Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My coins literally Dissapeared On blockchain.info  (Read 1552 times)
NoobDude (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:09:33 PM

So here is what happened-

I was sending some coins to an address via BC.info , I wanted to send 0.1BTC. I choose "Custom Send" Option. Entered the amount I wanted to send I.e 0.1BTC . Also entered the correct address. Then I entered the mimer's fee as 0.0002BTC . I clicked send. It showed me something like- "Your transaction has been created but it has not been pushed to p2p network. Please push your transaction via this tool- https://blockchain.info/pushtx" they also gave me a raw transaction in hex format like- g829066228ggsi792937hh8822900377hhdbdbejejsjjsgsggsaklqlpwjndbbxvdheue729397bab sj
This is not the exact thing that they gave but the string was similar to this one. They asked me to push the transaction via https://blockchain.info/pushtx using this string. I went to https://blockchain.info/pushtx and entered the long string. The transaction got pushed. The person i wanted to send the coins received them. But while doing custom send I has selected the Change Address option as - To "New Address" .
After I sent the coins I guess the output was recorded in a new address that wasn't in my wallet. The output 0.03 approx got sent to some other address so this way I sent out 0.1to actual address and 0.03BTC to some address that wasn't in my wallet.
Is there any solution?

Also I think the wallet.dat file should contain my address that got the extra bitcoin, but that address did not save in my wallet. Is there some way to recover that address because "To New Address" Option would have sent the bitcoins to an address that would have been owned by me. So can i get that address? I don't know how it works. I just have some vague ideas. Please help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:11:53 PM

-snip-
Is there any solution?

Contact support. If you want to know more post relevant information e.g. TX ID.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
NoobDude (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:22:05 PM

-snip-
Is there any solution?

Contact support. If you want to know more post relevant information e.g. TX ID.
They do not help with transaction issues. They only help with forgot password issues.
NoobDude (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:34:16 PM

Also I read somewhere that my wallet already has precreated public and private keys through which new addresses are created. Can somehow i use my wallet.dat file to check if I have a private key to a certain address?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:39:18 PM

Also I read somewhere that my wallet already has precreated public and private keys through which new addresses are created.

Thats bitcoin core/qt

Can somehow i use my wallet.dat file to check if I have a private key to a certain address?

If you are using blockchain.info you should not have a wallet.dat. They send you a backup of your private keys via mail though.

Other than that I can only repeat to post something specific, because no one here is an oracle.

btc.jobworks

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:42:00 PM

Also I read somewhere that my wallet already has precreated public and private keys through which new addresses are created. Can somehow i use my wallet.dat file to check if I have a private key to a certain address?

new address are created for receiving never for sending i guess.
which browser did you use ? i hope you weren't on tor browser and
if that is the case then your coins were hacked.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:44:07 PM

If there is change a new address can be generated to receive that.

There is no evidence to support that idea. Not everyone that is using Tor is instantly hacked.

NoobDude (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:47:28 PM

I guess this is how it works- You send coins, input is taken suppose 0.13BTC. The coins are sent to the address you choose, sent 0.1 to some address, now the left over 0.03BTC is the output which you get back, it usually comes back to the address from which you sent coins, but in my case they came back to a new address which I requested but the new address wasn't saved in my wallet. So while creating the new address the existing keys would have been used.

Also I read somewhere that my wallet already has precreated public and private keys through which new addresses are created.

Thats bitcoin core/qt

Can somehow i use my wallet.dat file to check if I have a private key to a certain address?

If you are using blockchain.info you should not have a wallet.dat. They send you a backup of your private keys via mail though.

Other than that I can only repeat to post something specific, because no one here is an oracle.
So isn't it possible to get something like wallet.dat file on blockchain.info? Sorry, cannot post the tx, its confidential.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:15:29 PM

-snip-
I guess this is how it works- You send coins, input is taken suppose 0.13BTC. The coins are sent to the address you choose, sent 0.1 to some address, now the left over 0.03BTC is the output which you get back, it usually comes back to the address from which you sent coins,
-snip-

Bc.i usually does this, but most other wallet create a new address for you.

but in my case they came back to a new address which I requested but the new address wasn't saved in my wallet.

Which should not have happend and IMHO should be a case for their support. If e.g. electrum wasnt working as it should you would contact the devs for help as well wouldnt you? Only in this case you have no access to log files to understand what went wrong.

So isn't it possible to get something like wallet.dat file on blockchain.info?

You can export the private keys in several formats, but the wallet.dat from bitcoin core/qt includes more information, e.g. on transactions. I am not aware if bc.i has something like that to offer. If the private key for your newly generated change address is not among those to export I suspect their wallet did not work as it should.

Sorry, cannot post the tx, its confidential.

I understand.

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:03:27 PM

blockchain.info wallet is a big headache nowdays, a lot of problem poping up better you use light bitcoin wallets like multibit or armory
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:11:07 AM

This looks extremely weird ,this is why care needs to be taken to import and protect the private keys.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:26:13 AM

Its time to use a better wallet, like hive or something more central.

They just been everywhere, esp with their stupid 2FA security crap.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:57:43 AM

blockchain.info wallet is a big headache nowdays, a lot of problem poping up better you use light bitcoin wallets like multibit or armory

I don't have many problems with blockchain.info
a1dedicatedservers

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:12:28 AM

I stopped using blockchain a long ago. They will never provide you any support for any issues with your account.
Deadmau5

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:42:08 AM

Its time to use a better wallet, like hive or something more central.

They just been everywhere, esp with their stupid 2FA security crap.

What? 2FA isn't 'stupid security crap'. It's what stops people from losing their coins and those that get hacked never have it set up.

I don't have many problems with blockchain.info

Same. Works fine for my casual day to day wallet and I've never had any problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: