Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAABL] The original Bitcoin lottery is back...  (Read 3887 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:11:42 PM

Almost 0.37 BTC up for grabs at TAABL!

Just placed my bet. Only waiting for it to be included now. Don't need to do anything else right? Wish me luck. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:25:29 PM

Just placed my bet. Only waiting for it to be included now. Don't need to do anything else right? Wish me luck. Smiley

All you need to do is click refresh every once in a while Smiley We don't have auto updates to the pages (yet) and you will not receive a feedback transaction if you lose, since you placed less than the minimum bets for feedback on that particular game (4).

Also, if you lose, don't be discouraged as we'll keep betting all proceeds from this initial seeding we did until someone else takes the cake!

EDIT: And, of course, good luck!
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:37:29 AM

Starting to catch on.

I missed the last round, but I see the second tx as well as the post above, so I know there were two players. Was thinking maybe the new player comes in and wins the pot on his first bet, but by looking at the details I see how much was bet and what numbers were assigned to each bet. On the completed game I see a box around the number that won. Therefore I know that the new player made a .005 bet and got one number, and the other, much larger bet, won the pot.

Got the 5502 satoshi. Nice touch. Heard the coins sound and got a little rush for a second, but not the jackpot. It's a little like roulette, where there's that moment between when the ball drops and when you see what number hits. I was at the office and couldn't make another bet right then, but just realized it's the same address each round, so now I've made an address book entry for TAABL.

Takes a while to get it, but when you do it's actually really cool, and the fact that it's all automated is impressive.

I'm first one in on the next round.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:17:54 AM

It is true, I won once more. Bets on the way, good luck!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:40:26 AM

"Amazing" is an understatement.

.2 this time.

This is becoming a healthy pot. If someone puts a little BTC and gets lucky it would be a nice payday for them.

TT
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:44:56 AM

I'm thinking about jumping in on this. You never know when your luck will change for the better Tongue
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:12:25 PM

This is starting to get interesting, that much is granted...

We should, however, probably move to the Pick 3 or even Pick 4, since I'm placing over 30% of the bet space for the Pick 2 with the accumulated seed and that'll likely match as soon as someone places a second bet (or in this case I'm the second bet).

With a Pick 3 there is a total bet space of 4096, and the 0.445 that I'm placing as bet will represent a little over 10% of the possible bets, slightly better. On top of that bets are cheaper.

A Pick 4 has a total bet space of 65536, so 0.445 will represent less than 1% AND there are 100 bets I already placed there previously (as a personal bet, no reseeds if I win from those Smiley ).

Since Tsquared is responsible for almost all the extra seed I'm betting back I'll delegate to him to decide if we should move to another game (assuming I win again, otherwise it's moot).

EDIT:
Nope, I had forgotten I already won the Pick 4 and reseeded with 10 bets. Ok, if we move to either Pick 3 or Pick 4 and that won't raise objections I'll add 100 personal bets on either, but if I win I'll keep the profits Smiley Full disclosure on the seed transactions so everyone always knows if the house wins.
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:21:40 PM

I'm thinking about jumping in on this. You never know when your luck will change for the better Tongue

you should try some games where its easier to win then because in lotteries its really hard

Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:40:46 PM

Yep, we should move to the Pick 4. Been hoping to win one of the Pick 2 rounds so I'm not putting in all fresh money. Let's let this last Pick 2 finish then move to Pick 4. We'll get a nice pot going on that one and maybe entice some new players. It'll take longer for a number to hit, but shortly the seed bets on the Pick 2 will cover all the picks so we can't continue on that game anyway.

With 50% of the picks covered, this Pick 2 round should be over shortly.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:43:39 PM

you should try some games where its easier to win then because in lotteries its really hard

Well, they say we should respect everyone's opinion... But I'm curious, why do you say this lottery is really hard to win? Are you basing that on math (where any bet on the Pick 2 has 1 in 256 chances of winning) or just saying what you heard others say without really paying attention?

Lotteries are incredibly hard to win... state lotteries, that is. The odds are just crazy small, and the only reason prizes are anything to look at is because lots and lots of people bet on them. Of course, the only reason people bet on them is because the prizes are huge... full circle Smiley

But not our lottery, the odds are fair and the prizes are relatively low, but that shouldn't make it lose interest, it is a fun way to gamble.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

Pick 2 ended with me winning again, I have sent the resulting 0.638 to the Pick 4.

I'll wait for others to bet before I do any personal betting of my own, to avoid winning before people had a fair chance of placing their bets.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:22:22 PM

Pick 2 ended with me winning again, I have sent the resulting 0.638 to the Pick 4.

I'll wait for others to bet before I do any personal betting of my own, to avoid winning before people had a fair chance of placing their bets.

I know the odds are in your favor with the higher bets, but geeze!!! After so many rounds, I'm convinced that you're pretty lucky also.

Once my 0.2 BTC bet clears, the pot on the Pick 4 will be over 0.8 BTC. That's not chump change!! One bet of .001 BTC could win it, and the winnings are about the same as 6 months pay for a sig campaign. Time for some other player to jump in and get the pot over 1 BTC.

So how about some simplified rules:

1 - Choose your game.
2 - Send BTC to the address listed.
3 - If the minimum bet is .01 and you send .05, this will count for 5 bets.
4 - BE CERTAIN TO SEND FROM YOUR WALLET, NOT AN ONLINE SERVICE OR EXCHANGE.
5 - You have a chance to win every time a new Bitcoin block is found. If no winner based on the block then the pot rolls over to the next block.
6 - Winnings are automatically sent to your wallet if your number hits. If someone else wins the pot you'll get about 5500 satoshi to let you know the round has ended.

(Please correct me if I'm mistaken nelisky)

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:25:03 PM

Yeah, the simplified rules sound correct, Tsquared.

As for me being lucky, I must say there's a first for everything... I usually lose my shirt on luck based games, to be honest, but maybe it's because I'm playing as the House, not as myself Smiley

I'll send the promised 100 bets now to Pick 4.
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:54:59 PM

Almost 0.37 BTC up for grabs at TAABL!
how to play! do u just send btc to game address and random winner take the pot?

zcxvbs

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:39:17 PM

The site looks rough and after 5 minutes' viewing I can't still understand how to play. Please make it clearly on the OP.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:03:07 PM

I honestly thought the rules were simple enough, so sorry if it seems complicated.

Choose your game, you'll probably be looking at the Pick 4 in BTC since that's the one having a large pot. The address for the game is right next to the game name: 1Amn26jeimKzM22F66MHxYG3Q8hjE8XTCC

Each bet costs 0.001 (on Pick 4 specifically) so just send that or a multiple thereof to the address.

It really is that simple...

If there is something you don't understand it would help me if you could state exactly what you don't understand so I can fix that on the OP

The site looks rough and after 5 minutes' viewing I can't still understand how to play. Please make it clearly on the OP.

What do you mean "the site looks rough"? (honest question) Is is the plain looks or is the organisation of the information misleading?

Besides the OP here, there's also the How To Play page that has a very indepth explanation of the site's workings. That is confusing if you don't know what you are looking at, granted, so any help in making a simpler explanation is greatly appreciated... Should I put Tsquared rules in the OP? Would that help?
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:13:25 AM

It looks like it was just me and Tsquared again, but lo and behold... I did not win this time around!

Congrats to the winner of almost 1 BTC (though if that's really Tsquared most of it came from you anyway Wink ), and lets get this ball running again, shall we?
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 04:11:27 PM

It looks like it was just me and Tsquared again, but lo and behold... I did not win this time around!

Congrats to the winner of almost 1 BTC (though if that's really Tsquared most of it came from you anyway Wink ), and lets get this ball running again, shall we?

Wood Woot!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Hit the Pick 4 with a pot of just under 1 BTC!

Place your bets boys and girls and get a piece of the action.

Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:44:31 PM

Very interesting.  My .1 BTC bet on Pick 2 hadn't finished confirming when the block was found matching an existing bet, so my bet just rolled into the next round. This is a very smart, auditably fair game.

TT
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Very interesting.  My .1 BTC bet on Pick 2 hadn't finished confirming when the block was found matching an existing bet, so my bet just rolled into the next round. This is a very smart, auditably fair game.

TT
It is always a good a game when you are on a winning side of it. But indeed it is something new and fresh. I like new ideas like that and am tired of just another dice game site. Possibilities are endless with online bitcoin gambling, why operators are making the same types of games over and over again?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: