Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares oligarchy rearing it's head  (Read 4573 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:30:34 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 06:50:23 AM by TaunSew

Our solution for PR issues
*.....cut stuff*

The general principle of this PR appointment is to empower the Spokesman to exclusively represent the Core Developers in terms of publicity and to be the only outlet in terms of information disclosure. In this connection, the Spokesman will be publishing detailed PR guidelines from time to time for the parties involved to follow. Below sets out some of them and more will come:

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should neither propose any drastic changes to Bitshares nor speak of their ideas thereof on the forum until extensive research has been done properly, a firm resolution among the Core Developers has been made and the Spokesman grants clearance to the release of that proposal.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should make no comment on any subject on the forum unless approved by and posted through the Spokesman. Bug reports and their discussion should take place on github.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not disclose sensitive information of potential partnerships, collaborations or arrangement with any other organization unless approved by and communicated through the Spokesman.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not air their internal discussions or debates on any open issue until all the underlying facts are ascertained, a well-founded conclusion has been drawn, and the Spokesman grants clearance to that disclosure.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should never comment on any other crypto-currency or project on the forum unless approved by and posted through the Spokesman.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not answer any question regarding Bitshares’ development or prospect or heed any request to predict anything about Bitshares or give forward-looking comments unless the relevant questions or requests are directed by the Spokesman to the Core Developers and the answers of the Core Developers are approved by and communicated through the Spokesman.

Always keep in mind that anything a Core Developer may say, no matter in the capacity of a Core Developer or a community member, will have potential impact on the market. It’s hard, if not impossible, to cure the damage that could caused.

I cannot f**king believe that someone has managed to come up with this BS, and I cannot believe that any crypto-community would accept this lying down (like good dogs...)

This is pure centralised corporatism.

So, now we have the Chinese Communists restricting the flow of information to the community with the Western Corporatists giving them the go ahead.  Talk about a perfect example of how there is ABSOLUTELY no difference between Communism and Corporatism.  This post got deleted because they're trying to cover their real agenda.

I like how Stan, Dan and the Bitshares' team attempts to portray themselves as Libertarians, but then the next thing you know, they're gagging everybody and hiring a PR firm to do all their talking for them.  Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Libertarians believed in free speech.  What a complete joke.

I thought PR was Stan's job.  Does this mean Stan's getting fired?  Who decided to hire this PR firm?

This is a learning experience as a new form of human organizational structure takes form. You are right, BitShares IS a company. But one unlike the world has ever known.

You're wrong.  Bitshares is exactly like every other corporation.  Their name is legion.

Remember it isn't NXT vs. Bitshares

It is free, decentralized crypto vs corporatized crypto.

NXT free world vs Communist BitShares X

Last time when there was 101 delegates or so, the results weren't so good..

Delegates at this Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union

Why is Bitshares X trying to introduce much hated centralized State-Corporatism into the Blockchain technology?   Last time there was a delegate system, the leaders all had mansions and cars - while the masses had to line up for 10 hours to buy toilet paper..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:49:14 PM

...and scratchy bog-roll, too, not like the delicious silken bum wipes that the Party bosses delegates get.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:15:57 AM

Pro tip: the Nxt price speculation thread doesn't have any price speculation in it  Cheesy Cheesy it is also not the longest thread, but it is our general megathread that could one day be bigger than the original 2600+ pages of the old, anything goes megathread.

You expect no one to read your links, reminds me of someone else on here..
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:19:28 AM

The longest Nxt thread begins with:

"One of the reasons Nxt is groundbreaking is because it gives the economy back to the people and re-establishes them as their own sovereigns over their destiny.  An economy is an expression of a political ideology.  Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:20:23 AM

The new Bitshares PR initiative/censorship of the Dev teams transparency and often candid posts is now in full effect. The initiative is at the order of a few "Chinese" stake holders that control large amounts of BTS. They have been angry at Bytemaster since the merger and are now threatening him with divesting and killing the BTS price if he doesn't hand over the reins to Bitshares. Since BItshares likes to call itself a company, this development is akin to a hostile corporate takeover, except that the raiding parties have the ability to kill the price in such an illiquid market. These hostiles are also contemplating a roll back or deletion of "unfairly" distributed shares, namely 30 million BTS that were given to 1 person for absolutely nothing. As I agree with the fact that the person deserves no shares that were given, this takeover and quasi black mail is a major red flag for something that is supposed to be decentralized/ distributed/democratic. This is not what a cryptocurrency is supposed to be.

You say that the hostiles are also contemplating a roll back or deletion of "unfairly" distributed shares, namely 30 million BTS that were given to 1 person for absolutely nothing. Who is that?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:52:59 AM

The thing is that NXT itself didn't benefit from the 'NXT millionaires'. The whole altcurrency space did however by attracting a bunch of dreamers and scammers trying to recreate what happened with NXT.

While NXT itself continues to be ignored by many even though it was probably the fairest IPO out them all(two months, capped buys ect).
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:00:06 AM

The longest Nxt thread begins with:

"One of the reasons Nxt is groundbreaking is because it gives the economy back to the people and re-establishes them as their own sovereigns over their destiny.  An economy is an expression of a political ideology.  Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:46:40 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 12:07:57 PM by delulo

The new Bitshares PR initiative/censorship of the Dev teams transparency and often candid posts is now in full effect. The initiative is at the order of a few "Chinese" stake holders that control large amounts of BTS. They have been angry at Bytemaster since the merger and are now threatening him with divesting and killing the BTS price if he doesn't hand over the reins to Bitshares. Since BItshares likes to call itself a company, this development is akin to a hostile corporate takeover, except that the raiding parties have the ability to kill the price in such an illiquid market. These hostiles are also contemplating a roll back or deletion of "unfairly" distributed shares, namely 30 million BTS that were given to 1 person for absolutely nothing. As I agree with the fact that the person deserves no shares that were given, this takeover and quasi black mail is a major red flag for something that is supposed to be decentralized/ distributed/democratic. This is not what a cryptocurrency is supposed to be.

You say that the hostiles are also contemplating a roll back or deletion of "unfairly" distributed shares, namely 30 million BTS that were given to 1 person for absolutely nothing. Who is that?
It is complete crap because it turns things that actually happened on its head, leaves things out etc. Go and read the bitshares forums about the merger and the PR initiative instead of listening Newmine. Newmine has nothing but hate for bitshares for a reason I couldnt figure out yet. There is one thing that actually is quite suboptimal about bitshares which is communications / PR (making too big promises that can not be kept in time etc, that upsets people which is completely understandable). But people here use it to fuel their hate and egos: Logic: "My group identity keeps me safe and is only strong if I can portrait my group as the morally good one." More on this perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LuPCAh9FCc

Marketing is getting better though: Quality documentation is being produced : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpV-5Z8FuM&index=2&list=PLjgfpSQFJTLpKmTGCG8FjvDFbfst6F-x5

Offtopic that migt inspire people in here: I tried to discuss POS vs. DPOS in a rational way here https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-pos-vs-bitshares-dpos/ and it worked quite well. People were actually happy about it. People are attracted to positive human qualities like taking criticism and not getting offensive which made me listen to Bytemaster in the first place. This threat shows quite the opposite human qualities and makes people shy away from those driven by fear and ideological group think. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14528.msg189580#msg189580

Having a rational discussion where everyone can expand his understanding is what convinces me in the end not some some emotional and fear* driven ideology! Maybe that is wishful thinking Smiley

* fear driven because it needs to humiliate other / other groups to show own achievements (see all the humiliating memes about Daniel Larimer).

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:34:00 PM

Plebeians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plebs

And the upper class are the Patricians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrician_(ancient_Rome)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

Don't be fooled Bitshares is far more a scam then NxT could ever get.

But the both are still kids comparing to Bitcoin scam...
StanLarimer

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:00:14 PM

The astute observer will note that Bytemaster and the core team have been strangely silent while our international community sorts through this issue in public.  (Even when discussing how open BitShares should continue to be, the community is discussing it openly.)  So you all get to watch the sausage being made.  I see we even have some tasty sausage being served up here in this thread.

So, as always, the community will work to reach a consensus and move on stronger than ever.  From what I have seen in one-on-one discussions with BitShares leaders who have contacted me, there is plenty of room to reach a good solution for all.

In the mean time, Bytemaster and I are still learning when to keep our mouths shut.

StanLarimer

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:09:12 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 12:25:19 AM by StanLarimer

I receive 4060 BTS for each 10 hour day which works out to about $4.35 per hour at current BTS price.
(This is 1/3 of what I could make at McDonalds.)

My delegate job description may be found here: Stan's Delegate Duties in a thread where the BitShares community debated the value of my particular delegate role.

As you can see, my BitShares job description has nothing to do with "PR".

I answer polite questions here in my spare time -- just because I love you guys.

Smiley

bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:26:23 AM

I receive 4060 BTS for each 10 hour day which works out to about $4.35 per hour at current BTS price.
(This is 1/3 of what I could make at McDonalds.)

My delegate job description may be found here: Stan's Delegate Duties in a thread where the BitShares community debated the value of my particular delegate role.

As you can see, my BitShares job description has nothing to do with "PR".

I answer polite questions here in my spare time -- just because I love you guys.

Smiley

learning when to keep our mouths shut.

still haven't learnt your lesson.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:26:39 AM

Dan is a coward for freedom to bow to his new Chinese overlords.

I like how Stan, Dan and the Bitshares' team attempts to portray themselves as Libertarians, but then the next thing you know, they're gagging everybody and hiring a PR firm to do all their talking for them.  Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Libertarians believed in free speech.  What a complete joke.

You're right, that is a bit confusing.  They should simply claim to be the employees of a company that is for sale to the highest bidder.  A purely capitalist enterprize.  If Hitler's spawn bought $10k in BitShares and told Dan to __________________insert non-Libertarian action__________ then precident dictates that he would continue to sell his soul.

So in order to eliminate investor confusion Stan, I believe that both you and Dan should quit confusing your investors with your political ideologies and either shut up about your political opinions or align them with those of the top shareholders because you are no longer men, but corporate slaves like the rest of us who toil for big business.

Your free market coin was bought by corpratists, and you will tow the line.  Speaking of Libertarianism from here on out is no different than you releasing insider information about a merger before your PR release officially happens.  In other words:

If you are going to shut your mouth on important stuff, then keep it shut!  Your wants, hopes, and dreams for the future of BitShares and your Libertarian Utopia will no longer be taken seriously.  They would only be hypocracy.  

In a Libertarian free market Utopia, he would be fired for such brazen treason to core ideals, however, in this corporatocracy, I don’t see how he could lose his highest paid delegate status because he has supported his Chinese lords (who obviously have voting power) plans to create a sub-class of individuals who are to be kept without knowledge until the upper class (those with the knowledge) decides to give the knowledge to the lower class sub-humans.

So now we have Libertarian Stan who was getting paid to spout Libertarian ideals, but can’t anymore because the strategic political direction of the company has obviously changed.  Will Stan continue to collect the largest possible paycheck (which he was already collecting at the shareholders expense).

YES

Having a rational discussion where everyone can expand his understanding is what convinces me in the end not some some emotional and fear* driven ideology! Maybe that is wishful thinking Smiley

* fear driven because it needs to humiliate other / other groups to show own achievements (see all the humiliating memes about Daniel Larimer).

I think that you are straying from the topic of the OP which is a simple reporting of the fact, not fear, that the planet can now be divided into 2 distinct types of people:

1. Those who know the BitShares news before the official PR report is published.  The OP refers to this group affectionately as the "Oligarchs," but the term "capitalist insider" could fit as well, or you could call them simply "the informed," or "keepers of secrets," whatever, but it does not change the fact that these particular humans are now permanently distinguished as different if not more privileged (who would not want to be like them?) than the other class of humans that has now been created which is conversely:

2. Everybody else, or the uninformed, or ____insert "discriminatory" (not to be confused with "derogatory") term to effectively (or unaffectionately) label this particular type of human being as being "different" than the first class___.

Nobody is disputing or afraid of this simple fact that some BitShares holders are now "different" than others, and I do believe that everybody who learns of this fact will intuitively understand exactly which class of people that they belong to.  The message has been clearly portrayed.  If you want to discuss something pertaining to the topic of the OP, then why don't you tell me what name you will give to this class of humans (should we still refer to them as humans?) who are now considered "different"

Please  discuss, I would love to hear what clever marketing you have up your sleeve.

This class of shareholder will henceforth be referred to as _________________________.

I will personally send 1000 BTS as a marketing bounty to my favorite answer

Incidentally, an ancient definition of the word "fear" is "that which is created the moment something is named or labelled," that is why the Dao or Tao is nameless.  That which is nameless cannot be possessed.  Slave class citizens are property. 

Speaking of fun facts, the market cap of all USA Slaves prior to emancipation exceeded that of all USA real estate, or USA bank balance sheets, or total capital sunk into any USA business sector.  The total capital business book value of all the USA slaves was larger than the total capital book value of any other industry in the US.  Therefore, it is not without free market capitalist precedent that some anonymous BitShare holders (no community vote occurred) have voted to harvest a new slave class of __________(insert 1000 BTS prizewinner)_____.  Now that BitShares, the corporation, has harnessed the power of corporate slavery which has been proven most lucrative, its market cap will surely be sustained at these levels, but at what cost?  The cost of freeing the slaves would be that there would have been some cheap shares on the market as soon as the slave driving Chinese sold their shares in disgust at Dan's refusal to create 2 separate classes of shareholder. 

I would have bought some of those cheap shares and stood proudly beside you my fearless freedom fighter, but instead, you sold me into slavery my friend, and I'm sitting here ralphing my guts out regretting the time I wasted fighting for a coward.  My own personal historical horror show will endlessly loop within my subconscious afterlife as the sinister realization of the heinous punchline that not only did I condone slavery, but championed the whip as well.  What a soul sucking learning experience this has been for me.

I thought that we would fight fearlessly to the death together, but instead, I'm betrayed.  Such is my destiny.

The topic of this thread is not weather or not anybody is embarrassed by this fact, or intends to do anything about the perfectly legal insider trading that can now occur prior to an "official BitShares PR"; this thread is simply designed to enlighten the world to this freshly created crypto fact.

"Back in the day, buying a slave was like buying a Ferrari.  Congratulations on your purchase BitShare holders.  Drive it with pride!"

OMG STAN!  THE SLAVES ARE WAKING UP!!! THE SLAVES ARE WAKING UP!!!!11111

BitcoinJesus2.0 used to be a very strong advocate of Bitshares.  It's understandable why he is upset over the situation.  Everyone invested in Bitshares, imo, is getting sold down the river to line Stan, Dan, and I3's pockets.

Everyone wants to make money to provide better for themselves and their families, but at what cost?  Do we turn from our morals and start selling each other out for a measly dollar?  I hope not.  I can write this and honestly say, I have never made a dime from illegitimate means, fooling others, taking advantage of the uninformed or betraying my ideals.  This is what is most important.  Corporatism has no place on the blockchain and anyone participating in corporatist schemes will only get betrayed and enslaved.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:41:30 AM

This class of shareholder will henceforth be referred to as _________________________.

I will personally send 1000 BTS as a marketing bounty to my favorite answer

the "Third BitEstate"

I also propose that we start referring to Dan as "His Royal Bytemaster King Larimer XVI"

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:47:02 AM

Without a puppy the pic is not legit.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:00:07 AM

Bernard Madoff carefully maintained his scam biz about 20 years. Central Bank scam is even running more than hundred years and it's still working .
So ...
Sorry ! Let us face the truth , BTSX did change its total supply  whatever the reason . They break the rules .
You can say bitshares is like stock share which controlled by a company , yea , it's ok !
But be remember , it's not a currency , it's not decentralized , it's totally central controlled . You guys playing this at your own risk .

The opportunity is to watch the design evolve in broad daylight and invest accordingly.

Our code and activities are an open book.  Show us the scam.

"activities are an open book"

What happened Stan?!!!

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:13:19 PM

This is what really happened when I3 stopped making money from PTS, then they repeated it at BTSX , then DNS then VOTE,then BTS and i hear there is another one in the works.

Stan's interview
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:14:03 PM

The guy is privileged and thinks his country is representative of 8 billion humans.  Besides, the McDonalds worker might be able to relocate their job but definitely not their pay.  Daniel can make his  $1,305 a month as a delegate and keep that income anywhere in the world (no work visa needed) and live like a king.

Before the war and inflation a household income (two working adults) in much of Eastern Europe was only like $1000 and many of those people had university educations and even professional training.

Or try the third world

http://www.sihanoukvilleproperty.com/info/property/774

See Daniel:  I was able to find a house big enough for your mom, brother, twelve cats and any men mistresses who might want to come along and only $600 - so you still have $700 to spend on the pizza delivery and local prostitutes I put on speed dial.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
StanLarimer

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:25:55 PM

BitShares has a very wide range of supporters with differing ideas about how things should be done.
Some want it run like a professional company, some want it run like a movement, some want it run like a technical society.  Most of us don't want it to be "run" by anybody.  It is a decentralized company, after all.

We believe we should respect these various interests, and give their leaders some time to work out a consensus that will be suitable for everybody.  If you want to participate, get in contact with others who think like you and participate in discussion groups that have been ongoing since the issue was first raised.  Or ask Fuzzy to help you set up a your own public or private discussion session where you can invite others you agree or disagree with to exchange views and help guide the consensus that is forming.

From what I have seen, the consensus that seems to be forming goes nowhere near the extreme strawman arguments that some have been trying to raise here. 

The challenge is to find the most fair and reliable process for disseminating information in a way that prevents market-moving misunderstandings.  The discussions are looking for ways that ideas can be openly discussed without causing rumor-induced panics that harm investors who don't have time to track the day to day discussions that now take place everywhere at everytime. 

Dan and I are trying to avoid biasing these discussions so that new leaders get a chance to represent the many BitShares stakeholders who will be the ultimate keys to its success.

Everybody knows what we think already.  Its been published everywhere.  Time to let some new voices make their case to the BitShares community.  That's what is happening now.   Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: