Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is Egopay serious ?  (Read 1895 times)
blingow (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:48:41 AM

I tried to register at ego pay website, when I get to the verification page I can't see the verification image. I tried with different computers and different browsers but the same problem exist , here's the link to their registration page https://www.egopay.com/sign-up

I sent them email 3 days ago there I asked them to fix this error. Until now I didn't get any reply.

Is anyone here using ego pay ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teddybear

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:56:55 AM

WTH is ego pay? never heard of it..anyways checked the reg page..n even I cant see the verification image. So just switch to something else.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:10:36 AM

Yeah, I can confirm it's not showing up on my end either. Trying to reload the image doesn't work. It's a bit strange, since it seems like a very simple problem to fix but not being able to register is a pretty big problem.

This is what I get:

Not sure if it's related but it looks like they had some security issues earlier this year:

http://blog.egopay.com/

WTH is ego pay? never heard of it..anyways checked the reg page..n even I cant see the verification image. So just switch to something else.

They're a Bitcoin payment processor that lets customers send money online:

http://www.egopay.com/personal/what-is-egopay
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:12:52 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 08:25:24 AM by nikona

Yeah, I can confirm it's not showing up on my end either. Trying to reload the image doesn't work. It's a bit strange, since it seems like a very simple problem to fix but not being able to register is a pretty big problem.

This is what I get:

Not sure if it's related but it looks like they had some security issues earlier this year:

They're a Bitcoin payment processor that lets customers send money online:

http://www.egopay.com/personal/what-is-egopay

It doesnt show the verification code to me as well. I would rather suggest to use some other modes of payment than Egopay..Haven't really tried Ego after it, and would probably never do so.
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:18:12 PM

I tried to register at ego pay website, when I get to the verification page I can't see the verification image. I tried with different computers and different browsers but the same problem exist , here's the link to their registration page https://www.egopay.com/sign-up

I sent them email 3 days ago there I asked them to fix this error. Until now I didn't get any reply.

Hmmm doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I'd be a little bit wary of using them as a payment processor. Can't say I've even heard of them before, maybe search to see if they've got an account on this forum.
TXWA

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:23:12 PM

Stay away from Egopay unless you want to get scammed out of your money.

I created a list of payment processors which are (most likely) serious: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929119.msg10219092#msg10219092

You can't even register on Egopay as the captcha image directory does not exist - returns 404 error - Cheesy :
https://www.egopay.com/images/captcha/0e5937bf94f6a157f06ee7ca7ac65d23.png
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:43:09 PM

Hmmm doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I'd be a little bit wary of using them as a payment processor. Can't say I've even heard of them before, maybe search to see if they've got an account on this forum.

They got hacked before Bter was hacked. I think the only way you could deposit USD into Bter was by using Egopay. There were other big exchanges using Egopay before they got hacked who lost a lot of money through it. I'm surprised they have not shut down yet and don't trust them.
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:45:06 PM

my advice is stay away from them
there are many scam processor turn to be scam, most likely egopay is one of them
just read about their hacked problem before
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:16:30 PM

Egopay is scam payment processor and ran with thousand of dollars,
so better don't try to make new account or deposit there.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:42:35 PM

The website appears broken, it doesn't load properly here.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:48:28 AM

https://www.egopay.com/ is the correcturl for the site. I have used in the past for various business that accepted it. However I have stopped using it because it is very much like  Liberty reserve and has no support if something goes wrong or your account gets hacked then your funds are gone and they do not really care about giving any resolvent. They claim they have nothing to do with payza that was known to be Alertpay and changed names and they do have affiliates with them but they make claims they are not. My advise is to stick away from them because their same as egopay you get problems they will not listen to you.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:53:15 AM

https://www.egopay.com/ is the correcturl for the site. I have used in the past for various business that accepted it. However I have stopped using it because it is very much like  Liberty reserve and has no support if something goes wrong or your account gets hacked then your funds are gone and they do not really care about giving any resolvent. They claim they have nothing to do with payza that was known to be Alertpay and changed names and they do have affiliates with them but they make claims they are not. My advise is to stick away from them because their same as egopay you get problems they will not listen to you.

There you go OP. Might as well avoid egopay for the better  and use other valid and genuine payment processor for buying up bitcoin or other currencies.

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:25:51 AM

There you go OP. Might as well avoid egopay for the better  and use other valid and genuine payment processor for buying up bitcoin or other currencies.

Indeed the only one I will use among them are OKPAY that also accepts bitcoin and litecoin and also had their own debit card system. The same for solid trust pay they also have debit card and also can now load funds into Solid Trust Pay however they still are yet to integrate fully to convert BTC into STP or Fiat on theri site but they are working on it soo as this happens then it will be a good one to use along with okpay as can buy btc with them both and exchange out. Solid Trust Pay for cashing out is almost instant to load funds on to their debitcard. Once they have introduced the system to sell BTC to them and exchange for USD or GBP etc then it is going to be very good service.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:57:15 AM

Stay away from egopay, for now it’s better to consider EgoPay finished. Nothing can fix the tainted reputation of the administration because they were deliberately silent on the issue for so long, allowing people to fund their EgoPay accounts while knowing they would never be able to get that money back.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:23:36 PM

They got hacked before Bter was hacked. I think the only way you could deposit USD into Bter was by using Egopay. There were other big exchanges using Egopay before they got hacked who lost a lot of money through it. I'm surprised they have not shut down yet and don't trust them.

Didn't realize Bter used Egopay for USD deposits nor did I know they had been hacked previously, certainly a huge red flag for anyone thinking of using their services. Any idea how much was stolen from the other big exhanges?
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

Didn't realize Bter used Egopay for USD deposits nor did I know they had been hacked previously, certainly a huge red flag for anyone thinking of using their services. Any idea how much was stolen from the other big exhanges?

Yup many sites use egopay as a USD deposit even btc-e accepts it and other places but to be honest its a waste of time if something goes wrong because you get no support. Had a few problems in the past that did get resolved but only me threatening legal action against the business that was using it as egopay declined to answer any support tickets or emails I sent. Theri good in terms of being instant to most business that are using it but when comes to customer services and refunds and claims they give the same old BS all payments are final it was your own doing or your on fault contact legal departments in own country.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:55:31 AM

"Some security issues" might be a bit of an understatement:

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/01/16/bitcoin-payment-processor-egopay-ceases-trading-founders-may-have-stolen-millions/

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-payment-processor-egopay-ceased-trading-millions-funds-stolen/

http://www.coindesk.com/payment-processor-egopay-confirms-hack-insider-suspected/

Bitcoin payment processor EgoPay has ceased trading, with unconfirmed reports that the founders of the company may have stolen millions in funds from clients.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:46:01 AM

"Some security issues" might be a bit of an understatement:

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/01/16/bitcoin-payment-processor-egopay-ceases-trading-founders-may-have-stolen-millions/

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-payment-processor-egopay-ceased-trading-millions-funds-stolen/

http://www.coindesk.com/payment-processor-egopay-confirms-hack-insider-suspected/

Bitcoin payment processor EgoPay has ceased trading, with unconfirmed reports that the founders of the company may have stolen millions in funds from clients.

If egopay had been suspended then why it still being used. Lots of places are indeed stopping and suspended it from been used on their site but still don't stop them.  Is just like the old processor Liberty Reserve that got away with millions and the same with E-GOLD that was around till Jan this year and finally closed down and suspended. Same goes for the old storm pay that was a good processor until they blew all their money on races and filed for bankruptcy and administration. No doubt about it that soon egopay will follow the same as the above processors along with perfect money that is not perfect and as corrupted as liberty reserve and others are like or following suite.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:37:52 AM

u cant use egopay no more ... funds are frozen
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:09:08 PM

u cant use egopay no more ... funds are frozen

Well the only thing I see is the following.

Please accept our sincerest apologies in the lack of communication and transparency. This is what has happened since end of the year (Dec 2014):
- there was a hack and that is why all the merchant related services were turned off. This happened at a time when we had a lack of personnel between Christmas and New Year
- there is talks with an outside investor who is doing due diligence.

Tickets slowed down since there were no more employees to handle it, however this is getting resolved as a new team is being assembled to handle this. The services are coming back online already along with any exploits already cut off. Please stay tuned for more news after this weekend.

But I know thats been like that for some time and indeed a lot of places stopped using it. Not that am too bothered anyway. Only got like $0.28 remaining on account had taken funds out ages ago back beginning of 2014 and stopped using. But still I feel the pain for people who where using this a a method of payment on a daily basics for legit business or transactions done and they no doubt will be effected by this big time.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S