Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 05:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't lose your head! Full-body transplants will be possible within two years  (Read 3968 times)
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:53:42 PM

I did some looking into things like this. I'm not as optimistic. Things like this have a lot of speculation associated with them, and it's not uncommon for a topic like this to be expected soon. For it to be operational in two years, very unlikely in my opinion. The technology is there, but I doubt we could execute something like this.
tee-rex (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:34:51 AM

I did some looking into things like this. I'm not as optimistic. Things like this have a lot of speculation associated with them, and it's not uncommon for a topic like this to be expected soon. For it to be operational in two years, very unlikely in my opinion. The technology is there, but I doubt we could execute something like this.

You're just being too pessimistic.

Where I see greater potential, and this appears to be research in the right direction, is cybernetic bodies with organic brains as a means of life extension, or cloning a fresh body and implanting your brain into it. Both are rather futuristic, but the one prediction you can make with certainty regarding new technologies is that you can't accurately predict a timeline. The prerequisites for an assembler already exist, based on the Drexler's "the Engines of Creation", but so far nobody has done it. Unless in secret..

This seems to be overly futuristic. Regarding synthetic bodies with organic brains, to date, we can only make an artificial heart, which costs around 200k euro at the moment and the recipient of which has to carry a portable power source with him. But the heart is just a muscle.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:46:08 AM

lol.... this will be interesting. For example, imagine if a billionaire is kidnapped by some con-men and his body is completely transplanted. All of his assets would now be under the control of the guy who has transplanted in to his body.
tee-rex (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:09:04 AM

lol.... this will be interesting. For example, imagine if a billionaire is kidnapped by some con-men and his body is completely transplanted. All of his assets would now be under the control of the guy who has transplanted in to his body.

Without the billionaire's authentic head, his body won't be... hmm, sui juris, so to speak, i.e. won't have the capacity to manage its own affairs.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:31:48 PM

It is now obvious that some people are taking this advice, to not lose your head because full body transplants are available.

From the thread Zombies apocalypse is coming:

Can anybody explain this dog?

Either Halloween or Photoshop.    Cheesy

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tee-rex (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:14:40 PM

Breaking news! The terminally ill man set to be first to undergo the world's first full head transplant pioneered by Dr. Sergio Canavero:

A man with a fatal medical condition says he is ready to put his trust in controversial surgeon Dr Sergio Canavero who claims he can cut off his head and attach it to a healthy body. Mr Spiridonov, 30, a computer scientist from Russia, said: 'My decision is final and I do not plan to change my mind.' As a lifelong sufferer of the rare genetic Werdnig-Hoffman muscle wasting disease, he says he wants the chance of a new body before he dies
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:09:17 PM

First human head-to-body transplant: Russian man to undergo revolutionary surgery

Doctors seem to be a step closer to performing a breakthrough surgery: transplanting a human head onto another body - READ MORE http://on.rt.com/4gj71n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjqXOzJr_E

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:23:01 PM

Probably a hype job to boost stocks related to that Dr/someone related to him. I totally do not buy this crap.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:37:52 PM

Full-body transplants will be possible within two years, says controversial surgeon Sergio Canavero

The world’s first full-body transplant – in which someone’s head would be sewn onto a donor body – could take place in just two years, according to a controversial surgeon.
Mr Canavero said: “I think we are now at a point when the technical aspects are all feasible. If society doesn't want it, I won't do it. But if people don't want it in the US or Europe, that doesn't mean it won't be done somewhere else. I'm trying to go about this the right way, but before going to the moon, you want to make sure people will follow you

A worthy comment from the site:

Soon we will see 'rich wise heads on young shoulders'. Now the Western oligarchs will finally find some use for the younger poor and disadvantaged (So long as they have a healthy body)

What do you guys think?

This is totally insane if possible, personality would change dramatically i should imagine, much of the body does some of the thinking (sayings like trust your gut came around for a reason).   
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:27:13 PM

This is totally insane if possible, personality would change dramatically i should imagine, much of the body does some of the thinking (sayings like trust your gut came around for a reason).  

I'm not so sure about that - how much thinking do you do with your hands? Wink

Or really, your heart, kidneys, or anything else people can already replace?

Probably a hype job to boost stocks related to that Dr/someone related to him. I totally do not buy this crap.

Well, they apparently need to come up with the $11 million for the whole procedure first, but assuming funding isn't an issue, the operation itself may end up being performed as early as next year (going by the article tee-rex posted above) - so, I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.
llanillo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:50:07 PM

So now the multimillion people, besides having money will be immortal now? !! ... We'll see the persons selling their bodies on the streets.. lel Grin

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
tee-rex (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

So now the multimillion people, besides having money will be immortal now? !! ... We'll see the persons selling their bodies on the streets.. lel Grin

This has been discussed earlier in the thread. There are a number of well-known people from the wealthy elite (headed by David, pardon the pun) who might at least consider financing such an operation if asked.
tee-rex (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:34:32 AM

A Chinese surgeon has been surgically transplanting the heads of mice and performed 1,000 head transplants. He is moving up the food chain, and now he wants to perform head transplants on monkeys (that can live "at least for a little while"). Humans are next.

pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:17:52 PM

Full-body transplants will be possible within two years, says controversial surgeon Sergio Canavero

The world’s first full-body transplant – in which someone’s head would be sewn onto a donor body – could take place in just two years, according to a controversial surgeon.
Mr Canavero said: “I think we are now at a point when the technical aspects are all feasible. If society doesn't want it, I won't do it. But if people don't want it in the US or Europe, that doesn't mean it won't be done somewhere else. I'm trying to go about this the right way, but before going to the moon, you want to make sure people will follow you

A worthy comment from the site:

Soon we will see 'rich wise heads on young shoulders'. Now the Western oligarchs will finally find some use for the younger poor and disadvantaged (So long as they have a healthy body)

What do you guys think?

It is all advancing so rapidly, this does look unimaginable, but it is quite possible, just given the fact that thing we thought were impossible couple years ago are now being developed.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:48:55 PM

Imagine how scary it is for the future of humanity, where bodies are just pots for our souls and these pots could be shattered and broken just to fix another broken pot. It is unnatural and it might give rise to more flesh trade where humans are just another body for the head of a rich man.

Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 01:52:44 PM

20/20 vision forever
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/06/19/the-8-minute-surgery-that-will-give-you-superhuman-vision-forever/
also 3x better!

Calm
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:07:23 PM

I got lasik eye surgery a couple years ago and my vision is great, except when the eye (usually it's one) gets sort of dry, then no matter how perfectly shaped your cornea is, if the rest of mechanisms of the eye aren't in good shape, you'll not have a perfect vision. I've tried eyedrops but don't work long term.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

The body doesn't matter, the head does. The body is just another vessel, the head has the brain which realizes its own identity and the face helps others identify your identity. So, assuming if Mr.X is a billionaire and Mr.Y is the kidnapper, either scenario, the one with no head is dead.
Aayush

Activity: 90

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 04:01:18 PM

I got lasik eye surgery a couple years ago and my vision is great, except when the eye (usually it's one) gets sort of dry, then no matter how perfectly shaped your cornea is, if the rest of mechanisms of the eye aren't in good shape, you'll not have a perfect vision. I've tried eyedrops but don't work long term.
Oh, that's sad to  hear.

Calm
monas

Activity: 76

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:42:01 PM

Surely a full body transplant would be to transplant someone mind/soul into another body, now that would be impressive.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: