Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Pay.  (Read 1633 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:04:29 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2xp9r2/android_pay_was_confirmed_today_and_it_sounds/

Is this really something Bitcoin can use?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:09:39 AM

Yes! it can
It looks great
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:19:05 AM

Seems it has been developed to help support  google pay and will allow people to pay with it. How is it going to help bitcoin at all ?

Well that's why I'm asking the question. But from the reddit posters people seem to think Bitcoin can be built into it so therefore I guess Bitcoin can be spent wherever Android pay is used. I guess it makes Bitcoin instantly attractive as a real world payment option.
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:28:56 AM

So bitcoin is integrated in google pay? For purchasing apps and games? I'm very glad if we can use bitcoin for android payment, since i didn't have credit card. Hope they will implement bitcoin for Android payment
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:55:46 AM

So bitcoin is integrated in google pay? For purchasing apps and games? I'm very glad if we can use bitcoin for android payment, since i didn't have credit card. Hope they will implement bitcoin for Android payment

I think your mixing Android pay with Google play store. I don't know exactly how many retailers take Android pay but I guess it's like hooking up with a major player now and in the future. What's great is we don't need the Internet for processing, I guess you can store right on your phone wallet and pay instantly wherever android pay is taken. It's defer rely the future that the big companies including Apple are trying to get a piece of.
kepo07

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:58:53 AM

I think your mixing Android pay with Google play store. I don't know exactly how many retailers take Android pay but I guess it's like hooking up with a major player now and in the future. What's great is we don't need the Internet for processing, I guess you can store right on your phone wallet and pay instantly wherever android pay is taken. It's defer rely the future that the big companies including Apple are trying to get a piece of.
Depending on markets, you may not have the NFC function. This is the downside since there are lower end phones with no NFC. Apple however, has the newest gadgets shipped with NFC.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:07:25 PM

It's the future. It will be normal to "Pay" for things - whether it be ApplePay, SamsungPay or AndroidPay (very original naming). The rollout will take some time though, I don't all brick-and-morter stores will be too inclined to incorporate this too quickly.

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:09:06 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 08:24:41 AM by nikona

It's the future. It will be normal to "Pay" for things - whether it be ApplePay, SamsungPay or AndroidPay (very original naming). The rollout will take some time though, I don't all brick-and-morter stores will be too inclined to incorporate this too quickly.

But Its still no match to BTC.. You have to put cash into your Android wallet separately, and use it to limited stuff. But by the time that develops we will have a much stronger BTC.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:22:03 PM

These althernative payment options from Apple, Samsung and Google are nothing more than a battle between the three tech giants.

I'm wondering how many people will really use these options, and if so, for how long.
Twipple

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:24:58 PM

If it is flexible enough to be able to support bitcoin ,then I think it will work great ,and actually is better for bitcoin.
But bitcoin doesn't really need such a model since it allows you to send coins directly, with just an address or a QR code.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:14:52 PM

haha.yeah.. But Its still no match to BTC.. U have to put cash into your Android wallet separately.. n use it to limited stuff..but by the time that develops we will have a much stronger BTC.

I hope you are right here.
But, I'm not sure because many people worldwide using smart phones like Apple, Samsung...
so, if they start new service, many of their users will accept it.
They are already mainstream.
We don't have much bitcoin users so it doesn't matter really if is more simple to transfer money with BTC or smart phones.
More important is number of people accepting bitcoin right now.
If your friends have smart phone but never used bitcoin, you will have no choice but to send them money through smart phone pay service, right?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:12:54 PM

haha.yeah.. But Its still no match to BTC.. U have to put cash into your Android wallet separately.. n use it to limited stuff..but by the time that develops we will have a much stronger BTC.

I hope you are right here.
But, I'm not sure because many people worldwide using smart phones like Apple, Samsung...
so, if they start new service, many of their users will accept it.
They are already mainstream.
We don't have much bitcoin users so it doesn't matter really if is more simple to transfer money with BTC or smart phones.
More important is number of people accepting bitcoin right now.
If your friends have smart phone but never used bitcoin, you will have no choice but to send them money through smart phone pay service, right?

Sure I get that this doesn't mean more users BUT as a currency it makes it much more viable putting it on a level with other fiats through Android Pay. So with us a Bitcoin believers it's now taken technically by anyone who takes Android pay. I guess it's like how someone  in the world can use their fiat from just for example sake Korean Won but can use Paypal online internationally buying products in dollars, pounds, euros whatever. It is a step forward in Bitcoin as a currency in terms of utility.

So when non users say what can you actually buy with this Bitcoin stuff, you can say anything that can be paid through Android pay which I suspect will be knowing Google, almost anything as time goes on.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:26:04 PM

While the tech giants compete between themselves Bitcoin has one thing going for it: its open. It's not limited to a product (Bitcoin has multiple wallet options) or an implementation. NFC is really great, but what's stopping someone from developing on another protocol. Bitcoin can go anywhere...

redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:03:05 PM

[item] but with Bitcoin
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:40:46 PM

These althernative payment options from Apple, Samsung and Google are nothing more than a battle between the three tech giants.

I'm wondering how many people will really use these options, and if so, for how long.
I do not particularly use, and hope it does not last long

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:35:06 AM

The current problem with Google wallets and Android Pay is that currently most service providers (IE ATT) have most of the NFC google wallet features disabled by default (unless rooted) due to having their own contracts with other NFC wallet ideas (IE Visa's PayWave). So either android users will have to buy their phone directly from google (no 3rd party controllers), root their phone or find a service provider that doesn't disable google's NFC payment system.

Or maybe we will get lucky and service providers will stop installing these NFC blocking controllers on people's phones Tongue

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:48:52 AM

You can read more on the topic here : http://www.androidcentral.com/google-launching-their-own-payments-framework-android-pay

So it seams that android pay will continue where apple pay is. Im realy hoping developers will seaize this oppertunity and give us
a tool to use our bitcoin funds without first dealing with exchanges and banks.

Seams that this can be bitcoin accepted everywhere in a way, or am i wrong ?

cheers
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:54:30 AM

Silly question... but why doesn't someone ask google if they plan on adding btc?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:58:25 AM

Silly question... but why doesn't someone ask google if they plan on adding btc?

If i am not mistaken, this could very well be even better than that (technicaly), even tho for the trending it would be an insane boost if google was to accept it.
But something like that wont happen out of a clear sky, its steps like these that are first necessary in order to get attention and support from clients.

cheers
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:58:00 AM

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the point is Android pay is going to be open source api. I therfore thought it's not about Android accepting Bitcoin but about someone building Bitcoin into Android pay.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: