Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:46:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 02-28-2015 Research Polls Say: Bitcoin’s Image Needs A Polish!  (Read 2121 times)
srgkrgkj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:52:20 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/research-polls-say-bitcoins-image-needs-polish/

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:39:44 PM

The image of Bitcoin is not the same as the image of a company... Saying it needs a polish is valid, but makes it look like a company! Cheesy

The people are who give it an "image"... So it's up to us to make it look good Smiley
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:10:07 AM

I read an article just the other day where the BTC Foundation and a few others were embarking on a polish marketing campaign with some agency. So, we'll see how it turns out as time goes by.

Edit: They make mention of that in this article too and I agree that a little extra PR could help the cause among the masses.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:50:00 AM

Wow, only 25% of people over the age of 55 said yes and 54% (!) of them think the government should NOT ALLOW people to use bitcoin. It's not whether the government should endorse it or not but according to them it should ban it. Why old people have to be so grumpy? I hope I won't be like that in 30 years...

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Coogan

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:05:02 AM

It doesn't need a polish it just needs time and people will see the benefits and open their mind to it.

Wow, only 25% of people over the age of 55 said yes and 54% (!) of them think the government should NOT ALLOW people to use bitcoin. It's not whether the government should endorse it or not but according to them it should ban it. Why old people have to be so grumpy? I hope I won't be like that in 30 years...

Ignorance. People can be idiotic and fear what they don't understand.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:24:54 PM

I read an article just the other day where the BTC Foundation and a few others were embarking on a polish marketing campaign with some agency. So, we'll see how it turns out as time goes by.

Edit: They make mention of that in this article too and I agree that a little extra PR could help the cause among the masses.

Extra PR is always good. But aren't we as community also part of this whole system?

It would help if we as Bitcoin believers also make people in our near environment aware of the benefits of Bitcoin compared to current fiat.

We can wait and wait for others to do the work, but if everyone makes an effort it could be even better.

For example, if you know some one with a store, tell that person if he is interested in having an extra payment option.

Explain to him what the benefits are, that they don't have to deal with insane fees, no chargebacks, etc.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:29:37 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 07:52:17 PM by odolvlobo

The poll demonstrates to me that for all its wealth, power, technology, and resources, U.S.A. is such a backward country.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: