Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:38:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: charitable fund to promote BTC/LTC/NMC + other btc accepting charities  (Read 1579 times)
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:47:59 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 10:25:56 PM by matthewh3

Starting a new charitable investment fund on GLBSE.  Where people can donate shares, coins or buy shares in the fund.  The shares will pay no dividend and just offer the right to vote on the funds motions.  All coin donated or shares purchased in the fund profits will be used to buy a spread of high yeilding stocks and bonds on the GLBSE.  90% of the funds profits will be reinvested (to be reviewed as the fund grows in proportion to the exchange market) while the rest will be donated 50:50 between BTC/LTC/NMC promotion and development, and the other 50% to tech charities that accept bitcoin donations that could help proliferate the bitcoin network.   Such as The Freedom Box Foundation - http://freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/index.en.html - and - The Free Network Foundation - http://freenetworkfoundation.org/?page_id=772 -  The 50% used on bitcoin development and promotion will be decided by motion on exactly where it should go.

I don’t have a lot of coin but do have a few shares and some free time to give this.  I offer to donate my time totally free of charge for the first twelve months and until if such a time when running the charity becomes a lot more time consuming.  Then in the future any costs of running the charity will be decided by motion. I will always be keeping 10% of the shares in the fund myself.  The shares pay no dividends and just offer voting rights in the charities motions.   All accounts will be made public.

So can we get the ball rolling to buy the ticker name - 1CcZtRGJK5x2ttW8DQW6S5C1U6DdwUkrw - then once we have a ticker people can donate shares and buy them for or from the fund too.

Also if anyone would like to donate time to make a website or hosting for shares in the fund then contact me.

Disclaimer - No shares will be bought in my mining stock at the moment as I've temporally changed it from dividend paying stock to a growth stock.  Investment would only start into my mining stock after a motion vote to do so.

I will be emailing Nefrio to see if he can offer us a free ticker due to this being a charitable fund.  If he say's yes then donations towards the ticker fee will go on buy the funds first high yielding shares.

To donate bitcoins - 1CcZtRGJK5x2ttW8DQW6S5C1U6DdwUkrw

To donate litecoins - LKQ9ZKKBNHYcPjSkSK2GnkbYb7PeFgnSj7

To donate namecoins - NCvUBqH8bPGwybfWHWycF8dYiLYb8gg3VN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 06:50:42 PM

Huh https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92684.0

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:58:04 PM

No way not seen that post.  Been thinking about this for a week or two now just finally fought of going through with it.  Maybe I should focus on donating to the btc accepting tech charities like Freedom box and Free network but more coin to bitcoin promotion and development the better I suppose.  There is room for more than one charity trust.  Say one folds the other fund could take it over.  Since they already have the ticker if I can't get a free ticker of Nefrio or raise enough over the next month I'll give whatever raised to them and donate the shares I was going to donate to my own fund to them also.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:06:19 PM

No way not seen that post.  Been thinking about this for a week or two now just finally fought of going through with it.  Maybe I should focus on donating to the btc accepting tech charities like Freedom box and Free network but more coin to bitcoin promotion and development the better I suppose.  There is room for more than one charity trust.  Say one folds the other fund could take it over.  Since they already have the ticker if I can't get a free ticker of Nefrio or raise enough over the next month I'll give whatever raised to them and donate the shares I was going to donate to my own fund to them also.

Also changed it so it also supports litecoins promotion and development now

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 10:14:31 PM

This one is devoted to promoting bitcoin itself.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 10:33:22 PM

Yes correct the one I'm running is broader.  Supporting both bitcoin, lightcoin, namecoin promotion and support.  As well as support tech that may be useful to bitcoin like The Freedom Box Foundation (http://freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/index.en.html) and The Free Network Foundation (http://freenetworkfoundation.org/?page_id=772).  Or other opensource free software or hardware charities that may help the three main alt-coins or anonymous an/or p2p technology charities that accept alt-coin donations.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 03:20:43 AM

you will keep 10% ?

Seems so.

Disclosure: I keep zero.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:27:29 AM

Keeping 10% for no real reason other than gaining from people who actually want to donate money/shares?! Not cool!

Also, there's no closed list of who receives the donations and money donations are used to invest in something YOU seem fit on GLBSE, where you have other assets of your own as well running.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 05:03:39 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2012, 05:43:38 PM by matthewh3

Only of the shares.  The shares pay no dividend and just offer voting rights in the Charities motions.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 05:50:52 PM

Only of the shares.  The shares pay no dividend and just offer voting rights in the Charities motions.

90% of the funds profits will be reinvested (to be reviewed as the fund grows in proportion to the exchange market) while the rest will be donated 50:50 between BTC/LTC/NMC promotion and development, and the other 50% to tech charities that accept bitcoin donations.  

I offer to donate my time totally free of charge for the first twelve months and until if such a time when running the charity becomes a lot more time consuming.  Then in the future any costs of running the charity will be decided by motion.  I will always be keeping 10% of the shares in the fund myself.  The shares pay no dividends and just offer voting rights in the charities motions.   All accounts will be made public.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 10:25:30 PM

yeah, he spammed me about this, i was not pleased Sad  

One private message to you and my first and only ever private message to you and that's spam is it  Huh  As the investment fund would have been buying lot's of shares in your securities I thought it made sense to offer you a postion as patron.

90% of the funds profits will be reinvested (to be reviewed as the fund grows in proportion to the exchange market) while the rest will be donated 50:50 between BTC/LTC/NMC promotion and development, and the other 50% to tech charities that accept bitcoin donations that could help proliferate the bitcoin network.   Such as The Freedom Box Foundation - http://freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/index.en.html - and - The Free Network Foundation - http://freenetworkfoundation.org/?page_id=772 -  

A free, open and uncensored internet is vital to bitcoins survival and growth.  So having an investment fund to feed suitable movements is very important but large donations never came.  Maybe people don't think I'm suitable for the project although I'm happy for anyone else who feels qualified to come on board to help manage and direct the charity and/or investment fund.  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: