Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Bitcoin moons... alt-coins will die.  (Read 3224 times)
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:20:44 PM

The issue is, that altcoins have absolutely no real world usage nor any use cases nor usability. Consequently, apart from day traders and pathetic P&D scammers nobody use altcoins. Ethereum will perhaps make it as smart contracts could be useful to address many business requirements, but despite the hype and massive investment it is not even clear if Ethereum will make it. However,  the current +600 altcoins/shitcoins, hopeless BTC/LTC clones will simply disappear.

So you think there is not a market for decentralized databases & artificial intelligence on Sapience/XAI for instance?

If anything we will find out how limited Bitcoin really is, blockchain technology is the future of everything from cloud storage to networks that will be almost impossible to take down/DDOS. Imagine if the Sony PSN network was secured by a blockchain, you know how much Sony would pay for that technology? It would be worth its weight in gold.

If you say there is no real world use for alts its because most good ones are barely 6-12 months old, how many startup businesses can you name that became a economic powerhouse in such a short time period?
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:05:07 PM

No matter Bitcoin moon or down, some altcoins are still outperforming bitcoin. They are really promising and addressing some issues in our real life. Why altcoin is called alt, cos it comes after bitcoin. It doesn't mean it is not good, it provides some features bitcoin don't.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:20:07 PM

No matter Bitcoin moon or down, some altcoins are still outperforming bitcoin. They are really promising and addressing some issues in our real life. Why altcoin is called alt, cos it comes after bitcoin. It doesn't mean it is not good, it provides some features bitcoin don't.

True, alt infers "alternative" to Bitcoin. Many so-called alts are not even the same competing market as Bitcoin as a digital currency and act as fuel to power services.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:47:26 PM

True, alt infers "alternative" to Bitcoin. Many so-called alts are not even the same competing market as Bitcoin as a digital currency and act as fuel to power services.

Bitcoin is platform and alts are aps on that platform.
When Bitcoin moons, good altcoins moons too... 
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:54:26 PM

Ok so you have some bitcoin, buncha altcoins and youre just waiting for the day bitcoin moons like you've always dreamed.

I thought we was at the moon already.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:44:49 PM

The issue is, that altcoins have absolutely no real world usage nor any use cases nor usability.

r.o.t.f.w.l.  !!!

Is that your latest random philosophy of the day ?

That's a remark that only someone who was utterly clueless and had done zero research into the functioning of altcoins would say.

I'm sorry. If / when Bitcoin "moons" there will be huge problems in various sectors that simply can't access digital currencies due to the nature of Bitcoin's monetary features.

Have a look around you. The financial system is massively diverse. There is a universe of different types of derivatives, financial instruments, currencies, bonds, debt-based, commodity-based you name it based monetary tokens.

The idea that bitcoin is the "only one" is ludicrous. It may consolidate its position as the "reserve" but thats it. On a day today basis it will be lucky if it has as important a role as gold (which isn't the only monetary token in use in case you hadn't noticed).

Apart from anything else, markets (free markets at least) do not ever allow anything to be "the only one".
NewbieFromLatvia

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:57:06 PM

Like when alt coins died in late 2013/early 2014 when Bitcoin hovered around $1000? Doubt it. If anything it will be another alt boom.

i agree!  watch this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

Damn that's hilarious ! True.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:19:25 PM

Hear me loud and clear. Gems when it releases its IOS and airdrop will moon far more than anyone even dared to dream.
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:58:22 PM

Mintcoin is over a year old and increased in value like 400% last month despite bitcoin rising too. I think every market is independent. Sort of like the s&p 500... The top 500 alts or so are likely to do well. You cannot have only 1 coin...because you need others for trading pairs against it so the market action can go in cycles. If one is overvalued you need an alt that is a better value until the market finds balance.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:34:35 PM

The good ones follow suit

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:58:00 AM

as stated before any altcoins with some innovation or hook will likely stay while the copies will die off.

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:26:29 AM

I dont think like that!
Bitcoin can grow and others alt also.
It depends on the money that goes in.
Regards

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

I dont think like that!
Bitcoin can grow and others alt also.
It depends on the money that goes in.
Regards

yes this is true some alt follow price of bitcoin that was seen before and will be seen again
every time is different coin that follows

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:11:54 PM

Altcoins are dead already. Am I wrong? Which altcoin is doing good since its release? I can't see any of them.

guldencoin
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:44:38 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 07:34:22 PM by One Six

When bitcoin moons, quality of alt-coins will improve and compete with bitcoin. Alt-coins will never die. There can be more than one digital commodity.

Before year 2000, Gopher and altavista were popular search engines, then came Google.
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:36:00 PM

If my BTC goes to the moon, then I can afford to buy more altcoins.  The main purchasers of altcoins are BTC users.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:43:33 PM

There will always be a market for altcoins, because they have different usabilities, or because some people just likes something different.

As you can see from the past, if the price of bitcoin rises, altcoins will follow.

That's one of the most inaccurate statements I have ever read in here.

The issue is, that altcoins have absolutely no real world usage nor any use cases nor usability. Consequently, apart from day traders and pathetic P&D scammers nobody use altcoins. Ethereum will perhaps make it as smart contracts could be useful to address many business requirements, but despite the hype and massive investment it is not even clear if Ethereum will make it. However,  the current +600 altcoins/shitcoins, hopeless BTC/LTC clones will simply disappear.

I wasn't even thinking about Ethereum, but that's another example, coins like SJCX, XCP, Stellar and XRP are good examples of altcoins with very objective usabilities, they don't compete directly with bitcoin.

As for bitcoin and litecoin clones, like I said some people will always want something different.

scott btc

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:13:55 AM

I am thinking this is a great time to buy some BTC and altcoins
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:08:11 AM

If my BTC goes to the moon, then I can afford to buy more altcoins.  The main purchasers of altcoins are BTC users. 

Yes, bitcoin is the leading cryptocurreny. It is the based currency for trading altcoins. But when bitcoin moon, some alt moon as well. So you just can buy the shitty altcoins whose price is down comparing with bitcoin.

drbrock

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

New to BTC not new to the Empire of Chaos

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:38:42 PM

Well I think personally I am going to get into as many viable altcoins as possible. Missed the whole crypto-currency train first time round so I am trying to increase my holdings of btc, but also want to get into some altcoins too. I guess with so many out there its hard to know which ones. takes a lot of time to read/research all these coins esp when you have a slave-wage job in the 'real world' lol

████████████
A  S  K   C O I N        Plug&Play Exchange Integrated with Twitter !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: