Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:53:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to daytrade alt coins  (Read 1992 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:18:30 AM

it's already hard to day-trade bitcoin, let alone altcoin, to many coins die after they born, other seems good at launch but then die too, because they were a scam coin/rootkitcoin or something

other get good pump, but now there are few of those if you can catch them, you can make a good profit otherwise is a loss situation
sickhouse (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:45:58 AM

it's already hard to day-trade bitcoin, let alone altcoin, to many coins die after they born, other seems good at launch but then die too, because they were a scam coin/rootkitcoin or something

other get good pump, but now there are few of those if you can catch them, you can make a good profit otherwise is a loss situation
Yeah captcoin was a good example of a coin that looked good after launch but turned out to be a pyramide scheme.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:20:19 AM

Yeah captcoin was a good example of a coin that looked good after launch but turned out to be a pyramide scheme.

That's another reason why I like to trade several of the older coins listed above. They may be really cheap and "struggling for hope", but at least they have established some credibility.

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:16:14 AM

I am trying to daytrade alt coins, it's not gong to well. LTC was the coin I used to go to, but it's not going up and down as much as it used to. Any tips for a newbie? Preferably would be a site which shows big drops fast.
I've seen a lot of ups and downs on Clam's price maybe you should try daytrading Clams?
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:14:01 PM

I am trying to daytrade alt coins, it's not gong to well. LTC was the coin I used to go to, but it's not going up and down as much as it used to. Any tips for a newbie? Preferably would be a site which shows big drops fast.
it's very hard to do day trading, at least holding coin for 1 day minimal
if you invest in altcoin you have to know what development on progress, and it can't be finish in just 1 day or 1 week
you have to be patience if you trade altcoin
try trade with small amount of your btc, and the increase your amount little by little to minimize the risk
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:08:15 AM

I've seen a lot of ups and downs on Clam's price maybe you should try daytrading Clams?
I don't think the extent of fluctuation is the only criteria to pick up for risky daytrading! We should consider some other factors as well, such as the dev team, the specification, and potential application in our daily life etc. If the chosed altcoin complies with most of the criterias, then we can consider it promising.  If the altcoin sinks, we still get a chance.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:37:12 PM

I don't think the extent of fluctuation is the only criteria to pick up for risky daytrading! We should consider some other factors as well, such as the dev team, the specification, and potential application in our daily life etc. If the chosed altcoin complies with most of the criterias, then we can consider it promising.  If the altcoin sinks, we still get a chance.
Clams got good devs. JD and some other gambling sites accept Clams. That's the reason i mentioned Clams.  Wink
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:15:24 PM

I don't think the extent of fluctuation is the only criteria to pick up for risky daytrading! We should consider some other factors as well, such as the dev team, the specification, and potential application in our daily life etc. If the chosed altcoin complies with most of the criterias, then we can consider it promising.  If the altcoin sinks, we still get a chance.
Clams got good devs. JD and some other gambling sites accept Clams. That's the reason i mentioned Clams.  Wink
That is great! Clam seems good! Sorry for my ignorant about Clam!
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:32:27 AM

I would buy (or even better mine) 42 coin in the 4's - wait wait wait - and sell in the 5's.  Then it drops down to the 4's and the process repeats again and again.  It seems to happen every month or so.

But I guess that is far from day trading :-)

I don't think you can day trade alt coins and make much money. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: