Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:31:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy a bitcoin candle?  (Read 3162 times)
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

Hello,

I make candles, and it was just suggested to me I should make a bitcoin candle. Bitcoin orange, and smelling like strawberries...

So I am wondering if there is any interest. Do you like the idea? Would you buy one?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:08:54 PM

Hello,

I make candles, and it was just suggested to me I should make a bitcoin candle. Bitcoin orange, and smelling like strawberries...

So I am wondering if there is any interest. Do you like the idea? Would you buy one?
do you have any photos of it? its hard to say am i interested when i dont know how it looks
dumbchump

Activity: 496
Merit: 264

In memory of Zepher

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:15:20 PM

Hello,

When you say you make candles....do you mean you make them and sell them as a business, hobby, etc?  Do you have a website where we could check out your existing candles?

If it looked cool and wasn't too expensive I'd buy one or two.  If they are hand-carved I'd pay a premium... (sorry, bad joke...)

Sorry, saw your other post... yes, I'd buy one or two.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:15:49 PM

Hello,

When you say you make candles....do you mean you make them and sell them as a business, hobby, etc?  Do you have a website where we could check out your existing candles?

If it looked cool and wasn't too expensive I'd buy one or two.  If they are hand-carved I'd pay a premium... (sorry, bad joke...)
I make them and sell them, it is not my full time job, but it does bring in money. The website is www.brandonscandles.com, redirects to an etsy page, too hard to keep posting items in two spots. They are not bitcoin scented yet, just normal scents Smiley

And on the bad joke... LOL
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:16:22 PM

Hello,

Wait... with the current scents, or a bitcoin scented candle? And what size?
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:16:49 PM

Hello,

do you have any photos of it? its hard to say am i interested when i dont know how it looks

Not yet, it is still hypothetical. It would be bitcoin orange though.
dumbchump

Activity: 496
Merit: 264

In memory of Zepher

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:23:43 PM

Hello,

I like these two options but I'm not all that picky.  Also, I'm not that picky about scents.

the 4oz twisted in a jar:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222605536/twisted-4-oz-soy-container-candle?ref=shop_home_active_5

and the 14oz twisted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222373342/twisted-14-oz-soy-container-candle?ref=related-3

KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:26:26 PM

Hello,

I like these two options but I'm not all that picky.  Also, I'm not that picky about scents.

the 4oz twisted in a jar:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222605536/twisted-4-oz-soy-container-candle?ref=shop_home_active_5

and the 14oz twisted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222373342/twisted-14-oz-soy-container-candle?ref=related-3

Okay, cool! I will send you a PM!
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:38:29 PM

Could be a neat thing for the office  Tongue Yeah I would probably buy one if they're similar prices to your site.

Okay. I am working now on how to get the Bitcoin logo engraved onto the wax...
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:40:48 PM

What size?  What color? How much is the price. ..
Please give some more details and put some pictures if u can.
Thanks a lot!

KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:42:33 PM

What size?  What color? How much is the price. ..
Please give some more details and put some pictures if u can.
Thanks a lot!

Don't have any details yet... I am currently seeing if there is interest out there for this. Multiple sizes, definitely, and pricing, well undertermined, but definitely reasonable.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:23:23 PM

How much for 2 x Bitcoin-Candles, shipped to EU?
(Where are you shipping from?)

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:51:57 PM

How much for 2 x Bitcoin-Candles, shipped to EU?
(Where are you shipping from?)

This is not up and running, I was guaging interest. I am working on getting the molds so I can have not only the bitcoin color, but also the bitcoin logo.
Sir Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:53:31 PM

I personally would not buy such a thing. That's just me though.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:25:01 PM

I personally would not buy such a thing. That's just me though.

Why not? Any specific reason?
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:38:17 PM

Instead of orange scent you should make pumpkin spice, people love pumpkin spice all day der day.  Wink

Lol.

It is definitely going to be orange color. But I had requests for a pizza scent, strawberry scent, and now pumpkin spice scent. Hmmmmmm
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:11:03 PM

Instead of orange scent you should make pumpkin spice, people love pumpkin spice all day der day.  Wink

Lol.

It is definitely going to be orange color. But I had requests for a pizza scent, strawberry scent, and now pumpkin spice scent. Hmmmmmm
Orange and pumpkins make better sense than pizza and strawberry Tongue

pizza because it was the first thing bought with BTC

and strawberry - lol
Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:14:48 PM

I would buy it but it depends on the scents. My favorite candle scent is blue rasberry. So make one like that and I would buy it forsure  Wink

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
lollolloll

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:56:41 PM

how much is it? if it is ok you should put the pics here.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:01:19 AM

how much is it? if it is ok you should put the pics here.

Still in beta, no photos are available yet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: