Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TipHound - Instantly sends files to users who tip Bits of Bitcoin  (Read 2031 times)
tiphound (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:00:07 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 03:32:58 PM by tiphound

I started a service called TipHound and we are built on top of ChangeTip which is a service that lets people tip peeps in Bitcoins . Our bot will serve up files/links to anyone who deems your content worthy for Bitcoins all on Reddit!

How it works:

People leave small tips in Bitcoins and whatever you've set up sendable for it ( example: a link to an your ebook, mp3, pdf file ) will be sent to their reddit inbox instantly.  You can see a practical use-case HERE . The purpose is so you don't have to manually sit there and PM each user who submits a tip the file . Just collect bits of BTC and you are set.

What kind of Feedback I need:

I'm trying to figure out how best this would work for individual artists and their fan base , or new fans also.  Or, how else this can be used. This is enabled reddit-wide so think of some good uses.

Any suggestions would be great! If you ever want to do a trial run with your fan-base I'll give out bits of Bitcoin to them to try it also.

P.S
We are working on a 'min. tip' required , along with a 'group buy' threshold before file is release.
Also, on landing pages will be full fledged direct-to-purchase in Bitcoins for bands on the pages. All v2.0 of TipHound. Thanks for reading!
Marcy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:42:04 AM

good one mate Smiley
its make us easy to tip and receive the tip
good luck with your service hope will better than other  Wink
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:46:17 AM

good one mate Smiley
its make us easy to tip and receive the tip
good luck with your service hope will better than other  Wink

Thanks Marcy!

The key is what happens for the tipper , as it sends the file/link automatically to them. The OP doesn't have to worry about doing it manually. They just post and collect and the bot does the rest in terms of delivery.

Think of it as an easier way to distribute your content on reddit and of course get voluntarily paid! Post on there and I'll give you some bits!
Miftach

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:31:36 AM

whats the different offer with changetip mate?
please tell us Smiley
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:40:55 AM

please tell us Smiley

Hey Miftach!

I guess basically from both a end-user perspective and content producer it is the delivery mechanism . Instead of just sending tips, you are sending content + tips all automatically all on top of Reddit. This will work for people who have real good rich content as they might get 400 bitcoin tips and don't want to sit there manually tipping each person, right ? Does this make sense to you ?

Great question! make sure to stop by I'll give you some BTC !
Miftach

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:50:24 AM

please tell us Smiley

Hey Miftach!

I guess basically from both a end-user perspective and content producer it is the delivery mechanism . Instead of just sending tips, you are sending content + tips all automatically all on top of Reddit. This will work for people who have real good rich content as they might get 400 bitcoin tips and don't want to sit there manually tipping each person, right ? Does this make sense to you ?

owhh great service Smiley
all do with automatically
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:09:31 AM

please tell us Smiley

Hey Miftach!

owhh great service Smiley
all do with automatically

Thanks Miftach!

I should have said it uses ChangeTip of course Wink
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:27:28 PM

TipHound now enabled site-wide on reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TipHound/comments/2x6pxi/tiphound_is_enabled_for_all_of_reddit_not_just/
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:27:11 PM

We are slowly building up  the subreddit! do you product good content ? Get some tips in btc for it!  Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/tiphound
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:25:48 AM

Anyone create their own videos , music , books ?
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:24:07 PM

Anyone create their own videos , music , books ?

I guess not! lol Smiley

Anyone try it yet ?
tiphound (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:33:17 PM

light bump!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: