Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Man gets life in prison for selling $20 worth of weed to undercover cop  (Read 2474 times)
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:13:49 AM

this is why I think old sociopaths need to be killed. They'll do too much harm if we just wait for them to die.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeoN147

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:43:32 AM

20$ got him in jail for life, sh/t I'm better start cleaning my emails lol.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:05:37 PM

Only if you're on your final warning, but I wouldn't ever keep or send anything incriminating in your mail box. You not heard of Edward Snowden?  Grin

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:59:15 PM

What is it they say? Cruel and unusual punishment.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
sickhouse

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:03:35 PM

You got 2 strikes? Fuck me I wouldn't want to live in the US... Bullshit kid rule "you get 2 chances than you are out".

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
bigkahuna

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

The home of the free!  Angry
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:10:40 PM

There is no sense of proportion!!
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

So lesson here is, if you commit a 5$ victimless crime in the US, you should be ready to kill rather than be arrested?

Shooting the cop wouldn't have made any difference in terms of sentence

Now on the other hand innocent people are shot by US cops daily  Angry

Who is going to liberate the US now, aliens?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:53:40 PM

This must be bs so i call it, (a friend) of mine got caught with over 50 plants and was given a hefty fine an probation etc no he is not a snitch he is a decent man who just happens to like to relax with a smoke.

So one dude gets slap on the wrist for multiple plants and this is not a first i read about it a lot with other people who get similar punishment and another who dabbles with the crumbs gets life? come on!

On the bright side he is no longer homeless and he has food... 

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

This must be bs so i call it, (a friend) of mine got caught with over 50 plants and was given a hefty fine an probation etc no he is not a snitch he is a decent man who just happens to like to relax with a smoke.

So one dude gets slap on the wrist for multiple plants and this is not a first i read about it a lot with other people who get similar punishment and another who dabbles with the crumbs gets life? come on!

On the bright side he is no longer homeless and he has food...  

I think it depends on the state where it happens. I'm not American but at least that is what someone said above. Some states consider it just a misdemeanor but more conservative states give tougher sentences. It doesn't help that he was already on his third strike. : /
And he has food and shelter now, but the money they spend imprisoning people for these non violent crimes could be spent to help them while they are free. It could even be cheaper.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:26:59 PM

http://boingboing.net/2015/02/27/man-gets-life-in-prison-for-se.html

A homeless and hungry man agreed to purchase $20 worth of weed for a stranger in exchange for a $5 finder's fee. After the man received his $5 (marked by the police) he was arrested and jailed.

"Six months later, a jury found him guilty of distribution of a schedule I substance (marijuana). Three months after that, a judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with hard labor, without the benefit of parole."

I am appalled by the fact that someone can get a life sentence for this. The US three strike rule is ludicrous. The above article has very little details. It was after reading the article linked below that I learned it was his third strike.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/27/fate-vincent-winslow-got-life-in-prison-for-20-worth-of-weed.html

The US justice system can be very very tough. It oppresses poor people the most. It is not all bad though.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:12:07 PM

Not mentioning the fact that it is ridiculous to get a prison sentence let alone life in jail for a PLANT.

I couldn't help but think he would definitely be black before opening the article.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:55:11 AM

Up to 44 years for man in fatal Pittsburgh police dog stabbing

https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/172188-2015-03-11-up-to-44-years-for-man-in-fatal-pittsburgh-police.htm

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/man-who-killed-pittsburgh-police-dog-be-sentenced/nkR3d/

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:05:30 AM

Not mentioning the fact that it is ridiculous to get a prison sentence let alone life in jail for a PLANT.

I couldn't help but think he would definitely be black before opening the article.

understand that most of those people supporting that believe that on the night of the 24 dec comes a man wearing a red costume to give them gifts if they have followed authority... they even prepare a glass of milk and cookies... then... the sky is the limit.

edit: until gravity kicks in...  Lips sealed

money is faster...
BitMos

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:06:49 AM

Americans are totally crazy. the most uncivilized nation in the world, covered by a bunch of shit-shiny-looking shield.

This is completely disgusting.

relatively excluding China Mainland most are worst.

money is faster...
BitMos

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:18:28 AM

Americans are totally crazy. the most uncivilized nation in the world, covered by a bunch of shit-shiny-looking shield.

This is completely disgusting.

relatively excluding China Mainland most are worst.

At least China Mainland says publicly that they are a republic-dictature. The disgusting side of USA is that they shows themselves as the good guys when they then act as the worst.

outside of China resides only barbarians... even the "Khan" wanted to be "chinesed", how not once war is mastered... For brief period the USA could have made it... but the c and bor stayed on papers. that's the diff, far from saying that everything is perfect in China... losts of hard decisions and works still to be made, but at least problems are recognized, as opportunity to be solved, and not to be hidden.

money is faster...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 10:20:01 AM

this is why I think old sociopaths need to be killed. They'll do too much harm if we just wait for them to die.

They don't need to be killed, they just need to be ignored, the problem is they deliberately target people like their own children who aren't really able to ignore them so they end up getting force fed their bullshit.
BitMos

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:32:09 AM

How to love a society that does all we discuss here. Isn't sociopath in a way the best response in survival mode that the society promotes? How to survive with trusting society - authority?

money is faster...
BitNerd

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:05:33 AM

A homeless and hungry man gets a room and a hot(cold?) meal in prison for life out of the tax payers money.

Governments are so altruistic, aren't they? What a beautiful story.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: