Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations new foundation board members  (Read 1203 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:17:05 PM

Welcome and congratulations to Jim Harper and Olivier Janssens! I think both are fine additions as individual members. I also really liked the new election system. It was very transparent and fair. I think Brian Gross gets a lot of credit for that. And Michale Toomim for his awesome consider.it software.

Thanks also to the other candidates. It was a harder decision this time because of the glut of qualified candidates. Not a bad problem to have!   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 04:19:44 PM

Welcome and congratulations to Jim Harper and Olivier Janssens! I think both are fine additions as individual members. I also really liked the new election system. It was very transparent and fair. I think Brian Gross gets a lot of credit for that. And Michale Toomim for his awesome consider.it software.

Thanks also to the other candidates. It was a harder decision this time because of the glut of qualified candidates. Not a bad problem to have!   
I have my doubts as usual. Anyhow, congratulations to both of you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:33:44 PM

What is the status of Cody Wilson ? I think, he ran for the election ?

RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:57:18 PM

What is the status of Cody Wilson ? I think, he ran for the election ?

He was eliminated in the first round. He did get a respectable 21% approval. Here is a link to the first round results:

https://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/election-runoff/

And here is a link to the consider.it tool that was used to compare candidates and gauge voter sentiment: https://bitcoin.consider.it/

The Bad Guy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:58:57 PM

Congratulations for both of you guys Grin
I never understood how Bitcoin Foundation works to be honest or why people pay to become members there etc ... beside Electrions for what exactly I can seem to get it .

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 05:14:43 PM

Congratz for both of you guys Smiley
i already heard some podcast which interview about bitcoin foundation candidates, and yeah i choose Oliver Grin

~iki
MiningAtlas

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:15:41 PM

Congrats to the new members of TBF!
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:17:38 PM

I never understood how Bitcoin Foundation works to be honest or why people pay to become members there etc ... beside Electrions for what exactly I can seem to get it .

Yeah It doesnt seem to be for anything special
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:41:00 PM

They do several things such as pay the people who develop bitcoin core, help maintain factual resources such as: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation There are also commities working on projects related to education, legal advocacy, etc... You can see more about that here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?

The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:24:44 PM

They do several things such as pay the people who develop bitcoin core, help maintain factual resources such as: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation There are also commities working on projects related to education, legal advocacy, etc... You can see more about that here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?

Yeah , I heard that the developpers of the Bitcoin COre gets like 100k $ a year , is that true ? and all those payments are from the Donations of the members ?? sounds interessting .

RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:33:31 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 06:25:37 PM by RodeoX

Yeah , I heard that the developpers of the Bitcoin COre gets like 100k $ a year , is that true ? and all those payments are from the Donations of the members ?? sounds interessting .

Hmm. I'm not sure what the developers are paid?  That is a lot of money, however Gavin is a MIT computer scientist.  I'll try to find out, and I know they are paid in Bitcoin.

mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:33:32 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 01:30:12 PM by mlferro

Congratulations to the new members

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:03:09 AM

Hmm. I'm not sure what the developers are paid?  That is a lot of money, however Gavin is a MIT computer scientist.  I'll try to find out, and I know they are paid in Bitcoin.

I believe Gavin was paid $160K under the auspices that he needed the money in spite of giving an interview that his stash of bitcoins could afford him and his wife to retire.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:39:53 AM

Congrats indeed to the new foundation members. May they drive strategy more cohesively and effectively than has recently been the case....

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:51:29 AM

I want to congratulate the winners and hope that they are the right persons to push the BTC foundation's agenda into the major fold. I think we all should be thoroughly enthused for this outcome.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:52:56 AM

I personally would not welcome anyone into the bitcoin foundation. I would also say it is not exactly something to 'congratulate' someone about in getting elected to the board of TBF
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:55:06 AM

congratulations to the winners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: