Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who knows pirateat40 in real life?  (Read 5793 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 01:16:01 AM

Bernie Madoff was impeccably dressed at all times.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 06:44:45 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2012, 07:11:34 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Bernie Madoff was impeccably dressed at all times.  Smiley

I knew a busboy at an Albanian restaurant that was always sharply dressed. He worked 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, for 2 years straight, before leaving to go back to Mexico and start up a taxi service. Today at McD's, as a many past days, at a many different McD's, the manager was dressed as a slob, and she just got there to start her shift. When I used to manage Waffle Houses in Alabama, I didn't tolerate a single employee who wasn't wearing a properly cleaned and donned uniformed. Nor did I hire a single person who had metal sticking out of their face. Well, except for only this one chick, and it was only because I wanted to...

Another quick story from my Waffle House days.

It was a busy lunch hour, and I was cooking my ass off, when this Chinese guy, named Frank, cleanly dressed, asked for an application after asking, in barely understandable English, if we were hiring, whereupon I naturally replied in the affirmative. You know when at what point I hired him? Directly after he asked for an application. You know why? Besides needing a cook, and was fully aware that he probably had a cooking background in the states, it was because of the way he presented himself.

The next day, the district manager told me that I was crazy for hiring a guy that doesn't speak or write English. I looked the pirate in her eyes, after she stole my enthusiasm, and told her. "It's worse than you think. He doesn't understand it either." Here's the neat part, for those not familiar with Waffle House: There are no tickets for the cooks read like in a conventional restaurant, because the waitresses call in the orders using a form of verbal shorthand, and the cooks have to memorize the orders. Image cooking 30 meals at once--all different orders. Yes, it can be done. My personal record is 53. One cook I knew hit 72, which is more than the seating capacity of any Waffle House. How? Call in orders.

It's standard procedure for the cook to say 'repeat' when he/she wants to rehear the order. Frankie Boy had to do this 4-5 times before he got it, then he would bow to the waitresses, whereupon the waitresses started to bow back. It was a fuckin' funny sight to see and listen to the exchanges. It only took Frankie Boy less than two weeks to never have to ask a waitress to repeat an order again. Also, during his shift, he took it upon himself to clean the entire restaurant, a thing I also did from day one of my employment as a cook, hence one reason for getting the promotion(s). In less than two months, Frankie Boy was speaking English like a southern native, albeit broken. (come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't post this post  Embarrassed)

Less than 6 months later, Frankie Boy was given his own store to manage. To this day, I don't believe Frank was his real name.  Grin

Here's hopin' you enjoyed the read.

~Bruno~

PS: I knew a deaf guy in Biloxi that got-employee-of-the-year at the Beau Rivage. Another sharply dressed guy. His only job was to clean the men's room. Every time I enter the men's room there, and he was working, I would tip him five bucks. I used to envision him standing inside each urinal scrubbing around the edges--the inside edges we can't see, let alone care about, yet believe he did. That's how that guy worked. The men's rooms were always spotless during his shift. I heard he cried when presented with the award, for he didn't have a clue that he was up for it. He was just doing his job that he was hired to do. That was all.
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:19:24 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2012, 04:43:03 PM by 556j

LOL @ dresscode = $$ , this mentality went out of the window decades ago ever since more 20something turned to millionaires than the ancient vanguards who used to turn millionaires at 50+

The door to door beggers and nigerian scammers all wear full suits, I bet you would invest in their businesses eagerly. Wink

It's nothing to do with what they are wearing but the fit and style. Hair cut as well. No self respecting man is going to wear a baseball cap inside either. You can easily tell how much a person makes by those few things. These are simple things you learn from your peers once you start netting 80k+ a year. A t-shirt and jeans that is well fitted without gaudy branding is better than a regular cut suit that's too big. Find me someone that makes 1.2 mil+ a year that doesn't know the very basics of dressing themselves please. Heck I make 10% of that and work almost entirely online. But if I were caught dressed like that in public I would lose respect from the vast majority of my peers. Some times there are eccentrics (mainly artist type) that dress "weird" but it's usually consider fashion forward not sloppy like pirate there. It comes naturally just by the company you start to keep in that income bracket.

Also the Madoff/Nigerian scammer thing helps prove my point. He/they were actually meeting investors and giving the illusion of doing business. How many depositors would he have found if he dressed like pirate there? Since dresscode doesn't matter it would be the same right?

Pirate doesn't need to dress nice because all his depositors are online and he never actually meets anyone to make sales or conduct any sort of business.

I'm not saying dressed nicely = legit. What a silly assumption to make based off what I said. Dressing badly indicates he doesn't really hang out or do business with anyone that makes any significant income or he'd know better.

I mean they were in Vegas and that's the best he could do? Not like it was snapped at some cafe on laundry day.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:08:05 PM

But if I were caught dressed like that in public I would lose respect from the vast majority of my peers.

Please find less retarded peers, people that actually think for themselves instead of blindly following societal rules in judging other people. I'm not a big fan of conformists as you can probably tell Smiley
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:12:12 PM

I had the same attitude when I was younger then I got a decent job. It's just how the world works. The first thing people see when they meet you is how you're dressed and how you present yourself. First impressions mean a lot. You can have fun in your non-conformist society under the bridge and I'll happily bleat my way to the bank.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:14:31 PM

How do you asshats let a thread about the identity of pirateat40 devolve into an inane discussion about status/hacker/slacker fashion.  Take your small dicks and post over at Women Wear Daily for crying out loud.
As a matter of fact why don't you just post this shit on one of the train wreck bitconica threads  and maybe Phinn can use his google fu to sort it out  for you.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:14:35 PM

I had the same attitude when I was younger then I got a decent job. It's just how the world works. The first thing people see when they meet you is how you're dressed. And first impressions mean a lot. You can have fun in your non-conformist society under the bridge and I'll happily bleat my way to the bank.

This does not mean I don't dress well when it is beneficial. It just means I do not judge people based on that (or at least try not to, some people just look disgusting). That is the difference. I'm not saying you should fight the entire world cause you will lose.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:27:23 PM

I have a thought Smiley

Dread Pirate Roberts is SR's admin dude...

Pirateat40 is the same guy Smiley  SR brings in tons of profit, enough to pay the interest he's offering..... Smiley

I had the exact same idea. It would explain the odd correlation of this address to both entities (pointed out by taint analysis):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.100

Also the fact, that pirate claimed on IRC to have moved the market on the 17th of July "for the first time" in which 70k BTC were sold, just before that (some minutes/hours before) 70k were withdrawn from that address, for the first time.

Now the similar names of both heads of the operation.

Things add up, he can now effectively mix bitcoins used for buying drugs with those invested into his BS&T or his Gigamining operation.

--> I have to post this in some dedicated thread, sorry to pollute yours ripper234!

If he is not the one running SR he could simply be running its mixer.
From the estimates we have of the size of SR he'd have to be taking a >40% cut of every deal just to pay BS&T's interest.
So he may be the same guy, but SR couldn't pay for BTCST to pay out the interest it does.
AndrewBUD

Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 05:43:55 PM

How do you figure? You have no idea what kind of profits SR is bringing in.... 10% of all tx's under a few hundred....  Has to be a rather large chunk of money... Remember all vendors pay a 30BTC vendors fee..

SR buyers also get charged for cancelled orders if their purchase was "Hedged" Lots of little fees

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:49:13 PM

my old  landlord took his retirement early  and bought up all the deserted buildings   he could in the late  80s for peanuts

he renovated them all into condos and then the E.U  property boom kicked in and prices of real estate skyrocketed

3-4 story townhouses he converted into 6-12 unit condo buildings ,he made convenience stores and coffee shops below many of his buildings

in the next 17 years he ended up owning half the city centre

even then he still wore old clothes ,drove an old shitty car and could be seen dumping garbage and painting walls himself even when he was about 65 and a millionaire god knows how many times over .....

its actually the pretentious people who are showing off  the illusion of wealth that i find are more pre-occupied by dress than the people who actually have $hitloads of wealth and dont need to prove it to anybody
finkleshnorts

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:57:19 PM

Hilarious thread.

No. 7 at the table is reeses, I believe.

Also, in texas, you can wear hats inside.
Shadow383

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:07:34 PM

How do you figure? You have no idea what kind of profits SR is bringing in.... 10% of all tx's under a few hundred....  Has to be a rather large chunk of money... Remember all vendors pay a 30BTC vendors fee..

SR buyers also get charged for cancelled orders if their purchase was "Hedged" Lots of little fees

There's a thread here somewhere - some agency or other analysed the silk road and worked out total trade was about $1.9 million per month and total fees for the operators were about $130,000 per month.

Pirate's interest payments however amount to about $1.2 million this month.

However, looking at BitcoinMax as a sample, new investment exceeded interest payments by a fair chunk in July.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 08:14:10 PM

and you believe that? They have no idea of knowing and each day would be different. Those numbers were probably pulled by the number of forum users or someshit.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 02:59:19 AM

Thanks to all of you that came and sorry I couldn't spend more time with everyone.  I know a few of you were there and didn't get a chance to meet you.

Here is everyone that showed up.

We will do it again!!!

I -think- I recognize Pirate, Goat, OneFixt, and Gigavps in there, but the rest are just guesses.
I got pirate, giga, goat, copumpkin, burtw, and I think reeses.

Is it me or is it just white guys and one asian chick in this picture?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 04:08:36 AM

Remind you of most of your high school parties?

10:1 sausage ratio ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 05:59:28 AM

Sexist racist Wink
Shadow383

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 02:39:01 PM

and you believe that? They have no idea of knowing and each day would be different. Those numbers were probably pulled by the number of forum users or someshit.
I've not had time to read it myself (it's in "bitcoin discussion") but I think they came to those conclusions based on SR's feedback system.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 05:08:50 PM

Sexist racist Wink

myfreecams.com meetup  Grin
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 05:41:47 PM

www.cam4btc.com ! Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 05:53:25 PM

Wouldn't it be so funny if both sites were related via Kevin Day?

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: