Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empeopled: A Social Content-sharing Community That Pays Bitcoin To Members  (Read 1185 times)
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:17:15 AM

I recently found out about https://empeopled.com/ on Twitter and since I found no references anywhere an the forums here about it I thought someone should mention it.  (Hopefully I selected the proper topic to do so)  Thiis website is like a social network that pays bitcoin to people using the site for different things and the topics and other aspects of the site are actaually open to community input https://empeopled.com/

I got permission from @zaibatsu on twitter who is involved with the project to post this information which if from the site

Full posting here https://empeopled.com/faq
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is Empeopled?

Empeopled is a content-sharing community that:

Pays you a dividend when people up-vote your posts and comments.
    Gives you more influence based on the amount of up-votes you've received.
    Empowers you to decide the site's future with the influence you amass.

How does Empeopled work?

When someone up-votes your post or comment you instantly get credited a small amount of Bitcoin.

On top of that, as you accumulate up-votes, your vote carries an increasingly greater weight.

Since trending content is determined by the amount of votes content gets, a greater voting weight means you have more say on who and what people pay attention to.

Lastly, since Empeopled is managed by its members, a greater voting weight also gives you more say on its future features, how its money is managed, its rules, and who its moderators are.

Why does Empeopled have users vote on rules and elect moderators?

From a practical perspective, we want to harness the power of 'the crowd' to maintain the quality of content and conversation.

From a philosophical perspective, we want to build a tool that empowers people to govern themselves on the Internet, starting with content and conversation, but hopefully more ambitious things in the future.

What's the number next to my name mean?

The number next to your name indicates your 'Decibel Level'.

What are 'Decibel Levels'? How do they work?

The higher your Decibel Level, the more your vote counts for.

If your Decibel Level in a topic is 10, then every time you vote on a post or comment that's related to that topic, the vote total for that post will change by 10.

That means your vote is worth 10 votes for that topic!

The more up-votes your posts get in a topic, the higher your Decibel Level becomes. The idea is to give people that have contributed more to a topic a louder voice.

What happens when I gain a Decibel Level?"

Decibel Level    Gained
1    Post, comment, vote on content
2    2x voting weight
3    Report content for moderator review, 3x voting weight
4    Vote in elections and on rules, 4x voting weight
5    Propose a new rule, 5x voting weight
6    Register as a candidate, 6x voting weight
7    7x voting weight
8    8x voting weight
9    9x voting weight
10    10x voting weight
50    50x voting weight

Why these topics?

Early-on we covered any and all topics, but some were more popular than others. To prevent dead topics and improve the typical member experience we decided to focus on those.

In the future, topics can be added based on demand. If you have a topic suggestion, tell us here: https://beta.empeopled.com/t/empeopled_news

How can new topics be added?

You can suggest new topics to add here. If other members agree and your suggestion gets enough votes it'll be created automatically.

Why was a topic deleted?

Some topics are deleted because of inactivity.

How much is each up-vote worth?

The amount each up-vote is worth is determined by the size of Empeopled's Treasury and how big the site is. At any given time you can see what an up-vote is worth by looking at the exchange rate at the top of your screen.

Note that while it's starting as a very small amount of money, growth of both the Treasury and membership will make it grow in the future. Specifically, the exchange rate grows 1:1 with the Treasury, and at 10x jumps based on the number of commenters (at 1,000,10,000, 100,000 weekly unique commenter thresholds).

This structure opens the possibility for some unique arrangements. For example if/when the community votes to have advertising on the site 50% of the earnings will go directly into the Treasury, which could make it grow quite rapidly.

How do commissions work?

You get 30% of the up-votes and thus money the people you've invited receive. You also get 20% of the up-votes their invitees receive, and 10% of their invitees invitees. You don't get commissions if you up-vote their content though.

Ok so to show this is a legit effort to just get the word out about what I think is a cool site I am not posting my reference code to 'earn' comissions from anyone who signs up.  Check it out You may like it.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:06:57 AM

I joined this, not much OC...yet. i'll see what I can do.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:36:15 PM

Sounds good, what im not convinced about is the world, it's really hard to pronounce "empleopled".
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:08:11 PM

Sounds good, what im not convinced about is the world, it's really hard to pronounce "empleopled".

empleopled

Is it cool to advertise another Bitcoin forum here?

cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:24:54 AM

well i did not name it, and it certainly is not anything that would/could or is even trying to compete with this forum at all.

It is a social network that uses bitcoin, basically........... I don't even think they have a bitcoin topic discussion !!!

Just news, science, ect......

The way it works members have some latitude in creation of new topics...........  Smiley Smiley

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:15:34 AM

I tried the "withdraw" button to get the 2700 satoshis i had earned. it said "coming soon"  Embarrassed
whats the deal with that?
the referral program is structured like a pyramid scheme too, i dont see how it could be sustainable. i haven't paid anything, just my time...is the whole thing just a scam to grow users?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: