Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:29:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going UP - Kim Dotcom was the cause  (Read 2868 times)
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 09:20:39 AM

Hi,

As you can see here my thread when Paypal stopped dealing with MEGA Because it's using End-To-End Encryption => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=970897.0
We see a decent increase on the price of Bitcoin since the tweet that MEGA is going to start using Bitcoin .
After the price rised to about ~257$ now . Kim Dotcom also tweeted this :

~ Madness

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:22:44 AM

Fancy.

How close are you to billionaire?
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:37:31 AM

It very much likely wasn't due to this. People always seems to try find a cause or a news story to justify the price rise or crash but sometimes I think there is none other than basic supply and demand. People really need to stop being so fickle though.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:42:47 AM

If that is the whole reason for this rise (apparently doubling the price according to the misinforming tweet), then this is over already. If Microsoft couldn't save it, Mega certainly won't.  Roll Eyes

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:43:55 AM

Dotcom might have ignited it, but it's only going up because the market was ripe for it.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 11:13:20 AM

It very much likely wasn't due to this. People always seems to try find a cause or a news story to justify the price rise or crash but sometimes I think there is none other than basic supply and demand. People really need to stop being so fickle though.

Probably yes probably no. Once he stopped dealing with paypal he could have converted all his cash to bitcoin and it's so coincidental that both happened roughly at the same time. On another note probably it might not be related as the buying support could be fundamentally related. We can never be sure.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:08:37 PM

If that is the whole reason for this rise (apparently doubling the price according to the misinforming tweet), then this is over already. If Microsoft couldn't save it, Mega certainly won't.  Roll Eyes
Agree. Don't think one tweet of that kind would lift the market now. We are not there yet. I expect more of the sideways trend despite many wishing for an elevator up. Not now.

this space is intentionally left blank
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:33:35 PM

If that was the sole reason, the increase of 17$ (7-8% of the price), the increase in bitcoin market cap. of 263 million wont hold.
Unleass Kim himself pumped  insane omount of fiat, and this makes bears open their wallets once again.
I agree that its time for trend reversal, but sharp rises are known not to hold for long, next week it will be shown is this just a passing thing.

cheers
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:58:52 PM

If we are able to maintain sideways instead of downwards that is already big achievement. We have been in free fall for more than a year now and there for it is utmost important to stop bleeding first and then find the fundamentals to rise.

this space is intentionally left blank
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:25:09 PM

Kim Dotcom says he's broke, and put Mega in his wife's name.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2472793,00.asp
12345mm

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:30:39 PM

*also the spike rise was a couple hours BEFORE he sent out his message ... so if it was this individual or not , it wasn't because of words , but rather only dollars ...

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:33:30 PM

Kim is not main reason for price rise but sure will do good for Bitcoin awareness and wider usage and acceptance, so in long run that will have positive efect on Bitcoin price.
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:37:45 PM

More likely, Chinese operations going belly up/being taken off the state´s teat whatever is happening in that thoroughly corrupted pile of horse dung - thus leading to falling rate of bitcoin dumping.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:45:15 PM

Kim is not main reason for price rise but sure will do good for Bitcoin awareness and wider usage and acceptance, so in long run that will have positive efect on Bitcoin price.
Exactly, Kim has nothing to do it he's just trolling. I don't think any sane person would use his tweets as an investment guide.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:43:21 PM

Exactly, Kim has nothing to do it he's just trolling. I don't think any sane person would use his tweets as an investment guide.

But there is no one sane enough in the bitcoin world. I don't see what else could take us up like this.

We didn't go up much. Check the charts!
We were already here on Feb 15th (just 2 weeks ago), and earlier on Jan 26th (3 weeks earlier). We are bouncing between supports.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:49:55 PM

No way is a market dependent on one single tweet. We are not even up by that much.
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:00:14 PM

No way is a market dependent on one single tweet. We are not even up by that much.
I see nothing else that will effect the markt at this point. People just used that tweet as an excuse to buy all the bitcoins

MileyJohanson
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:02:03 PM

Kim the criminal did not affect anything  Roll Eyes

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1514

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:28:07 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if the price would drop again after this small hype. Doesn't seem like this one person would affect much to be perfectly honest.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:50:17 PM

It's great that Mega will use Bitcoin as main payment method, but it's not interesting enough for large traders to get bullish.

I'm interested to find out how many traders can keep their patience.

If it stays like this for a week or so they will sell off some of their coins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: