Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Satoshi? The Ultimate Bitcoin Insider Reference Contest - Atlanta  (Read 2523 times)
rjcesq (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 03:31:43 AM

The Atlanta Bitcoin Consumer Fair is proud to announce the "Where's Satoshi? The Ultimate Bitcoin Insider Reference Contest"  The person who names the most insider references in the scene (http://bitcoinconsumerfair.com/identify-the-bitcoin-references/) will win a free ticket to the Atlanta Bitcoin Consumer Fair April 17th and 18th along with 2 nights hotel stay. In addition, the winner can purchase as many companion tickets as they want for a 51% discount. Note, there are 51 insider references in the scene. You need not name all of them to win, just name more than anybody else.  Grin For more about the contest check out the link above.

Shocked If you don't think you'll win, now is a good time to get your ticket. Purchase before March 1st and enjoy early registration pricing. Get an additional 10% off when you pay with BTC. http://bitcoinconsumerfair.com/registration/
God

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:29:08 PM

Lot's of work to lookup the names of them all...

I bump this post because it's kind of fun.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:04:26 PM

There are many people on the list , i saw a guy post a list of probable people to be satoshi
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:18:45 PM

There are many people on the list , i saw a guy post a list of probable people to be satoshi

They were talking about 51 people, were they asking to find out people in that image given on the website?

croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:29:58 PM

If dude was able to invent blockchain technology sure he can potect his anonimity so i guess his identity will stay mistery for most ppl.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

They were talking about 51 people, were they asking to find out people in that image given on the website?

man i don't know single of them
Other than bitcoin jesus i think
If he even exists Undecided
rjcesq (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 06:02:18 PM

Not all are people. The first one, as given on the website, is "Bitcoin Miners". Some are references to events or things or concepts. You don't have to get all 51, you just have to get more than everybody else.

If you'd rather just buy a ticket, today is the last day to take advantage of the early registration discount. Register at http://bitcoinconsumerfair.com/registration/
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 06:55:48 PM

he is dead:

goxxed.

DigiX

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:06:09 PM

I only know half of them.

Sad
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:48:25 PM

I think that many people are curious to find answer for this question.
If I will be Satoshi, I will choose to remain in anonymity for many different reasons, security, possible legal action etc.
I think we will never reveal his identity (if Satoshi is smart enough) so all this questions about him will remain unanswered.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:57:40 PM

I think that many people are curious to find answer for this question.
If I will be Satoshi, I will choose to remain in anonymity for many different reasons, security, possible legal action etc.
I think we will never reveal his identity (if Satoshi is smart enough) so all this questions about him will remain unanswered.

The real story is something like "Ender's Game". Except, the old men use Ender to get the advantage and then place their own little puppet figurehead on top of Bitcoin (cough, Facebook, cough).
rjcesq (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:57:33 PM

Maybe the title of this post is misleading. This is not a contest to find Satoshi, this is a contest to name the references in the scene on the website. See the image here http://bitcoinconsumerfair.com/identify-the-bitcoin-references/

To DigiX, submit your entry because 1/2 may be just enough to win the contest.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:26:06 PM

Lol! That's quite the collage of Bitcoin infamy. That's awesome. I'm no where near Atlanta but sounds great, have fun!

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:30:34 PM

Cool!

With a first glance I only see about 30.  I wonder what "1025" references or what the blue porcupine represents.
rjcesq (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:23:45 PM

So far Rassah is in the lead with 38 correct references.  Can you beat him?  Enter today.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:07:56 PM

That's a really fun image.

I hope you published the full list afterwards!

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:18:38 AM

WE should post the insider references on this thread.

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:20:54 AM

I'm pretty sure the few people who know of Satoshi are the devs who took over Bitcoin when he left and the guy who hacked into his email through that tor leak stuff.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

This is goin' sound really weird, but it took me three read-throughs to understand the contest after lookin' at the first image, then still not get it. Then, I scroll further down and saw the bigger pic. I put two and two together and finally realized what was being asked. In short order, I got up to 43, with about six of them being a tad tough, others/most humorous. I think I can nail them all.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:26:55 AM

So far Rassah is in the lead with 38 correct references.  Can you beat him?  Enter today.

Just starting reading the rest of this thread, and see that I'm ahead of Rassah. Also, I just noticed that this thread is over 2 weeks old, thinking at first it was a new thread. Now I think I'm wastin' my time. FUCK ME!

EDIT: Damn, I must be too tired (yet still was able to get 43). Just noticed that Rassah's post was dated the 10th, thinkin' it was in Feb. some time. I'm all fucked up!

EDIT 2: Yep, tired! I just corrected the grammar in [this] post four times. (make that five)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: