Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 03:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No response after Questions  (Read 1417 times)
jailee (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 11:09:32 PM

I approached two different people that seemed to be capable, and both said they were willing, to build me a faucet, a poker page for my site and an escrow plugin for my wordpress site. After I messaged the following, I never heard from them again. Is there anyone with the capabilities and interest in this? I thought what I was asking was quite reasonable....

"Your prices seem fair friend. Would you be open to the idea of letting somebody look at what you write so I am assured there are no backdoors, virus or such? I cant be too careful with my money, though I dont seek to offend, I have a hard time trusting. At the moment my funds are going to limit me to just BTC for the faucet. If I choose, are you able to add more coins/wallets later? Lastly, how do we make the trade fair? My idea is perhaps to send to person for inspection and when they say all good, I send BTC and inspector sends me faucet? Person to inspect can be agreed on by us both."

No response to such a fair request makes me sad too realize there are so many shady characters in our community. Sad......Anyways, it whatever I guess...
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:40:33 PM

Or they think you want to trick them by using your "inspector" to get the code and then refusing to accept the code. So you can get the all stuff without paying for their work.   
jailee (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:42:53 PM

Or they think you want to trick them by using your "inspector" to get the code and then refusing to accept the code. So you can get the all stuff without paying for their work.   

Yeah, you may be right, but there has to be a way for these guys to prove their work. Can yo imagine how rich you would be scamming .5% of 4 games you coded that have an average of 1000 users a day? Lets just say you skim $.50 off each one, thats $2000 a day being stolen because nobody was able to peak at the great and almighty programmers code to prove this cant happen. If I was a coder I would have a portfolio available, references, examples and I would defininitely have a way to show that Im not ripping you off. Anyways, I guess I shouldnt be surprised....Hey anyone want to make me a faucet? yeah Ill do it, heres my price...oh you want to make sure its fair with no back doors? Nevermind.....NEXT VICTIM PLEASE!! Fuck that, Ill learn to do it myself.....ok, Im done venting...have a good day  Cool
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:53:18 PM

Why not just use escrow with conditional terms? If there is a back door detected or skimming code then they don't get paid until its removed and you have a working and fair faucet/dice/poker whatever site.

cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:34:48 PM

I approached two different people that seemed to be capable, and both said they were willing, to build me a faucet, a poker page for my site and an escrow plugin for my wordpress site. After I messaged the following, I never heard from them again. Is there anyone with the capabilities and interest in this? I thought what I was asking was quite reasonable....

"Your prices seem fair friend. Would you be open to the idea of letting somebody look at what you write so I am assured there are no backdoors, virus or such? I cant be too careful with my money, though I dont seek to offend, I have a hard time trusting. At the moment my funds are going to limit me to just BTC for the faucet. If I choose, are you able to add more coins/wallets later? Lastly, how do we make the trade fair? My idea is perhaps to send to person for inspection and when they say all good, I send BTC and inspector sends me faucet? Person to inspect can be agreed on by us both."

No response to such a fair request makes me sad too realize there are so many shady characters in our community. Sad......Anyways, it whatever I guess...

You are 100% right in worrying about backdoors, what these guys so far seem to think is the back door is to skim off the players, but back doors can do so much more.

I advise you set the MYSQL database and the cron up yourself, Dont give him access to the database, you can request the MYSQL code and do it yourself with one click and then check it all to verify there no hidden admins, check recheck and have a friend who knows PHP check all the files. You set your own wallets up and dont give him the RPCusernames or the RPCPasswords EVER!! do that manually yourself. Lock the games withdraw address so it can never be changed and always withdraw to an offline wallet on your own computer. (you will have to hard code this into the programming Smiley  And tell them you want the ability to have your game on one server and pull the data from your wallet that is on a separate server. if he sayd it cant be done he is lieing it can and has been done and its very secure, more so than having the game and the wallet on the same server.

do the faucet the same way Smiley

to be honest if he doesnt already have the codes what your asking is not an easy task, so you should expect vthe price to be pretty hefty, if it is not, they are scamming you, if you wanted him to set it all up and just hand it over to you, thats a lot of work, especially if your putting the wallet on one server and the game and faucet on another. now if he already has the game codes and files its a very fast process and can be completed in less than one day.

jailee (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 07:53:53 PM

You are 100% right in worrying about backdoors, what these guys so far seem to think is the back door is to skim off the players, but back doors can do so much more.

I advise you set the MYSQL database and the cron up yourself, Dont give him access to the database, you can request the MYSQL code and do it yourself with one click and then check it all to verify there no hidden admins, check recheck and have a friend who knows PHP check all the files. You set your own wallets up and dont give him the RPCusernames or the RPCPasswords EVER!! do that manually yourself. Lock the games withdraw address so it can never be changed and always withdraw to an offline wallet on your own computer. (you will have to hard code this into the programming Smiley  And tell them you want the ability to have your game on one server and pull the data from your wallet that is on a separate server. if he sayd it cant be done he is lieing it can and has been done and its very secure, more so than having the game and the wallet on the same server.

do the faucet the same way Smiley

to be honest if he doesnt already have the codes what your asking is not an easy task, so you should expect vthe price to be pretty hefty, if it is not, they are scamming you, if you wanted him to set it all up and just hand it over to you, thats a lot of work, especially if your putting the wallet on one server and the game and faucet on another. now if he already has the game codes and files its a very fast process and can be completed in less than one day.

YES! The price I was given was BTC1.85...my request was for 1 faucet that will give the visitor a choice between 6 different coins to despense  for the payout...so if you liked BTCD more than BTC you would click the BTCD button, enter your wallet and get your free faucet money....Is this a reasonable price then? or scam price?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: