Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Username Change Because of Rebranding  (Read 1579 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:40:52 PM

Did they donate anything? They seem to be the kind of company that might have the money to be able to donate a good amount but probably not 50 btc

No, had they donated they would have a Donator/VIP tag. As said before, Theymos will on occasion change people's usernames for them just because they asked nicely. This would be the exception, not the rule though, it probably helps if a member has been active in the community for a long while and has a legitimate reason for changing their name, rather than just they are in the mood for a change.
I was thinking they maybe donated something less then the 10 BTC required to get a donator tag, but still a 'good' amount (maybe 2-3 BTC) to the forum, sort of like a "hidden" donator status with different features then the current donator/vip features.
If you are reading this thinking you are going to get a username change, don't get your hopes up. Angora is a couple year old account, has been an active business, with lower than normal customer complaints (I say that as I haven't heard any, and that is uncommon for any Bitcoin business) and posted this thread in probably the best possible way. Username changes are dealt with the way they are, because Theymos doesn't have the time nor the will to change people's usernames for everyone that asks.
It is actually interesting because I have never actually heard of Angora before now (although the name does sound familiar, something similar to a name I heard when reading about various dark markets, although I doubt they are one and the same with what I am thinking about). I think it is actually kind of surprising that they have not had more scam accusations against them by scammers trying to effectively extort them out of money (just look at how many people try to do this to Prime Dice)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: