Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you to Admins and Moderators  (Read 2069 times)
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 06:54:07 AM

The Gambling section is finally clean from all the Ponzis because of the new section -> Investor-based games

Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:00:01 AM

The Gambling section is finally clean from all the Ponzis because of the new section -> Investor-based games

Saw the suggestion on Meta but didn't check the thread Grin
Glad it was taken seriously . We can rest in peace now . Thanks theymos

~ Madness

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:02:55 AM

Am really glad too.
Having a different sub-section will reduce the popularity of ponzis too.

Gambling section looks clean Smiley
There is many locked and moved threads showing up. It will go in a few hours. Cheesy
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:41:52 AM

I hope those ponzis stay in that obscure subsection and no one visits there  Cheesy
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:45:52 AM

That's great! It is great to see that the moderator moved so many ponzi topics to that section very fast. Now.. there should be a sticky thread to warn user about ponzi.. Should there be?

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

I hope those ponzis stay in that obscure subsection and no one visits there  Cheesy

It's hard for greedy people.

That's great! It is great to see that the moderator moved so many ponzi topics to that section very fast. Now.. there should be a sticky thread to warn user about ponzi.. Should there be?

A warning is shown, I think that is enough. Everybody know 'what/how is Ponzi' and 'when & what condition Ponzi collapses'. So 'stickied thread' may not be useful and I doubt people will read it.

-MZ

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:07:07 AM

Impossible, there are 2 kinds of poster that you will find in that section.
1. Ponzi and HYIP supporters.
2. Sig spammers.

yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:07:51 AM

its good to see the new section for those ponzi and now the gambling section is clean.. Smiley

Banned**
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:38:47 PM

It's hard for greedy people.

A warning is shown, I think that is enough. Everybody know 'what/how is Ponzi' and 'when & what condition Ponzi collapses'. So 'stickied thread' may not be useful and I doubt people will read it.

-MZ

seems like the supporters of that section is mainly new account, i guess people tend to make a new one to posted in there so that their main account wont be tarnish by supporting ponzis
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3012

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:29:43 PM

That's great! It is great to see that the moderator moved so many ponzi topics to that section very fast.

Moved over 300 threads in the new section. Please report if I missed any.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:34:55 PM

That's great! It is great to see that the moderator moved so many ponzi topics to that section very fast.

Wow that's great! It's a bit disappointing since there are so many of these types of games.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 02:38:43 PM

That's a great job you did. Will you move cloud mining threads which don't have(didn't provide) any mining-proof?

-MZ

thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:55:35 PM

Its finally something good that happened. Looking at the stats, seems the ponzi subforum has 8-9% of the total posts in the gambling forum , which is actually a lot.

And it definitely needed a new sub section for it.

PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:03:26 PM

Good deal.  Smiley  I am glad to see this as well.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:48:15 PM

That's a great job you did. Will you move cloud mining threads which don't have(didn't provide) any mining-proof?

-MZ

The new section is called "Investor based games" so doesn't really include deliberate fraud attempts by scammers pretending to mine.
They should stay in the wild, Service announcements etc., in my opinion, where they can continue to get called out by the community.

If anything, "traditional" ponzi schemes pretending to mine or trade forex or arbitrage or whatever should be called out should they try to pose as a 'game' in the new section.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:10:08 PM

I just noticed this when you posted in the meta thread
This does deserve a thank you finally a new section and it already looks cleaner can actually see gambling sites ^^
Thank you

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 05:20:05 PM

The new section is called "Investor based games" so doesn't really include deliberate fraud attempts by scammers pretending to mine.
They should stay in the wild, Service announcements etc., in my opinion, where they can continue to get called out by the community.

Then IMHO 'ponzis' shouldn't be there as it is also a fraud attempt but not as 'mine'.

If anything, "traditional" ponzi schemes pretending to mine or trade forex or arbitrage or whatever should be called out should they try to pose as a 'game' in the new section.

But... fake cloud minings are ponzis. There is a thread by Puppet, you should read it if you haven't. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0.

-MZ

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:47:51 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 06:05:49 PM by tmfp

Then IMHO 'ponzis' shouldn't be there as it is also a fraud attempt but not as 'mine'.

But... fake cloud minings are ponzis. There is a thread by Puppet, you should read it if you haven't. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0.

-MZ
I understand what fake cloud mining is and what ponzis are Muhammed, I have posted in that thread.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a "last in loses" type of game which has become popular and is referred to quite openly as a "ponzi game". They are not pretending to mine or trade, just paying some players with other players money, usually based on time of "investment" (bet) and keeping an admin % profit. That's what the new section is for.
The theory is that people who play these games understand the rules and are satisfied that they are "fair". (Personally, I have a problem with that because it's impossible to verify that the game operator is not also playing and using his position unfairly, but that's OT.)
This makes them different from scams which pretend to be cloud mining or trading but are actually real ponzi schemes, paying the early investors with later investors money, whilst pretending that the revenue is from legitimate business activity and being sold via referral schemes to naive 'investors' as legitimate businesses.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:18:55 PM

-MZ

Yes i also was in favor of any ponzi related "service" to be totaly removed from forum, but this is i guess the next best thing, having them a bit more digged in, harder to find.
What hurts me the most is the fact that this is forum who represents bitcoin comunity, what will the people think about it ? that its a nest of scams and imposters most probably.
Recently i also saw thread selling pp accounts in the marketplace, i mean really, have we stooped so low?

cheers
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:21:45 PM

Thank you, all mods and admins for this and for all the work you do on the forum. You often get yelled at for doing your work, but it really make this a good community. Thanks!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: