Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:45:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending without transaction fees  (Read 3098 times)
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:44:51 AM

i hope you aren't trying to figure out how to spam.  in any case large btc sums without fees seem to confirm just as fast as small ones with fees.  also small kb transactions such as those not made of many small pieces also confirm without fees.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:30:01 AM

If you mature some coins long enough and transaction size is below 1k, you can send it for free

Never knew this , so let us suppose if a address like this
https://blockchain.info/address/1CFBdvaiZgZPTZERqnezAtDQJuGHKoHSzg
ever gets active and decides to send the coin , he /she/they can send it without fees and still get it confirmed ?

The address you linked has 50btc in it and has been resting for years. It will qualify for a free transaction. It might not get confirmation within minutes, but I am sure it will eventually. It is up to the miners whether to accept transactions with no fees. Most do.

Are you really sure , this happens ?
Let us suppose , for experiment purposes i leave 2-5 btc in a wallet for 3-4  months and then send that in 2-5 transactions with 1 BTC in each transaction , totally w/o fees , Because that's what happens in PoS ,the older the coins the more the stake .
I really do not understand what does it have to do here , a miner won't get anything on it .
Never mined any coins.
Can someone tell if that's correct and also would love if someone can show me a Screenshot of what a miner see's during mining, i mean how does he know what to accept or how old are bitcoin(as stated above)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:42:01 AM

If you mature some coins long enough and transaction size is below 1k, you can send it for free

ever gets active and decides to send the coin , he /she/they can send it without fees and still get it confirmed ?

The address you linked has 50btc in it and has been resting for years. It will qualify for a free transaction. It might not get confirmation within minutes, but I am sure it will eventually. It is up to the miners whether to accept transactions with no fees. Most do.

Let us suppose , for experiment purposes i leave 2-5 btc in a wallet for 3-4  months and then send that in 2-5 transactions with 1 BTC in each transaction , totally w/o fees , Because that's what happens in PoS ,the older the coins the more the stake .
I really do not understand what does it have to do here , a miner won't get anything on it .
Never mined any coins.
Can someone tell if that's correct and also would love if someone can show me a Screenshot of what a miner see's during mining, i mean how does he know what to accept or how old are bitcoin(as stated above)

From experience, you don't even have to leave them that long. I've had a transaction of just 0.1 BTC that sat for a couple days and I was still able to send 0.01 BTC without a fee. It took around 3 blocks to be confirmed, but that's not a big issue.

I've had smaller transactions that took up to a day.

I mean when you really think about it, though, the minimum fee was changed to what, like 0.00002 BTC? That's negligible.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

From experience, you don't even have to leave them that long. I've had a transaction of just 0.1 BTC that sat for a couple days and I was still able to send 0.01 BTC without a fee. It took around 3 blocks to be confirmed, but that's not a big issue.

I mean when you really think about it, though, the minimum fee was changed to what, like 0.00002 BTC? That's negligible.

0.0001 BTC ain't much to pay , it's just for experimental purposes .
Am sorry i haven't done any former experiments with it.
Could you explain the mean of term , the minimum fee was changed to what, like 0.00002 BTC?
As i understand the minimum fee is 0.0001 BTC
~Regards koelen3
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:57:05 AM

0.0001 BTC ain't much to pay , it's just for experimental purposes .
Am sorry i haven't done any former experiments with it.
Could you explain the mean of term , the minimum fee was changed to what, like 0.00002 BTC?
As i understand the minimum fee is 0.0001 BTC
~Regards koelen3

A while back, the fee changed to the following:

0.0001 BTC -> high priority
0.00001 BTC -> medium priority

My understanding is that 0.00002 is the safest, since it's above medium but below high (which should put it closer to high).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:06:32 AM

[quote author=koelen3 link=topic=975178.msg10658643#msg10658643 date=142549275
Let us suppose , for experiment purposes i leave 2-5 btc in a wallet for 3-4  months and then send that in 2-5 transactions with 1 BTC in each transaction , totally w/o fees , Because that's what happens in PoS ,the older the coins the more the stake .
Never mined any coins.
[/quote]

You likely need a pool operator to send you that screenshot as
most miners simply attach to pools and hash whatever their pool provides.
Most miners don't deal with such details.
Or perhaps someone who is just mining as a hobby might show you their criteria for what they prefer to include in their attempts.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:10:17 AM

Hello,
I read many things about transfees(not be included in a block)
Any I saw many transactions without fees and still getting confirmed.
How is that possible and how can I actually do it?

Well the rule of thumb is never send a transaction without a fee. It may take a month to confirm. The prioirity is low for such transactions.

I got some transactions with no fee and it didn't took months. Just 14 hours for the first confirmation.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:24:53 AM

I think also with 1000 satoshi your transaction will be confirmed in the next 30 minutes but it depends also of the weight of the TX itself.  I pay always 1'000 satoshi and for me it is fine but sometimes I also pay 10'000 satoshi it is just a few cents of dollar (much less than a bank transfer).
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:30:13 AM

A while back, the fee changed to the following:

0.0001 BTC -> high priority
0.00001 BTC -> medium priority

My understanding is that 0.00002 is the safest, since it's above medium but below high (which should put it closer to high).

Good , means i can use medium priority for not so important transactions .Thank you

Or perhaps someone who is just mining as a hobby might show you their criteria for what they prefer to include in their attempts.
Where am i supposed to find a pool miner of bitcoin ?

I think also with 1000 satoshi your transaction will be confirmed in the next 30 minutes but it depends also of the weight of the TX itself.  I pay always 1'000 satoshi and for me it is fine but sometimes I also pay 10'000 satoshi it is just a few cents of dollar (much less than a bank transfer).
seems good.
Means if i want to get superfast confirmation , 100,000(very high priority ) will do the deal?

Thank you everyone for the help.
Would be awesome if someone could tell me or direct me to where i can see a screenshot of miner's screen
~Regards koelen3
steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:47:29 AM

my experience if confirmation is too long, the cost will be free  Smiley
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:55:45 AM

Honestly it is so much easier to just use a transaction fee of like less than a cent... Otherwise you run the risk of it not confirming for a long time.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:25:05 AM

Would be awesome if someone could tell me or direct me to where i can see a screenshot of miner's screen
~Regards koelen3

Perhaps I should restate -
only pool operators and persons who are interested in the mechanisms of mining
will be dealing with the details of transaction prioritization based on fees and so on.

All others who mine do so blindly, only performing work allocated to them by their pools.
They do not exercise choice much beyond choosing a pool(s) to work with.
So you need to strike up a conversation with a pool operator or a solo mining enthusiast.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:32:27 AM

~Regards koelen3

Perhaps I should restate -
only pool operators and persons who are interested in the mechanisms of mining
will be dealing with the details of transaction prioritization based on fees and so on.

All others who mine do so blindly, only performing work allocated to them by their pools.
They do not exercise choice much beyond choosing a pool(s) to work with.
So you need to strike up a conversation with a pool operator or a solo mining enthusiast.

Thank you but i do understand but that's exactly why am asking , because it's hard to find a pool operator or a solo miner.
Anyways i will search in mining Section Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:32:51 AM

Means if i want to get superfast confirmation , 100,000(very high priority ) will do the deal?

This would be no different than 0.0001 BTC at the current time. Technically if the blocks were full every single time, it would prioritize based on highest fees first (i.e., a 1 BTC fee would come before a 0.99 BTC fee and so on). But as it is, 0.0001 will get it into the next available block almost 100% of the time.

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:53:57 AM

This would be no different than 0.0001 BTC at the current time. Technically if the blocks were full every single time, it would prioritize based on highest fees first (i.e., a 1 BTC fee would come before a 0.99 BTC fee and so on). But as it is, 0.0001 will get it into the next available block almost 100% of the time.

Okay so i don't need to make it more than 0.0001 BTC even if i want High priority.
That sounds good enough Smiley
Thank you
arnab

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

it takes 4days to conform the transaction when i tryed it..really never try that
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:15:57 PM

I'd say miners & pools have a vested interest as many of them consider encouraging people to pay fees by only including transactions with fees. If nobody was paying fees they might not earn enough to get by and this would result soon in them stopping the mining and weakening the whole bitcoin networking.
DLCseller

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:19:05 PM

Sending btc without transaction fees are like sending a mail without a stamp Undecided
Transaction fees are important so that your transaction will be confirmed
Note:Sending btc without transaction fees might make your transaction uncomfirmable
theres always a risk in the easy way
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:41:53 PM

I'd say miners & pools have a vested interest as many of them consider encouraging people to pay fees by only including transactions with fees. If nobody was paying fees they might not earn enough to get by and this would result soon in them stopping the mining and weakening the whole bitcoin networking.

Yes! the miners will always encourage others for it!
But i don't understand why will it weaken the bitcoin network.
As i understand , if suppose half miners leave the mining , we still have other half right ?
They will find one block every 10 minutes , no matter how much hashing power we loose.
The difficulty is increasing but so are miners and thus making it hard for others.
If only 10-20 miners remain with some Ph/s with each miner , the transaction will still happen and bitcoin network will be stable , implied no one owns 51% or more of the hashing power.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:47:32 PM

One day I've sent a big transaction of ~5 btc with zero fee and it was confirmed in less than 30 min. Maybe I was lucky or maybe it was the 5 btc I dunno know. Now I put always  0.0001 bitcoin as fee and for me is very fine, it is less than 0,02 $ !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: