Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:52:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Never Finishs Initializing  (Read 2844 times)
nodownloads (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:53:58 PM

I am using Bitcoin Armory 9.3 & Core 10.  I restored a wallet from a paper backup after my system crashed and I had to reinstall windows.  I use Windows 7 64 bit.

Here is the problem:  Armory seems stuck in the initializing phase with no progress shown on the bar.  In the lower right corner it says, "Connected (0 blocks)".  I have left it on continuously for days at a time and it never seems to get any further than beginning the "initializing Bitcoin Engine" phase.  So what is the problem?  Bitcoin Armory recognizes bitcoin core is installed and is set to manage it.  Why can't I make any progress.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
kilminukas

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:20:34 PM

I am using Bitcoin Armory 9.3 & Core 10.  I restored a wallet from a paper backup after my system crashed and I had to reinstall windows.  I use Windows 7 64 bit.

Here is the problem:  Armory seems stuck in the initializing phase with no progress shown on the bar.  In the lower right corner it says, "Connected (0 blocks)".  I have left it on continuously for days at a time and it never seems to get any further than beginning the "initializing Bitcoin Engine" phase.  So what is the problem?  Bitcoin Armory recognizes bitcoin core is installed and is set to manage it.  Why can't I make any progress.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
how can the system crash because of restoring paper wallet? thats insane
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:30:03 PM

Log files

nodownloads (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:20:10 PM

No, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  Those were two different events, not connected in anyway.  I have had this problem with connecting, downloading blocks and finally seeing my transactions for a long time BEFORE my system crashed for a completely unrelated reason.

This problem started several months ago when I requested one bitcoin from an online wallet to be sent to an Armory address before ever snychronizing and downloading the block chain.  I think this was a big mistake because I never had the downloaded any blocks even on previous version of Armory and Core. 
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:27:13 PM

No, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  Those were two different events, not connected in anyway.  I have had this problem with connecting, downloading blocks and finally seeing my transactions for a long time BEFORE my system crashed for a completely unrelated reason.

This problem started several months ago when I requested one bitcoin from an online wallet to be sent to an Armory address before ever snychronizing and downloading the block chain.  I think this was a big mistake because I never had the downloaded any blocks even on previous version of Armory and Core. 

It's preferable to get Core and Armory sync'ed before sending coins to your wallets. Some people don't realize the hardware requirements for Armory are kinda high. I'm not sure if you are experiencing the known issue on 0.93 (for which we are currently testing a fix), or if it's a setup issue. At any rate, you should produce some log files.

nodownloads (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:49:54 PM

I just sent a bug report which I think contains log files.  I have looked through all over Armory and I don't see a way to actually read the log files.  It probably wouldn't make any sense to me anyway since I am a newbie.

Are my coins lost forever or can I recover them if I get the program to work?  The wallet is restored and in perfect condition.  I just can't get Armory to connect even though it says it is with 0 blocks downloaded.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:09:16 PM

I just sent a bug report which I think contains log files.  I have looked through all over Armory and I don't see a way to actually read the log files.  It probably wouldn't make any sense to me anyway since I am a newbie.

Are my coins lost forever or can I recover them if I get the program to work?  The wallet is restored and in perfect condition.  I just can't get Armory to connect even though it says it is with 0 blocks downloaded.

Your coins are fine. Syncing Armory and wallet security are 2 different things. I'll respond to your ticket from the support channel.

nodownloads (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:49:54 PM

I updated with the latest version of Armory: 0.93.0.70

It didn't seem to change anything.  It still shows connected (0 blocks) and never makes progress initializing.  Could someone please help?  I am getting somewhat desperate since it's been so long since I had this problem.

I sent another bug report with logs and opened a new ticket with previous ticket referenced.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:10:38 PM

I updated with the latest version of Armory: 0.93.0.70

It didn't seem to change anything.  It still shows connected (0 blocks) and never makes progress initializing.  Could someone please help?  I am getting somewhat desperate since it's been so long since I had this problem.

I sent another bug report with logs and opened a new ticket with previous ticket referenced.

Gimme your ticket #, I'll look at it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: