Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s5 write to EMC  (Read 1520 times)
boomin (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:13:59 AM

Ok- sorry in advance for the long explanation - however it is necessary.  

I had a S4 go down on me.  It was the BB.  So being the crafty guy I am - I grabbed the BB from an S5 (figured it was almost 1TH more to be running the S4)  everything is fine and dandy - I send the bad S4 BB to bitmain and they swap it for a BB for another S4 BB.  Simple enough - that's what I asked for.  

Now- I have no Idea which unit I used the old S5 BB in (I have almost 20) so it would be easier just to make the S4 BB work in an S5 -or so I think...

Here is the problem.  The S4 is designed to run off of an SD card ONLY.  So I figure - I will download the S5 image and put it on an SD card and flash it.  Well- that didn't work out.  I was able to get the S5 to boot with the SD card - But it ALWAYS has the default pool info for BITMAIN when it restarts or reboots.  So now - I would REALLY like to flash the S5 with the current SD card.  But it appears that you have to have an S2 button on the board to initiate flash.  *(I'm guessing bitmain saved a lot of money buying stripped down BB's)  At this point I either need to modify the code on the SD card to be my pools.  Or figure out a way to flash the BB with the SD card and get it back to normal.

Any help would be appreciated.  

unix skill set = lacking...But I follow directions VERY well - unless you are my wife! LOL

Thanks

Boomin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:31:04 AM

Try to comminicate with smit1237, he is very experienced in reverse engineering of S5 firmware. Do not forget to send a little "thanx" to his wallet.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: