Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Configure antminer s1 to connect to remote server via ssh tunnel  (Read 1716 times)
benpownall (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:44:12 PM

Hi need some help if anyone can advise. I have successfully created a ssh tunnel to a remote server from behind a corporate firewall. Works like a dream on a pc running bfminer with local usb asics.

However I would like to get my antminer S1 connected  using this ssh tunnel. Any tips?

Currently the antminer is connecting to a pool via port 80
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:55:14 PM

Hi need some help if anyone can advise. I have successfully created a ssh tunnel to a remote server from behind a corporate firewall. Works like a dream on a pc running bfminer with local usb asics.

However I would like to get my antminer S1 connected  using this ssh tunnel. Any tips?

Currently the antminer is connecting to a pool via port 80

Um. Just SSH to whatever the external IP of the S1 is?

Maybe I don't understand the details of your question.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:39:35 PM

Any tips?

Be sure not to run a miner on your employers dime without permission? Its a fast way to losing your job.

Otherwise, ssh onto the antminer and then ssh tunnel out from there, then point the pool setting on the antminer to the local address and port that you are tunnelling out from.

http://www.revsys.com/writings/quicktips/ssh-tunnel.html

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
benpownall (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:53:47 AM

Hi thanks for the replies. I figured that I would have to ssh into my miner and then set it up to connect to my ssh tunnel on my home server. But not sure how to configure the miner to do it.

On my pc that I am using. I used a dedicated ssh manager to connect to the tunnel. On the antminer I know that it does not need a program like this as it is Linux based. But not sure how to actually set it up on the miner.

I have seen the commands on the web where you can type ssh then the address etc but where do I do this on the antminer?

Thanks for the warnings re my job.

Regards
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:56:51 PM

Hi thanks for the replies. I figured that I would have to ssh into my miner and then set it up to connect to my ssh tunnel on my home server. But not sure how to configure the miner to do it.

On my pc that I am using. I used a dedicated ssh manager to connect to the tunnel. On the antminer I know that it does not need a program like this as it is Linux based. But not sure how to actually set it up on the miner.

I have seen the commands on the web where you can type ssh then the address etc but where do I do this on the antminer?

Thanks for the warnings re my job.

Regards

You have to ssh to the ip address of the miner, and login to the command prompt. Then you can ssh out from the miner to create the tunnel as per the instructions.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
benpownall (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:30:37 PM

Ahhh I see it now.Thanks.

Will give it a try.

Again appreciate the help. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: