Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:20:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAABL] The original Bitcoin lottery is back...  (Read 3888 times)
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:36:21 PM

AAAAND...

I won. Tsquared second bet wasn't in yet so it got pushed to the new Pick 2 and I've proceeded to seed this new game with the same 10 bets.

Now, if it keeps just being the two of us and I keep pushing all my earnings back it is pretty much certain eventually Tsquared will win. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but here's hoping others join the action Smiley

These Pick 2 games are really fast, they'll easily hit multiple times a day, whereas Pick 3 are still fast, but a bit less so. Pick 4 will likely run for multiple days/weeks unless there's a lot of placed bets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:15:00 PM

Well, I won again.

Reseeding the Pick 2, this time with 12 bets. C'mon guys and gals (and things?), place your bets!

Good luck.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:44:08 PM

Another bump for awareness, there are many bets just waiting to be won Smiley

If we keep winning the Pick games, we keep betting on them with the funds won, so it is just a matter of time until someone takes the cake!
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:46:20 PM

I'm not the brightest bulb on the string, and still don't completely understand, but sent another bet on the Pick 2.

Tell me again please how the bet selection works. I send more than the required bet(s) and the remainder goes to the house. I think I understand that part, but how to actually make the selections once the bet is confirmed?

TT

Edit: i get it now. It's based on the remainder amount. Please disregard the question. Your instructions explain it well enough.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:39:43 PM

While it is still TAABL vs Tsquared, we won again and all the proceeds were once again placed as bets on the new lottery. We'll keep this betting scheme going until someone else wins, of course Smiley
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:48:23 PM

While it is still TAABL vs Tsquared, we won again and all the proceeds were once again placed as bets on the new lottery. We'll keep this betting scheme going until someone else wins, of course Smiley

Well, that just won't do. I'm uping the ante. Gonna win this Pick 2 eventually.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:51:42 PM

Well, that just won't do. I'm uping the ante. Gonna win this Pick 2 eventually.

TT

Heh, yes, if it keeps being just you betting you are sure to win eventually. Right now you'll have an almost 50% chance, so good luck!
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:57:26 PM

While we're at it I'm going to place a personal bet on Pick 3 of 0.1 BTC. Since this is the 2nd transaction on that Pick the game will start following blocks and a match will close the game, so this is everyone's chance of getting in the action for as low as 0.001 BTC!
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:00:15 PM

That was fast. I won the Pick 3 and placed the 10 seed bets again. Also placing a new personal 100 bets, but this time on Pick 4, which should take a little longer to match, although the Pick 3 was only 2.7% filled and still matched way faster than expected.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:46:53 PM

Another Pick 2 that was won by yours truly, another reseed.

Good luck!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:59:49 AM

Giving the Pick 2 another shot.

Never saw a guy so bummed about winning so much. Gonna try to cheer you up a bit.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:46:25 PM

Hehe, the real win would be to get people betting on the site, but you being the only one simply means you'll end up in profit, no matter what Smiley
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:09:05 PM

For those distracted, I won the BTC Pick 2 again, all proceeds are back as bets.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:25:46 AM

Hehe, the real win would be to get people betting on the site, but you being the only one simply means you'll end up in profit, no matter what Smiley

I know, just bumping. Planning on putting it back in when I win. Have to win one pick 2 and then maybe split the bets on the other games.

Would be great to get some dust to let players know the round is over and they didn't win. I think I read something about this in the documentation and it used to be done but no longer?

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:09:49 PM

Yeah, dust is no longer possible, most servers will refuse transactions below 0.00005460 BTC (specific to bitcoin). To pay above that value for signalling losses plus the tx fee would mean we'd lose more than what we were getting with the house fee, not a sustainable business model Smiley
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:41:29 PM

After thinking a bit about the feedback on bet lost issue, and even though that's going to take a large stab at the potential profit the house makes, I do think it is something that is needed otherwise people will just forget about the picks they've placed bets on.

I've made the following change to the payout system; If more than X bets are placed from the same address (same transaction always counts as 1 address, but multiple transactions using coin control and the same base address will also work) a feedback amount will be sent so signal a lost bet to that address.
The amount will depend on the currency, for BTC it is 5500 satoshis plus the number of digits matched in the particular pick, so 5502 for Pick 2.

I have only enabled this for Pick 2 in BTC, and the minimum bets is 4. This number makes sure we don't end up paying more than it was collected on the Pick.

All the other Picks will be updated to include feedback payments and you'll know that is enabled by the new column in the main page Pick list, left to the Complete column.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:13:54 AM

After thinking a bit about the feedback on bet lost issue, and even though that's going to take a large stab at the potential profit the house makes, I do think it is something that is needed otherwise people will just forget about the picks they've placed bets on.

I've made the following change to the payout system; If more than X bets are placed from the same address (same transaction always counts as 1 address, but multiple transactions using coin control and the same base address will also work) a feedback amount will be sent so signal a lost bet to that address.
The amount will depend on the currency, for BTC it is 5500 satoshis plus the number of digits matched in the particular pick, so 5502 for Pick 2.

I have only enabled this for Pick 2 in BTC, and the minimum bets is 4. This number makes sure we don't end up paying more than it was collected on the Pick.

All the other Picks will be updated to include feedback payments and you'll know that is enabled by the new column in the main page Pick list, left to the Complete column.

I think that's a good add. I'm obviously not a good gambler, so I don't expect to win, but will be good to have some confirmation when I lose. Just threw down on the Pick 2 again. Really playing because of the history behind this game, and I think it's cool being able to say I did.

It seems to me that quite a lot of thought and work has gone into creating this game. Surprised more are not playing. I wonder why?

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:45:09 AM

It was very popular when it first appeared, and kept being popular for a long time.

Part of the problem was that we never advertised outside the basic forum thread, and when we started we were alone, or almost. It was a novel idea and that has a pull.

But then the dice game fever came, TAABL kept on being popular but most people prefer the rapid feedback games. We also did our own dice game, but since we don't like to clone, we prefer to try new things, we did an automated strategy dice site, which is currently being updated and upgraded. But again we never advertised outside the forum threads.

So, if I had to guess, the problem is not the game itself but the fact 100 new games come out every week, clones of clones of clones, with shiny logos and add campaigns... wonder if we'll have to do the same thing?

Anyway, great to see you haven't given up on getting your bets back Smiley. I didn't bet the full bankroll on the last Pick2 by mistake, still have 11 bets to push, so I'll do that now. This time around you should get a transaction if winning (of course Smiley ) or losing, the latter of 5502 satoshis.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 12:13:25 PM

Yep, you definitely don't have the "Vegas Flash" going on with this game. Although that's why I like it, it's not what catches people's attention. You're right though, with so many other mindless games out there, one really needs to study this one to appreciate what it is.

Maybe the .35 BTC pot on the Pick 2 will entice some more players?

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:05:03 PM

Almost 0.37 BTC up for grabs at TAABL!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: