many of them there really are.

I'd be interested in seeing if any security experts would like to poke around with this because if they all came from similar I.P addresses that would be very interesting to know, normally I wouldn't bother trying because everyone has a right to their opinion but this seems like a more concentrated attack to harass people away from Bitcoin related discussions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:23:40 PM

You don't even need to look very far, here on Bitcoin talk it's always the same pattern of posting, something negative is posted it's all "Hahahah, Bitcoin is going to die, it's a failure, it's going to go back to $10" and then when Bitcoin goes up "This can't go on, it's a ponzi scheme, it's a scam, it was made by the CIA to control other people" and when I say the same patterns, I mean the exact same posting.

I think most of those people are just sad trolls with nothing better to do, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some paid trolls or people just trying to spread fud to manipulate the price though I don't think they're very effective but maybe they think they are. I just ignore them either way.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 05:53:44 PM

You don't even need to look very far, here on Bitcoin talk it's always the same pattern of posting, something negative is posted it's all "Hahahah, Bitcoin is going to die, it's a failure, it's going to go back to $10" and then when Bitcoin goes up "This can't go on, it's a ponzi scheme, it's a scam, it was made by the CIA to control other people" and when I say the same patterns, I mean the exact same posting.

I think most of those people are just sad trolls with nothing better to do, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some paid trolls or people just trying to spread fud to manipulate the price though I don't think they're very effective but maybe they think they are. I just ignore them either way.

Yeah, I don't bother responding to them either, but I find the timing of their posts and account creation interesting, the writing styles are very similar too and they all use the same talking points.
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 06:47:49 PM

It would be interesting to know in what phase we are now. You remember Ghandi saying: "First they laugh at you,then they ignore you, then the FIGHT you..then you win? Smiley

And the second thing is: Is it professionally organized(by a specialized company) or are they some ultra-fanatic bears with to much time.I'd say that both is possible even though there speaks a lot for professionals. I spent a lot of time with promoting Bitcoin myself. I talk to friends, tell them what advantages it has and why we should use it rather than fiat. My motivation is to do the "right thing" and because i may profit from an rise in value Smiley Smiley But what motivation could the trolls have? Profit from falling prices, want to buy low, competing crypto-currencys? Competing crypto's would be possible too. Also some popular members of the bitcoin community did altcoin-bashing in the past. But most reasonable, in points of resources and motivation, are the big-money-corps and gov's.

Also the last Bter-hack is suspicious to be an attack on Bitcoins credibility! The price was rising..bter got hacked..what a surprise!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: