Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin Through Paypal  (Read 1757 times)
aljunking (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:26:06 PM

If anyone ask, Is it possible for us to buy bitcoin using our paypal account?

What will be your answer?

Is it advisable for newbies to buy through paypal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:29:35 PM

If it is possible to buy bitcoin with PayPal? Absolutely!

Is it advisable? No. Not really. Due to chargeback function of PayPal and lack of this functionality in case of Bitcoin it is difficult.

Of course if you are legit, and your partner is honest there is no problem. But you need to secure transaction with collateral or escrows.
aljunking (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:32:00 PM

Is it advisable? No. Not really. Due to chargeback function of PayPal and lack of this functionality in case of Bitcoin it is difficult.

Of course if you are legit, and your partner is honest there is no problem. But you need to secure transaction with collateral or escrows.

Have you tried buying bitcoin through paypal?

Any knowledge about it?

Share it please. Smiley

Newbies like me tend to turn to paypal so that we could buy bitcoin.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:37:33 PM

Any knowledge about it?

Share it please. Smiley

Why not go to exchange to buy it? It is more secure and easy. You just register an account there and deposit some cash!
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:44:03 PM

You can use the good ol Virwox method:
Buy SLL (second life lindell dollars) with paypal, -> buy BTC, withdraw said BTC to your wallet.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:31:03 PM

Never accept paypal for bitcoin.

Not from your parents, wife, dog or imaginary friend.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 04:47:26 PM by Beliathon

QFT. Ethically speaking you shouldn't accept any fiat for bitcoin. Why further legitimize bloodmoney?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:31:24 PM

Well the OP is buying bitcoin for paypal.  There is no real risk to him.
dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

You can use the good ol Virwox method:
Buy SLL (second life lindell dollars) with paypal, -> buy BTC, withdraw said BTC to your wallet.

Virwox and the normal Paypal are never worth it . You will be paying a hefty fees buying with paypal .

micheline

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:45:47 PM

If anyone ask, Is it possible for us to buy bitcoin using our paypal account?

What will be your answer?

Is it advisable for newbies to buy through paypal?

Whether newbie or not - it's never advisable to buy anything through paypal if there are alternatives and it's even less advisable to buy Bitcoin through paypal.

Either use the ordinary exchanges or buy with cash in person. This way you will only risk the cash at hand and will not provoke arbitrary seizure of all your funds in your paypal account.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:50:07 PM

Paypal isn't a method of payment secure, there are a lot of chargeback every day. I don't suggest PP for buy bitcoin , better cash.
dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:50:45 PM

If you are certain you want to go with paypal, then would second localbitcoin as well, as long as you use a trusted seller you should be fine. But expect to pay a high fees already

krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:55:04 PM

It's not wise to do it anyway. You can easy stay without Bitcoins but also without funds from your PayPal, as some sellers scamming people.
Maybe where it is trusted to do, on some already known trading spot. I did not tested it yet and to be honest I would not give a shot.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:24:17 PM

It's not wise to do it anyway. You can easy stay without Bitcoins but also without funds from your PayPal, as some sellers scamming people.
Maybe where it is trusted to do, on some already known trading spot. I did not tested it yet and to be honest I would not give a shot.
You know how working LocalBitcoins?

LeoN147

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:35:54 PM

Its totally possible, the problem is, How do you plan to trade it ?
Personally, It doesnt matter for me as long I take screenshots/proofs during the operation and if they chargeback, I simply place all the proofs and let paypal judge. (They wont give it back to him if your proofs are valid)
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:49:46 PM

Any knowledge about it?

Share it please. Smiley

Why not go to exchange to buy it? It is more secure and easy. You just register an account there and deposit some cash!

Yeah exchange should be the best way to buy a BTC most of them charge around 1% which is acceptable amount.. n is safe.. U can have a lots of options of ppl to buy BTC from.
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:01:34 AM

Its totally possible, the problem is, How do you plan to trade it ?
Personally, It doesnt matter for me as long I take screenshots/proofs during the operation and if they chargeback, I simply place all the proofs and let paypal judge. (They wont give it back to him if your proofs are valid)
I don't think paypal settles disputes for digital goods. And they have always been anti-bitcoin, so I am guessing it would be worse with it.

Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:32:43 AM

Forget about paypal, they hate bitcoin since it will damaging their business if bitcoin grow.
And with dispute and chargeback everyday, it's not good for bitcoin because there is no reversal transaction in bitcoin
John0811

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:15:31 AM

Here you can buy : https://www.virwox.com/index.php    Wink

Criterion

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:44:05 AM

You should be fine as long as you use a trusted seller on localbitcoins. Well if you don't mind overpaying by 10%  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: