Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another reason why bitcoin fails  (Read 2647 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:56:20 PM

Anyone can make their own coin on the same fundamentals as bitcoin and claim it's interchangeable 1 on 1. Effectively doubling the amount of bitcoin in circulation. So the real supply is infinite.

Yeah I know. I printed my own monopoly USD notes yesterday, they work just the same as normal USD notes. You can blame me for the latest "whale-dump" on USD.

Hahaha! One does not simply do that. But since you said that you've already done that, can you teach me how to print my own USD notes and strategies on how to dump them?  Grin
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

Anyone can make their own coin on the same fundamentals as bitcoin and claim it's interchangeable 1 on 1. Effectively doubling the amount of bitcoin in circulation. So the real supply is infinite.

Yeah I know. I printed my own monopoly USD notes yesterday, they work just the same as normal USD notes. You can blame me for the latest "whale-dump" on USD. SARCASM

Hahaha! One does not simply do that. But since you said that you've already done that, can you teach me how to print my own USD notes and strategies on how to dump them?  Grin
You missed a word in it. I have marked it for you.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:11:09 PM

Hahaha! One does not simply do that. But since you said that you've already done that, can you teach me how to print my own USD notes and strategies on how to dump them?  Grin

Very simple. you take a piece of paper and write "$1 million monopoly dollars" on it. Then you go on the internet and create a bunch of shill accounts and start shilling the fuck out of your monopoly dollars. Then you go around to local businesses and continuously nag them to accept monopoly dollars as payment. Because your monopoly USD has the same fundamentals as USD and is interchangeable 1 on 1, you will essentially double the money supply of the real USD, just like the OP proved in this very informative and useful thread.

By the way, this technique works with anything. I made my own "better version" of gold recently and tripled the supply of gold.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:21:41 PM

This might be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum.... no small feat.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:37:57 PM

What a stupid thread.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:38:00 PM

It's not the same coin and the supply doesn't 'magically' add up together. It just doesn't work that way. If people agree that Bitcoin - and only Bitcoin - is worth something, it will be worth something just because of that. Sure, altcoins siphon off a small fraction, but that doesn't change Bitcoins first mover advantage which is most important in this case!

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:15:55 AM

This might be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum.... no small feat.

agreed.  but op keeps trying over and over again.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:32:01 PM

It's not the same coin and the supply doesn't 'magically' add up together. It just doesn't work that way. If people agree that Bitcoin - and only Bitcoin - is worth something, it will be worth something just because of that. Sure, altcoins siphon off a small fraction, but that doesn't change Bitcoins first mover advantage which is most important in this case!

Agreed. There is a limited supply though, and you can't change that.

So the real supply is infinite

False.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: