Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:58:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum 2.0 release  (Read 11355 times)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:48:27 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your help. It works when Trezor is plugged in.

Suggestion to improve Electrum: When choosing the Trezor hardware wallet option, open up a message that says to plug in the Trezor instead of letting Electrum crash, if Trezor is not plugged in.

Thank you!

Mine does not crash when Trezor not plugged in. Just goes into watch only mode. Shutting down is no problem. Plug in I had trouble with was Green Address Instant Confirmation so I disabled it.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:57:40 PM

Still no luck setting up amodem. Anyone tried it? What's the best frequency?

Hi unamis,

I recommend using the following commands to test and calibrate the modem:

At the sender side, run:
$ BITRATE=1 amodem-cli send -vv -c auto

At the receiver's side, run (after the sender is running):
$ BITRATE=1 amodem-cli recv -vv -c auto

The sender will play a 2kHz tone, at maximum amplitude.
The receiver will try to find the best gain, such that the received audio will have the maximal amplitude that won't saturate the microphone.
It uses binary search method to adjust the gain via PulseAudio command-line utility, and it will take ~15 seconds to find the correct value for your setup.
If everything is OK, you would get "good signal" message with the coherency measure very close to 1.

Please attach the log, if there is a problem.

Finally got a (working) soundcard for my Raspberry Pi, and I am trying to setup amodem as it should be. Tried to run these commands, but it just says it can't find amodem-cli... What's up?

And roman.z, you can count me in if you wish to beta test on Raspberry hardware. This is a really nifty tool for cold storage... So let's make it work in the best cold storage device there is!
saverio

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

Standalone Executable for Windows gives me the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

some problem with version 2.0.4
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:45:42 AM

OMG. Electrum 2.0 seems to be infested with bugs everywhere !  Mac, Windows, Linux. It doesn't matter.
I just tried to restore  a wallet using the Mac version and got this error:
"Python int too large to convert to C long."
Really?

BTCKaeufer

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:18:42 PM

Hi ThomasV,

Trezor has come out with a new firmware version, which mandates the PIN to be entered before the public addresses are loaded:

"After updating your firmware to 1.3.3 you’ll notice a slight change when working with myTrezor.com, Mycelium for Android, MultiBit HD or any other TREZOR compatible applications. From now on each time you plug in your device, you’ll be requested to enter your PIN before your account balances and transaction history load. This way, we aim to improve your privacy protection and make sure that no unauthorized person can get access to any sensitive data or view your bitcoin wealth if you leave your TREZOR unattended."

This is a very useful privacy feature. I tried it with Electrum and when Trezor is plugged in it works. However, if I don't plug-in Trezor and open the wallet file, the watch-only wallet is loaded and shows all my BTC without the entry of my PIN. I would prefer that the wallet addresses are only loaded once I have plugged-in the wallet and entered the PIN. Not plugging-in the Trezor thus circumvents this privacy feature.

My question is: Is there a possibility to switch off the watch-only mode and to saved this preference in the wallet file? If not, I would like to submit a development request to make this available as this is a very useful privacy feature.

Thank you!
BTCKaeufer

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:25:58 PM

Sorry, I have to correct myself: Even with the Trezor plugged in it shows the transaction history before entering the PIN. Would be great if this could be changed as well.
Bridgewater

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:23:48 AM

onealfa, HW-1 (and thus Ledger and BTCHIP) didn't make it into this release. You will have to build from source to get support for them.

Is there anything more to building from source than the steps listed on electrum.org/download?  I installed by following the steps below, and I've got btchip-python fully installed and verified communication with the HW-1... but the btchip plugin checkbox is still greyed out.  

Code:
Development version

Install the dependencies.
  sudo apt-get install python-pip python-qt4 pyqt4-dev-tools

Check out the code from Github
  git clone git://github.com/spesmilo/electrum.git

cd electrum
Compile the icons
  pyrcc4 icons.qrc -o gui/icons_rc.py

Compile protobuf description file
  protoc --proto_path=lib/ --python_out=lib/ lib/paymentrequest.proto

Create translations
  ./contrib/make_locale

Install Electrum
  sudo python setup.py install
Bridgewater

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:28:50 AM

Create new wallet (Hardware wallet type) --> BTChip HW wallet. 

This is where my problem is - Electrum 2.1 does not give me the option to select a "hardware wallet" type.  That's why I was wondering if maybe there was an alternative way to install electrum to make sure all possible options are available.

As far as btchip-python goes,
I'm pretty sure I got the cython-hidapi and pyusb installed alright, because the test commands within the btchip-python all seem to communicate with the HW.1 properly.

Thanks a lot for your help!
GoldenStone

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:08:42 PM

Can someone please help me? I have Electrum 2.0.4 on windows 8.1 and i can't seem to send any bitcoins, I keep on getting the '0' error message. I would really appreciate some help as of right now my bitcoins are stuck.
Bridgewater

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:46:29 AM

Create new wallet (Hardware wallet type) --> BTChip HW wallet. 

This is where my problem is - Electrum 2.1 does not give me the option to select a "hardware wallet" type.  That's why I was wondering if maybe there was an alternative way to install electrum to make sure all possible options are available.

As far as btchip-python goes,
I'm pretty sure I got the cython-hidapi and pyusb installed alright, because the test commands within the btchip-python all seem to communicate with the HW.1 properly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

People on this forum should always state which platform they are working from (Linux, Windows, OSX) when posting a question. 

If you are on Linux, install the dependencies first, and work yourself toward Electrum last.  Always "sudo python setup.py install" towards Electrum last.

If you don't have the option to select hardware wallet type, then one of your dependencies is not installed correctly.

Once ThomasV releases a self-inclosed version for 2.1 - you will be able to use the HW-1 with Electrum.  It is working correctly with the source code.

Sorry, I must have forgotten to mention I was installing on Linux.  I thought I installed all of the dependencies right for btchip-python, because the commands like testConnectivity.py all work, and GreenAddress is also able to communicate with it fine on the same installation, so I know my USB is set up correctly.

I will go ahead and start from scratch in the order you suggest.  Maybe that will fix it. If not, i'll just wait for the all-inclusive version.  Thanks again for your help and advice.
Wotan777

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:22:28 PM

Platform: Win 7
I am trying Electrum 2.1.1 with HW.1
After some minutes I get: "Exception: Timeout"
What should I check or do to make it work??!!!
Please help.

----
Side note:
In the same Win 7 environment,
Electrum  2.1.1 an HW.1 works perfectly under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in a VirtualBox environment.
I have btchip-c-api, btchip-python and electrum.
I can post the make script to anybody, who is interested.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:40:42 AM

Platform: Win 7
I am trying Electrum 2.1.1 with HW.1
After some minutes I get: "Exception: Timeout"
What should I check or do to make it work??!!!
Please help.

----
Side note:
In the same Win 7 environment,
Electrum  2.1.1 an HW.1 works perfectly under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in a VirtualBox environment.
I have btchip-c-api, btchip-python and electrum.
I can post the make script to anybody, who is interested.

In 2.0, HW.1 works fine for me. BTChip C API isn't needed for Electrum.

Wotan777

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:52:52 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 07:28:29 AM by Wotan777

@Muhammed: Fine. Did you install anything beside Electrum? Is it a Win7 system?

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 07:15:19 AM

@Muhammed: Fine. Did you install anything beside Electrum? Is it a Win7 system?

Didn't get your first question. I compiled myself and yes, it is Win7(Ultimate).

Wotan777

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:27:19 AM

@Muhammed: How did you compile it under Windows? Can you help me?
I have installed electrum-2.0-setup.exe under win7 professional.
When I start the program, and  the "Select your hardware wallet" screen is displayed, only Trezor wallet can be selected.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:01:24 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 11:56:12 AM by Muhammed Zakir

@Muhammed: How did you compile it under Windows? Can you help me?

I am away from my PC, so I can't tell which all dependencies are needed. If a dependency is not installed, it will show when compiling. Download it and install it manually.

Some of the dependencies for Electrum 2.0 are

• Python 2.7
 • Python setup tools(incl. pip)
 • PyQt
 • ecdsa
 • slowaes
 • BTChip-python API.

I can't recall all dependencies. Like I said, it will show "Import error: No module named abc" if you haven't installed "abc". When it does, search that module in internet, download and install it.

i have installed electrum-2.0-setup.exe under win7 professional.
When I start the program, and  the "Select your hardware wallet" screen is displayed, only Trezor wallet can be selected.

Haven't you installed BTChip-python?

P.S. If you have successfully compiled Electrum and want to auto-start it when windows open, follow this:

#1. Create a ".bat" file and put this code.
Code:
cd location-to-your-electrum-folder
python electrum
#2. Click the Start button, click All Programs, right-click the Startup folder and then click Open.
#3. Drag the .bat folder file to Startup folder you opened.

Wotan777

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:04:17 AM

@Muhammed: When you will be near your PC, please post me the necessary steps. THANKS!
I do not know how to install e.g. btchip-c-api or btchip-pythopn under windows. Under linux I can use
sudo apt-get install libusb, etc... what should I do under windows? Where are the necessary libraries?
What should I use to compile the sources? What is the compilation environment? mingw?

btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 11:38:34 AM

• Python 2.7

A short FYI— as of Python 2.7.9, setup tools/pip are (finally!) bundled w/Python (see PEP 477).
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 12:03:01 PM

@Muhammed: When you will be near your PC, please post me the necessary steps. THANKS!
I do not know how to install e.g. btchip-c-api or btchip-pythopn under windows. Under linux I can use
sudo apt-get install libusb, etc... what should I do under windows? Where are the necessary libraries?
What should I use to compile the sources? What is the compilation environment? mingw?

IIRC everything is in Python environment. You just need to change directory to the folder you need to install and run python setup.py install in most cases.

Read "README" in BTChip-python Github repo to see dependencies.

https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-python/blob/master/README.md

• Python 2.7

A short FYI— as of Python 2.7.9, setup tools/pip are (finally!) bundled w/Python (see PEP 477).

Thank you!

Wotan777

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

@Muhammed: "IIRC" - I asked you to post a build, not to "If I Remember Correctly"...
How do you set up btchip-python, cython, etc under Windows?
It is still a question. Please help!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: