Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Millions of children 'being taught distorted view of European history'  (Read 1096 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:28:18 PM

Millions of children 'being taught distorted view of European history to push further EU integration'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11432847/Millions-of-children-being-taught-distorted-view-of-European-history-to-push-further-EU-integration.html

Prof David Abulafia, a Cambridge University don, has said school textbooks are “papering over” past differences between European nations in favour of a misleading idea of European citizenship.

The Mediterranean History lecturer told The Telegraph the “soft push” for further EU integration was most prominent in Germany and France but was starting to “creep in” to teaching in Britain.

It comes as 30 top historians this week pledged support to a new campaign, Historians for Britain, calling for a fundamental redrawing of the UK’s relationship with the European Europe.

“It hardly needs to be said that this has involved a distortion of the past, by assuming that a sense of European identity has existed for centuries, and by assuming a common purpose leading to the ultimate unification of Europe.”

“There is a soft push to create a sense of European citizenship which is based on frankly an invented common history because the history of Europe is to a large extent the history of division, not the history of unity,” he said.

“When it has been the history of unity, as we’ve seen under Napoleon and Hitler or under the Soviets in Eastern Europe, it has gone disastrously wrong. It is a papering over the discordant elements in European history to create this idealised event.”  

Looks like someone is emboldened by the 23-year-long Soros-sponsored experiment at falsifying the history of Ukraine in schoolbooks there. The results have exceeded all expectations, given that some pretty far-fetched things were put into Ukrainian history books.

Also, the latest unified state that existed in Europe and that could be a competitor to EU - Yugoslavia - got dismantled by bombs and lies.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:59:28 PM

As if I didn't need any more proof that the current powers are nothing more than empires trying to stretch their influence as far as they can and destroy individuality.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:05:44 PM

As if I didn't need any more proof that the current powers are nothing more than empires trying to stretch their influence as they can and destroy individuality.

Without individuality there is no love. Without love there is nothing to defend. The empires crumble in ruins.

money is faster...
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:21:18 PM

let them teach the kids whatever they want , in the end the kids will learn by themselfs how it really is anyways.
BitMos

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:28:40 PM

let them teach the kids whatever they want , in the end the kids will learn by themselfs how it really is anyways.

yep. I can testify on that. but what a betrayal.

money is faster...
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:40:15 PM

Millions of children 'being taught distorted view of European history to push further EU integration'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11432847/Millions-of-children-being-taught-distorted-view-of-European-history-to-push-further-EU-integration.html

Prof David Abulafia, a Cambridge University don, has said school textbooks are “papering over” past differences between European nations in favour of a misleading idea of European citizenship.

The Mediterranean History lecturer told The Telegraph the “soft push” for further EU integration was most prominent in Germany and France but was starting to “creep in” to teaching in Britain.

It comes as 30 top historians this week pledged support to a new campaign, Historians for Britain, calling for a fundamental redrawing of the UK’s relationship with the European Europe.

“It hardly needs to be said that this has involved a distortion of the past, by assuming that a sense of European identity has existed for centuries, and by assuming a common purpose leading to the ultimate unification of Europe.”

“There is a soft push to create a sense of European citizenship which is based on frankly an invented common history because the history of Europe is to a large extent the history of division, not the history of unity,” he said.

“When it has been the history of unity, as we’ve seen under Napoleon and Hitler or under the Soviets in Eastern Europe, it has gone disastrously wrong. It is a papering over the discordant elements in European history to create this idealised event.” 

Looks like someone is emboldened by the 23-year-long Soros-sponsored experiment at falsifying the history of Ukraine in schoolbooks there. The results have exceeded all expectations, given that some pretty far-fetched things were put into Ukrainian history books.

Also, the latest unified state that existed in Europe and that could be a competitor to EU - Yugoslavia - got dismantled by bombs and lies.

The only thing which could be said here is "he who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past". They definitely know what they are doing.

And the story of Yugoslavia is not that simple.
BitMos

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:51:22 PM

The only thing which could be said here is "he who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past". They definitely know what they are doing.

I think on the contrary they have absolutely no idea. Reality is unbreakable. I let the apple fall, it will reach the floor and then I will see the tree and then eat the fruit, who can change that? So what they just achieve is the breach of the bound of trust between each individual. And with such structures they think to be able to wage wars? they have already been conquered by the bad in themselves. ex: you can deny that 4 nuclear plants went bust, you can legislate what ever you want, it will still be there. Those living the lies will see the fruit of it, taste it, and it will leave a bad taste in their mouths, from there the seasons returns.

money is faster...
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 09:02:04 PM

For the laughs, I found Ukrainian educational video for school children about Ukrainian history:
Wooden submarine, wooden submarine....  Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3yqPtztY94

As for Yugoslavian history. All history is complicated. That is no excuse for dropping dirty bombs on people's heads. And the end result: Serbs are demonised, while in fact being the main victims of that conflict. And a country that was functioning very well, better than USSR, destroyed.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
tee-rex

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:04:46 PM

I think on the contrary they have absolutely no idea. Reality is unbreakable. I let the apple fall, it will reach the floor and then I will see the tree and then eat the fruit, who can change that? So what they just achieve is the breach of the bound of trust between each individual. And with such structures they think to be able to wage wars? they have already been conquered by the bad in themselves. ex: you can deny that 4 nuclear plants went bust, you can legislate what ever you want, it will still be there. Those living the lies will see the fruit of it, taste it, and it will leave a bad taste in their mouths, from there the seasons returns.

History has nothing to do with reality per se and is written by the winners. You cannot overrule the law of gravity, but you can still make a claim to be its discoverer.
BitMos

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:12:15 PM

However if you have the capacity to master gravity in the battlefield, how could you tell conscious lies to those that came with you to defeating your enemy? That's why I mostly prefer men and women of war (including financial) it's impossible to lie on the inside. Where is the money? Where is the tank? I don't know is an acceptable answer, however lying. not. And in both cases, in serious institutions, there are serious consequences for such characters. So those that you are describing only won a battle, not THE WAR.

money is faster...
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:12:37 PM

You can't teach harmony and integration when they have centuries of war among them. Countries geographically close do not spell unity. Take another region for example: The middle east
tee-rex

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

However if you have the capacity to master gravity in the battlefield, how could you tell conscious lies to those that came with you to defeating your enemy? That's why I mostly prefer men and women of war (including financial) it's impossible to lie on the inside. Where is the money? Where is the tank? I don't know is an acceptable answer, however lying. not. And in both cases, in serious institutions, there are serious consequences for such characters. So those that you are describing only won a battle, not THE WAR.

If only it were all so simple! In real life you don't have to tell lies and fables, in most cases it is enough just not to tell the whole truth.
BitMos

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:22:04 PM

If only it were all so simple! In real life you don't have to tell lies and fables, in most cases it is enough not to tell the whole truth.

compartmentalized soldiers? do you plan to lose? the fucking whole truth, the tank is here, but it can't move (additional useful information)... Anyway I think everything is already written in the stars, but none can read it all. The type of soldiers that will be happy to not question when they see a trail of truth being closed on them are not worth a bf against a Real Army, in all spectrum. why? they are stupids. Don't fight with stupids w101.

money is faster...
tee-rex

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:30:09 PM

If only it were all so simple! In real life you don't have to tell lies and fables, in most cases it is enough not to tell the whole truth.

compartmentalized soldiers? do you plan to lose? the fucking whole truth, the tank is here, but it can't move (additional useful information)... Anyway I think everything is already written in the stars, but none can read it all. The type of soldiers that will be happy to not question when they see a trail of truth being closed on them are not worth a bf against a Real Army, in all spectrum. why? they are stupids. Don't fight with stupids w101.

Should every soldier know his general's plans? This is a rhetoric question, but the answer is in full formal compliance with the theory of half-truths.
BitMos

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:36:25 PM

Should every soldier know his general's plans? This is a rhetoric question, but the answer is in full formal compliance with the theory of half-truths.

for me the plan is always very simple, at least when war is engaged, exterminate the enemy to unconditional surrender. as the ways to achieve it are always fluid there isn't much to tell on this aspect, so not much the operational aspect, much more about the reason why the enemy is the enemy. That must be truthfully understood. The field of Mars for the speech, the forums to discuss it before among civilized people.

money is faster...
tee-rex

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:38:22 PM

for me the plan is always very simple, at least when war is engaged, exterminate the enemy to unconditional surrender. as the ways to achieve it are always fluid there isn't much to tell on this aspect, so not much the operational aspect, much more about the reason why the enemy is the enemy. That must be truthfully understood. The field of Mars for the speech, the forums to discuss it before among civilized people.

Rephrasing a well known saying, inasmuch as you understand the plan, you fight for yourself, insofar as you don't, you fight for someone who understands more.
PayingCharon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:42:11 PM

Hey it is always nice to know that the EU is finally going with the US history plan. Let them know what we believe they should know.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:46:16 PM

Does the author give any specific examples to back up is claims?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: