Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:24:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase is now the biggest western exchange after asia...  (Read 2382 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 02:05:06 PM

Coinbase is the biggest western exchange after asia (no. 10) .

How long will it take for Coinbase to reach the top 5? What do you think?

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:18:44 PM

Good for them. I just hope they won't turn into another Gox. BTC needs a stable well managed exchanges, that won't report a hack and disappear after a year or 2.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:31:45 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 03:19:40 PM by Gisado

I would like to see the original page... Can you give me the link?
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 02:49:34 PM

@bitgeek:

you cant compare coinbase with mtgox. nothing is a 100% safe but coinbase has a very professonial team and because of that more than $120 millions in funding.
mtgox was ran by a criminal lunatic with no clue.

@Gisado

here it is:

http://exchangewar.info/#unisend

Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:26:11 PM

Coinbase is the biggest western exchange after asia (no. 10) .

How long will it take for Coinbase to reach the top 5? What do you think?

I think it'll climb up rapidly especially as bitcoin adoption grows in America. What I want to know is why are all the biggest exchanges Chinese? Hopefully it wont matter in the future any way as we move towards decentralized exchanges which are in the true spirit of bitcoin in my opinion.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:33:57 PM

I think it'll climb up rapidly especially as bitcoin adoption grows in America. What I want to know is why are all the biggest exchanges Chinese?

There are lots of miners there. Also those exchanges are zero fee so they'll attract traders from all around the world. Hopefully they'll eventually become an irrelevance because none of them are to be trusted.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:36:33 PM

maybe there are more Bots that trade BTC and this is the reason for the high volume.

Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:38:09 PM

I think it'll climb up rapidly especially as bitcoin adoption grows in America. What I want to know is why are all the biggest exchanges Chinese?

There are lots of miners there. Also those exchanges are zero fee so they'll attract traders from all around the world. Hopefully they'll eventually become an irrelevance because none of them are to be trusted.

They're all zero fees?  Shocked How do they make money?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:43:52 PM

They're all zero fees?  Shocked How do they make money?

I think some charge a withdrawal fee. I'll guess that much of their money is made taking fresh CNY for coins that have never and will never actually exist.
Slunt

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:47:40 PM

They're all zero fees?  Shocked How do they make money?

Maybe they're all ponzi schemes?  Grin They might make money from adverts like faucets do. They'll surely get a lot of hits.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

Maybe they're all ponzi schemes?  Grin They might make money from adverts like faucets do. They'll surely get a lot of hits.

You'll notice that the majority of trades done on the platforms that have 0% fees are done by robots.

The owners of the exchange create their own robots that can trade faster than anyone else (by running from the same server or data center).

This is how they can "afford" to offer zero trading fees (the same sort of corruption that happens with high speed trading in stock exchanges).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

Personally i don't think they must go any higher , they arent that great
Brad Pitt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

Maybe they're all ponzi schemes?  Grin They might make money from adverts like faucets do. They'll surely get a lot of hits.

You'll notice that the majority of trades done on the platforms that have 0% fees are done by robots.

The owners of the exchange create their own robots that can trade faster than anyone else (by running from the same server or data center).

This is how they can "afford" to offer zero trading fees (the same sort of corruption that happens with high speed trading in stock exchanges).

What is the benefit to them of using bots? How do they make their money from this?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:14:22 PM

What is the benefit to them of using bots? How do they make their money from this?

They can front run their customers and sell back to them.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 04:19:49 PM

They can front run their customers and sell back to them.

Yes - that is probably the main method used.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

pabitel

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

It should be noted that Coinbase will start charging fees after March 30 (https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1826608-what-are-the-fees-for-using-coinbase-exchange-).
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 04:22:18 PM

It should be noted that Coinbase will start charging fees after March 30 (https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1826608-what-are-the-fees-for-using-coinbase-exchange-).

The main asian exchanges don't charge commissions (and I don't think that is going to change any time soon).

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:43:22 PM

Coinbase is getting that volume while only servicing 50% of the states in the US although a larger % of the population.  This is due to the current 0% fees and perceived safety.  That perceived safety is ofc due to regulation.  Those regulations are the reason some people have been kicked off of CB.  I have been lucky that my "bad" transactions happened significantly before they instituted their restrictions and I am able to use CB although I have not signed up with their exchange.

What do people think of using CB considering the regulations they abide by?

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

Wow its good for coinbase, I'm not really hope will reach top 5.
My fav alt exchanger in 27 lol
Chine exchanger dominate Cheesy

Can you give me a link of this sites ?? i like to see the original page  Grin
Coinbase will reach top 5 in 1 years trust me  Grin

http://exchangewar.info/#unisend
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 06:53:21 PM