Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:33:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xaucoin | XAU | Gold-like Asset | Store of Value | PoW SHA-256  (Read 42455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xaucoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM

If you can solve your win-qt wallet virus alert, we like to list your coin on market.
halibit
alcurEX exchange

ESET-NOD32   a variant of Win32/BitCoinMiner.BJ potentially unsafe   20150305
Ikarus   Trojan.BitCoinMiner   20150304
TrendMicro-HouseCall   Suspicious_GEN.F47V0303   20150305

It is false positive, many wallets shows this.

yes all false positive identifications for a Generic Bitcoin Miner  basically the mining software incorporated in the wallet for function

setgenerate true  for mining solo in the wallet  which is pointless of course because of ASIC mining

also the wallet is classified as a portable.exe because xaucoin has the wallet.dat and block chain info in the same folder where the QT is running from

a new wallet version will be put into development following bitcoin core version revisions
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:03:02 PM

I see.
Do you know what makes this?
I mean it is only with some coins.

Compile method maybe. I don't know, I'm not a coder... But I often upload wallets on virustotal and see this false positive sometimes.
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 06:10:54 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 06:27:36 PM by xaucoin

I see.
Do you know what makes this?
I mean it is only with some coins.

It stems from the early Bitcoin days before ASIC mining and between cpu  gpu  SHA-256  mining still being viable

operators of actual malicious trojans and botnets would install minerd onto peoples machines packaged as bloatware malware to mine bitcoins for them  without the users knowledge  which of course is not worth while any longer in terms of cpu mining bitcoins

consequently any new QT .exe  and especially portable apps containing SHA-256 or Scrypt minerd can therefore show false positives as a Generic.Bitcoin.Miner   which is harmless mining software  unless controlled by another actual malicious software  xaucoin is not doing this obviously

Interestingly enough a 32 bit compile of the same source will present this warning when a 64 bit compile often does not  because it is not identified as WIN32.Generic
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 06:43:55 PM

@halibit  your exchange alcurEX is impressive and fits well with our future intentions for xaucoin XAU

alcurEX crypto market https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/index

alcurEX crypto gold market https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/gold

so it will be appropriate for our listing if possible  and we look to resolve current wallet issues
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 07:58:06 PM

Pleased to announce the 2nd mining pool for xaucoin XAU

http://xau.manhattanmine.com

xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 09:11:08 PM

with delight our 2nd block explorer for xaucoin XAU

http://cryptoplorer.com:3003/

McKnight

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:44:29 PM

I'm testing this site out, I've put 10K XAU on there about 30 minutes ago, 40 confirms and its still not showing up!!

Don't put any money on there yet!!!  I'll update if any changes

Only a couple of the market pairs are showing any orders whatsoever at present

@McKnight please contact cryptogator.net via forum personal message and advise to me asap also  hope is going to be OK

anyone else registering on cryptogator.net use a random password on this third party website and proceed with caution

Update:
CrytpoGator.net Doesn't seem to have the ability to even answer support tickets or PM's, their wallets are 12hrs behind yet nobody is informed of what is going on...

I'm now thinking its a SCAM Exchange and its sole purpose of existence is to take your hard earned BTC and altcoins. (but i could be wrong)

I'm going to leave them a negative trust to try and wake them up a little and get things moving, they'd had plenty of time now to respond to my ticket and PM.

Update:
After 24hrs they finally updated their wallets and credited me with my 10K XAU, I've now made a withdrawal request, its in a pending state....  Maybe in another 24hrs they'll update their wallets again  and send it..... I'm not removing the negative trust til i receive my coins!!
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:12:47 PM

Fail virustotal warning is solved and we start adding XAU on alcurEX BTC market.
Will be ready an hour.

halibit

ALCUREX is an online cryptocurrency exchange registered in Finland.
Business ID: 2612007-8 FINLAND
McKnight

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:22:11 PM

Fantastic!  I'll look forward to trading with you guys.... Smiley
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:02:51 AM

Fail virustotal warning is solved and we start adding XAU on alcurEX BTC market.
Will be ready an hour.

halibit

https://i.imgur.com/PeGCkdp.png
ALCUREX is an online cryptocurrency exchange registered in Finland.

Good news  although Im guessing it will probably be live at some stage tomorrow now or in the next days

I have been given notice that another exchange will also be adding xaucoin XAU  within 24 to 48 hours

so xaucoin should be live on a reliable exchange within this time scale  and the more the merrier obviously in a free market economy

having mainly focused on social promotion and building our user base  our priority now in the next days and weeks is getting the source code on to github and releasing new updated wallets

halibit
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:06:29 AM

Market open
We just open market for your coin on alcurEX BTC market.
https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/market?pair=XAU_BTC

Here is some useful links for coinmarketcap etc integration:

Last price on alcurEX with api:
https://alcurex.org/api/market.php?pair=xau_btc&last=last

Last 24h volume on alcurEX exchange:
https://alcurex.org/api/market.php?currency=XAU&interval=24

Trading history:
https://alcurex.org/api/market.php?pair=XAU_BTC&history=on&limit=10000

Welcome to alcurEX

ALCUREX OY is an online cryptocurrency exchange registered in Finland.
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:09:51 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 02:11:44 AM by xaucoin

My bad

xaucoin XAU is now LIVE on alcurEX https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/market?pair=XAU_BTC

Happy tradings and special thanks go to halibit for providing this service

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:18:59 AM

>>Initial 500 xaucoins XAU per block  |  Halving every 2100 blocks

This coin is one week old and mined 9952 block. So in another 7 days it will be about block 19904

The rewards past block 18900 will only be 0.9765625 XAU.

So who will be mining this coin next week with a reward of only 0.9765625 XAU per block? Then after another week you will be mining for transaction fees only. Looks like a hard fork will be needed or is this just a short life coin since it does not seem like the Dev planned out more then just a launch and getting it to a exchange.

halibit
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:23:37 AM

My bad

xaucoin XAU is now LIVE on alcurEX https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/market?pair=XAU_BTC

Happy tradings and special thanks go to hailbit for providing this service

You welcome.
Forgot mention..
XAU is now on Open Market, but first trade will lift coin to the BTC market.
Three inactive days will drop it back to Open Market, but sure XAU have no 3 inactive days, right  Wink
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:34:05 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 12:34:19 AM by xaucoin

>>Initial 500 xaucoins XAU per block  |  Halving every 2100 blocks

This coin is one week old and mined 9952 block. So in another 7 days it will be about block 19904

The rewards past block 18900 will only be 0.9765625 XAU.

So who will be mining this coin next week with a reward of only 0.9765625 XAU per block? Then after another week you will be mining for transaction fees only. Looks like a hard fork will be needed or is this just a short life coin since it does not seem like the Dev planned out more then just a launch and getting it to a exchange.

The block halving has been chosen to mimic an accelerated version of the Bitcoin model

transaction fees will become much higher than the block reward  yes

exchange value and transactions will provide enough incentive to continue mining for those who are invested long term through their holdings

welcome to Bitcoin   fast forward

note that the block reward continues to half until all 2.1 million xaucoins are in circulation  this will take over a few weeks  and also mimics Bitcoins existing transaction volume fees over time

with this model transaction fees can replace the block reward gradually

if you dont except xaucoin as a micro and macro economic example of Bitcoin  then you cannot believe in Bitcoin long term

xaucoin has a viable economic model in its own right that is also designed to demonstrate that Bitcoin can work off transaction fees alone in over 100 years time when all 21 million Bitcoins have been mined and are in circulation  

hayan

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:37:26 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 02:30:54 PM by hayan

The underlying concept may be, but that depends how affordable hashing power is by then. If you can't make more than a block is worth, it's not worthwhile. Transaction fees on blocks these days seem to be at most about 1.5% of the block reward, and even then, mining is considered unprofitable for many. Of course, if Bitcoin is used more widely, the transaction fees will increase in volume (and thus in total value), too.

As for literally Bitcoin itself, I'd be very surprised if SHA256 isn't broken within the next hundred years, either by simply something no one noticed before, or by computers becoming powerful enough that brute-forcing SHA256 is negligable.

As for this coin? Let's hope to see it go up! Cheesy
xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:40:02 PM

The underlying concept may be, but that depends how affordable hashing power is by then. If you can't make more than a block is worth, it's not worthwhile. Transaction fees on blocks these days seem to be at most about 1.5% of the block reward, and even then, mining is considered unprofitable for many. Of course, if Bitcoin is used more widely, the transaction fees will increase in volume (and thus in total value), too.

As for literally Bitcoin itself, I'd be very surprised if SHA256 isn't broken within the next hundred years, either by simply something no one noticed before, or by computers becoming powerful enough that brute-forcing SHA256 is negligable.

As for this coin? Let's hope to see it go up! Cheesy

yes all correct and potential future truth predictions

with regards to hash rate it is possible that an increasingly centralized distribution becomes very decentralized once more over time

if it is not seen as profitable or actually profitable for centralized mining pools to make payouts based purely on transaction fees depending on volume  then individuals are more likely to be solo mining once more directly to support the network security

this is the likely scenario for xaucoin with individuals hopefully solo mining onto the wallet once more to support the network  process transactions and secure their investment holdings

as the block reward is dropping xaucoin could present an excellent opportunity to use old usb block eruptors or usb antminers to support the network through mining directly onto the wallet

will future generations be solo mining onto the Bitcoin network with old s3 or s5 hardware  again simply to support the network and process transaction  which is an increasingly unlikely scenario over time  although something to think about

what was it satoshi had said about being certain of very high future transaction volume or of their being no transaction volume at all

xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

xaucoin is currently the 2nd highest claimed altcoin on multifaucet .tk

People do recognize rarity and scarcity as value and worth over time  people will also like to cash in for what they see as immediate profits or to cover their costs understandably

We can expect exchange prices to drop now whilst the dumpers become the long term holders or asset class speculators

xaucoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 03:23:03 PM

current block xaucoin block reward is now 15.625 XAU

halving again at block 12700 to 7.8125 XAU

https://xau.minerpools.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

http://xau.manhattanmine.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

wisnon

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:31:57 PM

dev, please update future plans and Roadmap, thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: