Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you to Admins and Moderators  (Read 2065 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:34:40 PM

That's great! It is great to see that the moderator moved so many ponzi topics to that section very fast.

Moved over 300 threads in the new section. Please report if I missed any.
How far back were you looking when deciding to move threads? e.g. when did the last post in a thread need to be made after in order for you to move the thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

How far back were you looking when deciding to move threads? e.g. when did the last post in a thread need to be made after in order for you to move the thread?

Page 42 Smiley.
I wouldn't mind handling reports on older clear ponzis though.

Enzyme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:47:23 PM

Finally!

Now I can access the latest scams even faster.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:44:53 PM

Page 42 Smiley.
I wouldn't mind handling reports on older clear ponzis though.

That section did get a lot of activity
Nice expunge though 42 pages covers pretty much all of them  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:11:32 PM

But... fake cloud minings are ponzis. There is a thread by Puppet, you should read it if you haven't. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0.

How can one conclusively prove that a cloud mining operation is fake though, or a ponzi? Even when it appears impossible you can't be 100% sure that its not someone with a bit too much money doing changetip style donation. Entirely unlikely but entirely plausible.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

How can one conclusively prove that a cloud mining operation is fake though, or a ponzi? Even when it appears impossible you can't be 100% sure that its not someone with a bit too much money doing changetip style donation. Entirely unlikely but entirely plausible.

If you were walking down the street past a bank and you saw a car parked outside in a tow zone with its engine running, and three guys sat inside with masks on and shotguns in their hands, what would you think?

1) They're probably going to rob that bank
2) It's some NRA members with embarrassing facial disfigurements who have got lost and are about to ask me for directions.

You don't have conclusive proof, you are making a judgement based on probabilities, like we do every day in all sorts of situations.
A fake cloud mining operation hasn't disappeared with your money until it's disappeared with your money. It's a bit late and irrelevant to then argue that you gave them your money because you weren't 100% sure they were going to run off with it.

BTW plausible means: seeming reasonable or probable.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:37:28 PM

But... fake cloud minings are ponzis. There is a thread by Puppet, you should read it if you haven't. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0.

If you haven't read the thread, I suggest you to read it.

Definition of 'ponzi':

Quote from: definition 1
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator.

Quote from: definition 2
A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk.

These defenitions are similar but see bolded part. All fake cloud mining announced here matches this defenition as it is a ponzi.

If it is like a donation, he/she/they don't want people's investment, they can pay directly to people like BiPolarBob do.

-MZ

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: