Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else who care less about bitcoin now than before?  (Read 3341 times)
goldsun (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:55:01 PM

So I started with bitcoin a couple of months ago. In the beginning, I would watch charts and do all the things that someone else would do if they were new to bitcoin. But since 1 month, I have stopped checking the charts and reading threads here and news about bitcoins. I simply care less now than before.

I think it's the depressing price that made me care less now because it's not as fun as before. When bitcoin hit around $420 one day, I thought about buying more, since then it's just gone down and down and a bit up and down etc.

Is there anyone else like me? I think I will start to watch charts once the price goes up to what I would refer to as "normal prices - the $350/btc range". In the end, I just hope it will rise to $1000/btc and more, but that seems to be a dream more than reality.

HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:08:24 PM

The 'normal' prices are always the prices when you got first involved with Bitcoin. For me those prices are the $80 prices approximately. I learned about it back when it was $100 or something. Imagine how it felt going up to $1100!!!

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:09:09 PM

So I started with bitcoin a couple of months ago. In the beginning, I would watch charts and do all the things that someone else would do if they were new to bitcoin. But since 1 month, I have stopped checking the charts and reading threads here and news about bitcoins. I simply care less now than before.

I think it's the depressing price that made me care less now because it's not as fun as before. When bitcoin hit around $420 one day, I thought about buying more, since then it's just gone down and down and a bit up and down etc.

Is there anyone else like me? I think I will start to watch charts once the price goes up to what I would refer to as "normal prices - the $350/btc range". In the end, I just hope it will rise to $1000/btc and more, but that seems to be a dream more than reality.

I think lots of us were just like you (I know I was), and a lot of that initial excitement depends on when in the cycle you start - but everyone eventually gets to that point of "caring less"

BTC can inspire rabid desire for more news/education/trading at first, but after a while that puppy-like exuberance grows up a bit into a more seasoned old sea captain type of take on it - because this space has largely functioned in waves.

I'm not saying to give it patience, but I also wouldn't go to sleep on it and think that rallies are

a dream more than reality

Because week when you haven't checked at all, reality could be the beginning of a new rally.  The last three ATH's at the tops of the bubbles were very much dream-numbers until they became reality.  You want to be awake on the way up to that if it happens again, not jumping in late during manic FOMO.

Summary: Check the price once or twice a day, the boards once a week.  Don't let the lulls trick you into thinking that the honeybadger went extinct.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:10:21 PM

Imagine how it looked to us when bitcoin we know as a 2$ "maybe" turned into 1200+
Anyways, the "normal" price is not where u enter the market, its where the price should be in respect to what the asses has to offer, and at this point in time it is  somewhere around 200$
Once the bear market realises that, the uptrend should follow.

cheers
stonerider

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
"what the asses has to offer"

So, what do they offer?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 10:25:43 PM

It's the opposite for me.  I care less about the price and charts, and more about the onslaught of positive news that's hit in just the first 2 months of the year!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-wins-2015-world-economic-forum-davos/

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/02/24/bitbeat-for-bitcoin-some-good-press-finally/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/11434904/Bitcoin-revolution-could-be-the-next-internet-says-Bank-of-England.html

If that doesn't give you an e-Boner, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fuck the price.  Let the day traders worry about that.  Buy and HODL is the only strategy you should even think of.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:30:14 PM

I find myself not on this forum as much anymore, but that is because this forum is full of a lot of bs.
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:56:08 PM

It's much more fun to be at the top of a pyramid scheme rather than the bottom. /thread

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:06:17 PM

It's much more fun to be at the top of a pyramid scheme rather than the bottom. /thread

Haha so funny because Bitcoin is a Ponzi Pyramid Snake Oil Sales Brooklyn Bridge Nigerian Prince Tulipmania scheme!

You sure got us.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1512

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:15:38 PM

You probably didn't care about it too much before the reduction in price. If the price is what determines the drive you have for Bitcoin completely, then you view it as a simple currency and nothing more. I understand your point though. You lose interest when the price is in the gutter.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:24:44 PM

When the price goes down, the interest in Bitcoin goes down too including about people who are already involved in Bitcoin.
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:33:57 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:44:16 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

It's the opposite for me.  I care less about the price and charts, and more about the onslaught of positive news that's hit in just the first 2 months of the year!
*random stuff*

Fuck the price.  Let the day traders worry about that.  Buy and HODL is the only strategy you should even think of.
Let me understand why all that stuff should give me a "e-boner".

You posted:

-a pic of a morgan's spurlock small documentary where they only show that using bitcoin is more a pain in the ass than anything. Did you watch the episode? At one point morgan is forced to buy *10* cups of coffee instead of just one because the owner of the shop doesn't want to get screwed with bitcoin's volatility! LOL!
-A pic of the winklevoss talking about their ETF which is taking forever to come out and we don't even know if it will ever come out (and why the hell should it help the price? the second market trust fund did nothing to the price, it's just another clusterfuck).
-VC funding on coinbase which is not a guarantee of anything and definitely not of bitcoin's price because the exchange can be profitable even if BTC falls to double digits and stays there, and if demand doesn't pick up, THAT's exactly what's gonna happen, VC money or not.
-The Bank of England article that clearly states that "While existing private digital currencies have economic flaws which make them volatile, the distributed ledger technology that their payment systems rely on may have considerable promise.” <-- They're not talking about BTC itself or any other existing shitcoin.
-Merchants/sites/companies accepting bitcoin out of self promotion (it doesn't cost them anything to do so) while NOT accepting bitcoin (but USD through a bitcoin dump).

How is all that supposed to give you a "e-boner"?
Bitcoin had news and headlines like these all year (2014). They're smokescreen, nobody cares (as we have seen with the taking price)  Undecided

Less kool-aid, more critical thinking  Undecided

waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:55:02 PM

Thats the same for me when i was starting in bitcoin, everyday i would look at the price but now I'm just fck it, im going to hold on it and use it..
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:05:57 AM

I am still a huge, huge long term believer but I am no longer obsessed with it as I was in the beginning
I guess it has sunk in that we are in for a really long haul

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:57:47 AM

Well, tonight you got a taste of what the price can do and it was hardly uninteresting unless you were all-in long on ltc/btc.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:48:00 AM

Well, tonight you got a taste of what the price can do and it was hardly uninteresting unless you were all-in long on ltc/btc.

Just a lil bit of foreplay! Smiley
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:52:10 PM

Hadn't checked the charts until now.
Surprise to see a vertical rise today - although it was only $10.  Smiley
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:53:36 PM

It's the opposite for me.  I care less about the price and charts, and more about the onslaught of positive news that's hit in just the first 2 months of the year!
*random stuff*

Fuck the price.  Let the day traders worry about that.  Buy and HODL is the only strategy you should even think of.

-troll-aid

How's that short position looking for you now... Wink

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 02:03:46 PM

Forget about the price. Try to take your mind off checking bitcoin price for a week and you will find that things will get a lot easier after that. I used to check the price all the time but I find that it's rather a waste of time. I like reading news about bitcoin development, check the google trend on what is the latest happening, discuss around in the forum, that will be much better.

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:11:52 PM

What makes you think $350 range is normal price? Even at low 200s there is barely any buying pressure, in mid to long term current $250 is absolutely unsustainable, there's still a long way down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: