Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 10:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s5 write to EMC  (Read 1538 times)
boomin (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:13:59 AM

Ok- sorry in advance for the long explanation - however it is necessary.  

I had a S4 go down on me.  It was the BB.  So being the crafty guy I am - I grabbed the BB from an S5 (figured it was almost 1TH more to be running the S4)  everything is fine and dandy - I send the bad S4 BB to bitmain and they swap it for a BB for another S4 BB.  Simple enough - that's what I asked for.  

Now- I have no Idea which unit I used the old S5 BB in (I have almost 20) so it would be easier just to make the S4 BB work in an S5 -or so I think...

Here is the problem.  The S4 is designed to run off of an SD card ONLY.  So I figure - I will download the S5 image and put it on an SD card and flash it.  Well- that didn't work out.  I was able to get the S5 to boot with the SD card - But it ALWAYS has the default pool info for BITMAIN when it restarts or reboots.  So now - I would REALLY like to flash the S5 with the current SD card.  But it appears that you have to have an S2 button on the board to initiate flash.  *(I'm guessing bitmain saved a lot of money buying stripped down BB's)  At this point I either need to modify the code on the SD card to be my pools.  Or figure out a way to flash the BB with the SD card and get it back to normal.

Any help would be appreciated.  

unix skill set = lacking...But I follow directions VERY well - unless you are my wife! LOL

Thanks

Boomin
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

A humble Siberian miner

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:31:04 AM

Try to comminicate with smit1237, he is very experienced in reverse engineering of S5 firmware. Do not forget to send a little "thanx" to his wallet.

From Siberia with love!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: