Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAUTION: Ourbeks.com may be folding, wont allow withdrawals, wont answer emails  (Read 2097 times)
dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:04:56 PM

Hey folks,

Since Im always interested in new ventures in lending BTC I took a gamble with ourbeks.com. I wont get into the specifics here, all info is available on their website.

However, they originally allowed withdrawals at any time. So what I would do is make daily withdrawals (because I didnt trust them). Well, two weeks back I had a message pop up telling me "Only 3 withdraws per month allowed". Fine. But there was no warning that they were changing the policy. It was done in the middle of the night on a weekend.

So, did this mean that I would have to wait 30 days from my last withdrawal or would it reset with the next calendar month? I tried again today, 3/1, and I am still blocked.

They do not answer emails (4 sent now over two weeks). The only option is to keep trying.

Anyone looking to deposit BTC with them I would advise you to wait until I update this thread. Luckily, I did not send them anymore than I could afford to lose (1.02 BTC), and I think I just about broke even. All in all, if they never allow me to withdraw that deposit, along with interest earned recently, then its not like I bet the farm...and of course I never would anyway.

Just a heads up. And if this in the wrong section I hope the mods can relocate it.

Thanks everyone...so far, BTC Jam may be the only legit way to lend, get a return with interest, and not have to worry [as much] about losing your BTC

-DMS

jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:06:09 AM

Try the scam accusations board, pal!  Wink

dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:38:15 PM

Thanks pal. But I wasnt ready for an accusation yet. Since they paid out every day for months and months I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt...But now Im getting closer to accusing them of a scam.

AlleyCat67

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:20:04 PM

I can't even access the website anymore.... looks like they've up and vanished.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:27:43 PM

I can't even access the website anymore.... looks like they've up and vanished.

yup!
They gone i think...
Actually at the first (when it was started) i was invested some btc then i've withdrawl both my interest and my investment.. Wink
AlleyCat67

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:34:04 PM

I was going to log in to move what I had invested somewhere else.... so it came as a surprise to me, I was just on there a couple of days ago.
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:51:24 PM

Yep, they are gone!

The only good thing about that is that they cannot take anyone elses money.

I actually broke even, so Im not all that concerned.

What really pisses me off is that just like the original Ponzi scheme, the idea itself can actually make $$. But its the laziness of the fraudsters that leads them to scam. When I started crunching the numbers (early on), and created a fictional fund that traded on BTC price volatility, and different Forex currencies (which is what they claimed they were doing), it looked very possible to pay out at least 1% daily. They were advertising almost double that. So, I thought that either knew a lot more than I did about trading currencies and price volatility, or its a total scam.

The best scams are the ones that dont make huge promises; ones that have [apparently] legit fees and penalties for early withdrawals. All other BTC Ponzi schemes Ive seen made huge promises and not a single one penalized you for withdrawing early. Here, the penalties matched the payouts. So, it took you 6-7 days to earn enough to cover the withdrawal fee. It seemed to make sense. You leave the BTC with them for a week and you've broke even. Everything after that is earnings.

And heck, they even responded to all my questions in the beginning. Unlike the other scams that I ran into where usually didnt get a response to any inquiry.

The scammers are getting better. I wonder how much they got away with?!?

andyg51

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:25:46 AM

I was invested in Ourbeks as well, things seemed fishy the last time I wanted to do a withdraw,
said only 3 times a month, so I waited til the next month, then they said can only withdraw amounts
over $100.00. I tried to do a withdraw, no luck, shortly after that the server was down, no access.
 So now I presume, they have folded as mentioned. They got me for a little over 1.0 btc.  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: