Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:46:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all, newbie post :)  (Read 1712 times)
Istaria (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:31:24 PM

Hello bitcoiners Smiley

I've been lurking around the rim of Bitcoin for a while now, and am finally brave enough to post on the forums.

I won't pretend to any great understanding of Bitcoin or how it works, but I think I'd like to be part of it - it's certainly dynamic!

Hello to all of you - I look forward to being a member here, and learning lots of new stuff Smiley

Ist.
champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:22:11 PM

Welcome!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE Learn about the technicals Smiley

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
Istaria (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:40:58 PM

Hey thank you Champ Smiley

I think what I would like to do tonight is get started. I want to see how I buy Bitcoins and then spend them. I'm going to have a punt for 50 euro.

I just created a wallet on Blockchain, so can you tell me how I can get some cash into it from my debit card tonight? It's a VISA, and I am based in Ireland (SEPA zone). Can I buy some coins now? I know there's a transaction thing to go through, but I don't know how long it takes.

Any help appreciated.

Ist.
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:18:06 AM

I think what I would like to do tonight is get started. I want to see how I buy Bitcoins and then spend them. I'm going to have a punt for 50 euro.

I just created a wallet on Blockchain, so can you tell me how I can get some cash into it from my debit card tonight? It's a VISA, and I am based in Ireland (SEPA zone). Can I buy some coins now? I know there's a transaction thing to go through, but I don't know how long it takes.

Any help appreciated.

Ist.

Welcome Smiley

Check here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 05:27:57 AM

Hello welcome to the community Smiley
for understanding about more bitcoin:
- bitcoin.org/en/faq
- https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

choose the right wallet: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

surfing on google and then i found this: http://www.bitcoinirl.ie/

~iki
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Hey always nice to see new people take up Bitcoin Smiley Welcome to the forum!
I would suggest that you have a look at Circle.com if you're looking to buy BTC with a credit/debit card. I've been using their service for a while now, I've tried other sites but they're the fastest and easiest by a long shot. They're pretty safe too. You'll have your BTC ready within a few mins of setting up your account  Smiley

EDIT - Virwox is the safest if you want to use PayPal or Skrill but they have some pretty mean fees.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 02:38:57 PM

Hey always nice to see new people take up Bitcoin Smiley Welcome to the forum!
I would suggest that you have a look at Circle.com if you're looking to buy BTC with a credit/debit card. I've been using their service for a while now, I've tried other sites but they're the fastest and easiest by a long shot. They're pretty safe too. You'll have your BTC ready within a few mins of setting up your account  Smiley

EDIT - Virwox is the safest if you want to use PayPal or Skrill but they have some pretty mean fees.

I second this about Virwox, though if you use them with any frequency, the fees DO go down to an extent.
The benefit of Virwox is that it's instant in most cases (if you're very new, your first transaction or two
may take longer).

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 07:06:02 PM

Welcome!

There are a few good podcast episodes on YouTube you might like. Here's a link to an episode of the Joe Rogan Epxerience, he interviews Andreas Antonopoulos, who is a self proclaimed expert on bitcoin. The interview will cover the basics in a way that helps beginners understand the details.

Don't be shy to ask questions in any thread on this forum.

MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:07:16 PM

Hello bitcoiners Smiley

I've been lurking around the rim of Bitcoin for a while now, and am finally brave enough to post on the forums.

I won't pretend to any great understanding of Bitcoin or how it works, but I think I'd like to be part of it - it's certainly dynamic!

Hello to all of you - I look forward to being a member here, and learning lots of new stuff Smiley

Ist.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here Smiley

MEPH

SavagerForce

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:02:37 PM

Same here, my maiden post on here Wink
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 08:54:07 PM

enjoy to forum and duuscuss about bitcoin right here . welcome Smiley
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:29:51 PM

hello Istaria and welcome to Bitcoin Talk , mostly newbies go for faucets to get their 1st bitcoins in their wallet , anyways enjoy your stay

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 10:44:41 PM

Hello bitcoiners Smiley

Ist.

Welcome to Bitcointalk forum, Istaria!

Feel free to ask all the newbie or stupid questions you have in this thread you've created or anywhere in Beginners and Help.

Once you feel you've gotten a grasp of Bitcoin and it's underlying technologies, you can move on to Bitcoin Discussion, Economics, Mining, etc...

Good luck!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:09:02 AM

Welcome to the Bitcointalk forum!

Make good use of existing content here.

resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:16:48 AM

Welcome on board, here are some basic facts you need to know about bitcoin :

- Bitcoin was created by an anonymous hacker named "Satoshi Nakamoto".
- Only 21 million coins will ever exist
- Bitcoins are created through a process called "mining".
- What is mining ? This is where computers perform calculations in order to secure the network and are rewarded for their efforts.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
NadineWilliams

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:29:57 AM

Any help appreciated.

Ist.

You can buy some coins through Bitstamp
Bitstamp support SEPA zone (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, etc)
https://www.bitstamp.net/account/deposit/bank/sepa/

Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 08:24:18 AM

You might also want to try out localbitcoins for getting bitcoins:

https://localbitcoins.com/
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:27:57 AM

Hello bitcoiners Smiley

Ist.

Welcome to the bitcoin world.  Be careful who you trust, secure your coins properly and things should go very nicely Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:43:32 AM

welcome, start to boost your activity/post count, and join a signature campaign, to start earn bitcoin

see the tech section for support regarding the client and how btc works
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:33:24 AM

There are good sig camp if you are full member or above
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: