Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scam okpay.com - perfect ewallet for masochists  (Read 3048 times)
peterricken (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:43:09 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 05:46:22 PM by peterricken

I am sorry if I didn't post in the right category and please move it accordingly if so.

Ok... I don't know if their customer support sucks or they're a scam. Here goes my story:

I've been a customer of theirs for about 2 years and had no issues, depositing and withdrawing. I don't recall the exact amount but maybe it was like 30.000 eur in total.
I had 4500 USD in my account and tried to exchange it with a verified exchanger of theirs. Then things start to get interesting. Funds are locked.
To clarify a few things before going further: source of funds is another verified exchanger of theirs that I have used since the start of m account
I get an email from them stating that I need to get verified. I say ok. They want an additional document or a photo me with holding the ID in one hand and in the other the paper iwth my okpay account ( like a convict ).
I give them the national health card that is an ID in Europe. They didn't like it ( without any reason ) stated and asked for a photo with my ID in hand, after they said it's an alternative to the additional ID. Well I insisted and said no it's not normal, but after giving them another document ( drive license ) they were not happy stating that it's fake. I asked them what they consider the next step. They said it's the picture with ID in hand.
I did that in the end and they said it's not good either. Ok, I asked them again what is the next step and the said notarized documents. I asked them if that is all? They said this is the step for now with no other mentions.
Presuming that the will pull another trick on me and ask for something extra I had them apostiled also, because I thought this is what they're going to ask next to complicate things even more. I apostiled and notarized the documents and now after receiving the documents, knowing they can't state these documents are fake because the can check the apostile number and I can complain against it they say it's not done in the right country.
I can presume that it's caused by the okpay customer support miscommunication and it makes me think this because it took them 3 or 4 days to verify the documents and now after all this time they realize it's not done in the right country.
It's either miscommunication in their departments with bad intention or clear intention of scamming customers. Furthermore when I asked them the company details to file an official complaint I got no answer. They asked me to send the documents in Cyprus, they operate from an UK company and I read on some other site the're registered in British Virgin Islands? Or maybe they're just located in Russia?
Besides the money in my account I lost a lot of time and nerves and the fees of about 150 eur for notarization, apostilation and courier fees.

Please excuse not very precise dates and amounts because I can't access my okpay.com account to see the figures and the chat with the customer support.

Until now I can say okpay.com is a scam and has my funds locked for almost 1.5 months already and if you are a masochist you can try this company it will bring unknown pleasures...
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:45:24 PM

You should post in the scam accusations section.
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:49:30 PM

Sorry, how can I move it?
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:17:21 PM

Go to bottom, there should be something like 'move this topic' or etc etc in the left side......
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:34:30 PM

thanks it's moved.
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:28:26 PM

http://www.mayzusfs.com/

Mayzus Financial Services, which also owns MoneyPolo is incorporated in the UK.
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:44:42 PM

Mayzus ignores actual questions and instructs to contact okpay.com directly.
I can't say about mayzus but about okpay I can say this, they're changing rules immediately after complying with their requests. Now I feel kind of silly when I think back: storing money with a company that hasn't posted any real address on their site and sending apostiled documents to Cyprus although they claim to be from BVI or UK or Russia... or maybe they're really from Cyprus?
I guess there are 3 ways it can be solved:

1) some of their supperior customer support looks over the tickets and sees I have provided not only notarized but also apostilled document and it's been rejected for not a real reason that hasn't even been mentioned in the beginning - not being done in a country of their choice.
2) I get their actual company details so I can file complaints against them to be able to get a court order to release my money. In that case I should also get compensation for all I've been put through
3) some misterious way, probably magic or voodoo.

peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:29:18 PM

Don't worry there's more. They don't even stick to their own terms and conditions.
They share your information with 3rd parties, contrary to what they say.
I was told that the documents are shared with the bank and it was the one that didn't approve but how can that be possible?
I never sent a wire, received a wire and had no relationship with any bank.
This sounds to me that the bank is a third party to me and it's against what they say:

"Unless ordered by a ruling body of competent jurisdiction acceptable to Issuer, Issuer shall not reveal User’s contact or identifying information or transaction history to any third party." - so in my case the bank is a third party.

A second update is that they now added one more country on the approved apostile and notarization list. Does this mean their terms and conditions are negotiable? At first there was no specific request, then only UK, now UK and Germany. Maybe more countries will be added soon?
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:37:02 AM

Another proof of why not accepting my apostile because it's not issued in a certain country is illegal.
Please refer to the http://www.hcch.net/upload/abc12e.pdf - Question 13 and you'll see it's not a legal reason of denying an apostile the fact that it's not issued in a certain country.
This information is from an official site, the authority that handles apostiles worldwide.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:50:27 AM

Another proof of why not accepting my apostile because it's not issued in a certain country is illegal.
Please refer to the http://www.hcch.net/upload/abc12e.pdf - Question 13 and you'll see it's not a legal reason of denying an apostile the fact that it's not issued in a certain country.
This information is from an official site, the authority that handles apostiles worldwide.

Contact Maysus. Maysus is a license payment processor. I guess they are related somehow with OKPAY but this thing it doesn't matter.

Why should you contact Maysus? Because OKPAY is registered in BVI(according to their website) and they are not regulated by anybody.Okpay is a normal company(not licensed). It will be very hard for you to get a court order in BVI and even so...there are almost zero changes to know their bank account.

Also, all the OKPAY funds are with Maysus. They are their "banker"(if I can say so). Maysus is their payment processor so try to approch Maysus again. Call them.

Explain them the situation. If you cannot find understanding, then go ahead with the BVI court order.
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:21:38 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 12:41:41 PM by peterricken

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried to contact them, I want to have everything in writing so I can paste it in forum and prove what I am saying this is why it's important to get replies in text form.

Sent to info@mayzusfs.com on Mar 2, 2015, 5:55 PM

I've sent it and got no answer from that company. Should I consider that Mayzus Financial Services Ltd is also involved in the scam?

This is my email:

Hello,

I would like information about a company with which you work and provide financial
services on their behalf. The company is okpay.com. I want to file an official complaint
against them and if needed against you as well, depending on the information you advise
below.

1) Are you also responsible for locking funds or it's only okpay.com deciding this ?
2) Can you provide me their official company details so I know in which country I file a
complaint against them? In their site is not mentioned any jurisdiction or actual contact
details. I have only found your company details and I consider filling a complaint against
it if I can't get access to theirs.
3) This company has all my documents and my money and their last request was notarized
documents. I asked them if that's enough and they said it's the current verification step.
I sent them apostiled documents because I thought the are going to ask this after the get
the notarized ones and now they are asking for another set of apostiled documents from
another country? They always change the rules of verification along the way.
Is there anything you can do help me recover the money based on the fact you are their
financial service provider or I have to solve this on my own?

I"VE SENT ONE MORE EMAIL TO THEM A FEW MOMENTS AGO SO I HAVE 2 OPEN TICKETS WITH THEM. HOPEFULLY I'LL GET AN ANSWER SOON.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:36:36 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried to contact them, I want to have everything in writing so I can paste it in forum and prove what I am saying this is why it's important to get replies in text form.

Sent to info@mayzusfs.com on Mar 2, 2015, 5:55 PM

I've sent it and got no answer from that company. Should I consider that Mayzus Financial Services Ltd is also involved in the scam?

This is my email:

Hello,

I would like information about a company with which you work and provide financial
services on their behalf. The company is okpay.com. I want to file an official complaint
against them and if needed against you as well, depending on the information you advise
below.

1) Are you also responsible for locking funds or it's only okpay.com deciding this ?
2) Can you provide me their official company details so I know in which country I file a
complaint against them? In their site is not mentioned any jurisdiction or actual contact
details. I have only found your company details and I consider filling a complaint against
it if I can't get access to theirs.
3) This company has all my documents and my money and their last request was notarized
documents. I asked them if that's enough and they said it's the current verification step.
I sent them apostiled documents because I thought the are going to ask this after the get
the notarized ones and now they are asking for another set of apostiled documents from
another country? They always change the rules of verification along the way.
Is there anything you can do help me recover the money based on the fact you are their
financial service provider or I have to solve this on my own?

I"VE SENT ONE MORE EMAIL TO THEM A FEW MOMENTS AGO SO I HAVE 2 OPEN TICKETS WITH THEM. HOPEFULLY I'LL GET AN ANSWER SOON.

You won't ever solve your issue on forums. The forums are full of gossips, lies, interests and kids.

I would make a friendly call to Maysus if  I were in your place.

Also, even I consider Maysus as being a shitty company(not scam but shitty), you cannot make any official complaint against them.
Reason: you have not sent any funds to Maysus so they are not responsible for that. Yes, they are processing funds for OkPay but that's all.

That's why I am saying you should call Maysus and talk with them friendly. They are the only ones who can give you a hand now...

peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:33:08 PM

Hello,

I appreciate again your advice in this matter, you provided a logical way to pursue. Forums are not a solution for solving an issue like this, but for sharing an experience and this is the only reason I want to have it in writing so I can resume the esential proving mayzus stepped in. In the forum a brief outcome must be posted, so it's being seen that mayzus intervened and assisted me with the matter, should this happen. It would solve a few aspects: prove that despite okpay offshore legal structure consumers still have a way for recourse in mayzus that is a regulated company willing to intervene. Let's consider Mayzus a kind of Ombudsman in the entire okpay relation, because as you mentioned the funds are handled by them.
I have no intention in creating a bad reputation to anyone, not even okpay and if things are getting solved I am willing to admit that and share with the same passion the positive outcome. For the moment I have no reason to believe in the bad intentions of mayzus since as you said it's regulated and can intervene in this situation to solve it by releasing my funds.
Also this would add a benefit for okpay since it would prove that despite legal structure funds stay in a safe and regulated place and customers can have access to it through mayzus should the need arise, like in my case.
For now I remain patient and await mayzus resolution on the matter, probably the ticket answering delays are as you said for checking with okpay the entire situation before providing an official answer.
I will keep everyone posted on the outcome and again many thanks for providing a path to follow and thumbs up to you and mayzus if my situation gets solved.

peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:54:39 PM

For the moment the only answer received is the one from okpay, confirming one more time that they don't want to respect the Hague Convetion regulations on apostiles.
I still await the answer from Mayzus, probably they'll fix it. We'll see.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

For the moment the only answer received is the one from okpay, confirming one more time that they don't want to respect the Hague Convetion regulations on apostiles.

they said that " it's not done in the right country"...didn't you apostile in your country ?
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:21:12 PM

they said that " it's not done in the right country"...didn't you apostile in your country ?

1)There was not a requirement of a specific country stated by okpay.com. 2 times I asked before doing what they asked.
2)The right country is any country that takes part in the Hague Convention. It is not mentioned otherwise into the Convention nor was mentioned by okpay at the moment of complying with their request.
3)Another confirmation into this direction is the fact that after receiving the documents they stated one country was only good then another country also proved to be ok.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:57:38 PM

1)There was not a requirement of a specific country stated by okpay.com. 2 times I asked before doing what they asked.
2)The right country is any country that takes part in the Hague Convention. It is not mentioned otherwise into the Convention nor was mentioned by okpay at the moment of complying with their request.
3)Another confirmation into this direction is the fact that after receiving the documents they stated one country was only good then another country also proved to be ok.

Why don't you ask Okpay about what they really want from you? Try one more time (use few words; maybe they don't understand English well) Smiley
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:43:10 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 07:55:57 AM by peterricken

Why don't you ask Okpay about what they really want from you? Try one more time (use few words; maybe they don't understand English well) Smiley

Like you mentioned and it's been proven by past messages the only real chance is with Mayzus to step in and bring credibility to okpay users, knowing that although they deal with an unregulated company-okpay, as you have also said , funds and regulations are enforced by Mayzus that is's acting as a guarantoor.
Well we'll see on Mayzus answer on the situation.
bit79

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:31:15 PM

I am a little but surprised/confused when I read this. Your first message - "the national health card that is an ID in Europe". I am in Europe, and I don't know what a national health card is? But I do have an ID card - and it is not called a national health card. I used OKPay a lot before and I did not have many issues with them. (some payments that were delayed and some orders that failed - but that was always resolved to my entire satisfaction)

I would advise you to check with a lawyer and/or to file a complaint at your local police station. From my experience, they start being quite knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies and internet scams, and of good advice.

I wish you good luck recovering your funds!
peterricken (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:20:53 AM

I am a little but surprised/confused when I read this. Your first message - "the national health card that is an ID in Europe". I am in Europe, and I don't know what a national health card is? But I do have an ID card - and it is not called a national health card. I used OKPay a lot before and I did not have many issues with them. (some payments that were delayed and some orders that failed - but that was always resolved to my entire satisfaction)

I would advise you to check with a lawyer and/or to file a complaint at your local police station. From my experience, they start being quite knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies and internet scams, and of good advice.

I wish you good luck recovering your funds!

Thank you for your advice, I think I have not explained well what documents were sent, sorry.
I sent: passport, utility bill, health card ( it's called gesundheitskarte or european health insurance card ), another official ID ( national ID card or drivers license, not sure which was sent because it's been some time already and I can't access my okpay account to confirm) photo with ID and OKpay account in hand, notarized and apostiled copies of passport and utility bill. Funds were received from a verified okpay exchanger and were going to be sent to another verified okpay exchanger.
I had worked with these exchangers for long time and okpay can see it in my history also. There was no issue created by me in my entire okpay client history.
The problems started when Money were left for 2 months in my account before trying to send it. This type of action is typical to selective scammers.
As mayax also advised it's best to wait for mayzus answer on the situation, probably they can clarfiy it. It is kind of scarry now, knowing that my money are with an unlicensed firm and if Mayzus would not intervene would make it scarier for members trusting the funds with a company that can go away so fast and almost no chances of recovering money. If Mayzus steps in it would prove there is still hope and trust in okpay, since when okpay changes their own terms and conditions and ignores International Regulations, you know there is a place that can understand your situation and fix it.
I think that my situation puts to test okpays' credibility in front of their customers.
All I can do for now is wait for mayzus to answer.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: