Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was scammed by a member here?  (Read 2204 times)
Goolifter (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:47:43 AM

Hi,

I was scammed over Skype by a member here. I know his username, he took 2.18 BTC and never gave me the LTC.

What can I do?
TotalShift

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:50:14 AM

Post your proof and the name of the user. Most of the time you can do nothing about it. The best you can do is be careful next time.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:50:45 AM

what can you do, not a lot Sad

How do you know the username he gave you over skype is his actual username here?

You will need to post more detail, screenshots etc.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:55:57 AM

Hi,

I was scammed over Skype by a member here. I know his username, he took 2.18 BTC and never gave me the LTC.

What can I do?

Even though you knew his username here, I doubt you will get your btc back. With 2.18 he could buy 2 or 3 accounts with green trust.
That's why you must use escrow and make a deal in public.

Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 11:57:33 AM

You should give us more proofs mate . like the thread where the transaction has been made (I don't think you did on this account since you only have one post) . Also someone adding you on skype and telling you his username on a forum isn't a proof because anyone can do this .
Next time you should ask people via skype to send you a Message on the forums to check their Idendity .

~ Madness

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:59:59 AM

Hi,

What can I do?

First of all, understand that there is almost no chance you'll get your BTC back.

Second, post some proof and info about the scammer so that everyone else can keep away from him and give him negative trust (This isn't much helpful since 2.18 BTC is a good amoun to abandon an account completely. The scammer will usually start a new account to continue scamming others.)

Third: Use escrow next time.
DLCseller

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:45:57 PM

Hi,

What can I do?

2.18 btcs? Next time use escrow , man.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:24:47 PM

Hi,

What can I do?

When a person asks you to use Skype become suspicious coz most scams are being done in skype chat.
Can you post any screenshots about your conversations and his username?
Ume

Activity: 210

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:28:18 PM

Hi,

What can I do?

When a person asks you to use Skype become suspicious coz most scams are being done in skype chat.
Can you post any screenshots about your conversations and his username?

PLease tell use the username so we can give him neg trust or do something else .

Hoping that the user is not a newbie jr
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

Post the txid of you sending Bitcoin to the person. Chances are that pretty good that the address will somehow be linked to the user here.
SimplisticStu

Activity: 154

♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:39:12 PM

You could post more details and see if the community can make some form of connection to at least put a halt to the account they are using at the moment but like it's been said BTC2.18 is enough for them to leave their present account behind and move on.

Really should use escrow and treat transactions with extreme caution to cover yourself.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:44:17 PM

You could post more details and see if the community can make some form of connection to at least put a halt to the account they are using at the moment but like it's been said BTC2.18 is enough for them to leave their present account behind and move on.

Really should use escrow and treat transactions with extreme caution to cover yourself.

If OP's allegations are true, maybe the identity of the user will be found. Doxing is often possible.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:44:21 PM

The most you can do is point out the proof, and the people will rep will give him a negative rep if the story is valid.

As for your bitcoin it`ll never come back. Just take it as a lesson, to do everything with a legit escrow.

chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:50:06 PM

this is why you are suggested to use trusted escrow when dealing with someone
post some proofs and username of the user
it won't get you your money back but you can stop him for scamming others
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:53:22 PM

If OP's allegations are true, maybe the identity of the user will be found. Doxing is often possible wrong..

Fixed for better accuracy.  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:56:21 PM

i think scammers r targeting newbies. fuck this time for face recognition logging in
MEPHuk

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:35:52 PM

Post name and post proof, as stated above, and then cross your fingers

The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:05:32 PM

Without proof you won't get anything . you should learn from your mistakes and that's it .

SimplisticStu

Activity: 154

♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 05:53:33 PM

No more info given from OP, not a lot we can do with this really
MEPHuk

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:14:57 PM

No more info given from OP, not a lot we can do with this really

True, also, for any other people reading this, if you do get scammed, make sure you post the scammers name in the topic title Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: