Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Social news revamped :)  (Read 690 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:18:25 PM

http://blog.digg.com/post/28338474438/v1-preview
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 03:00:05 AM

It is like watching a family member just die slowly, I remember when digg was pioneering in web 2.0 arena back in the day, but now it is just dying soooooooooooo slowly, and trying to play catch. I think it is a dead site, i hope i am wrong.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:53:12 AM

It is like watching a family member just die slowly, I remember when digg was pioneering in web 2.0 arena back in the day, but now it is just dying soooooooooooo slowly, and trying to play catch. I think it is a dead site, i hope i am wrong.
I go on it once a week, You've been reading too many propaganda articles much? Tongue
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:20:10 AM

I go on it once a week, You've been reading too many propaganda articles much? Tongue

LOL no 2005- 2007 was digg's greatest years digg v3 was horrible and digg v4 just ended it and then the founder left the project completely and that is how you know it is dead.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:25:39 AM

LOL no 2005- 2007 was digg's greatest years digg v3 was horrible and digg v4 just ended it and then the founder left the project completely and that is how you know it is dead.

I guess i gauge a companies success a little bit differently, I find a service dead when that said service is not making any money(net-profit) or not assisting with anyone but if you want to look at it that way we can do that Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:33:14 AM

I guess i gauge a companies success a little bit differently, I find a service dead when that said service is not making any money(net-profit) or not assisting with anyone but if you want to look at it that way we can do that Smiley

Well right not it is making no money. but if we are gauging digg by money, then I would say when they injected ads and if they got digged up the ad paid less and if it was buried the ad company paid more, then i would say that was genius. Actually making an ad content, and all services try to do that right now. Digg was the first one to have a button that linked back to digg, no site had that, at that time. So digg at certain points was amazing and really molded the web we see today. But in the last couple years, a big chunk of the hardcore community like me, has left cause of some decisions that would go against how the site was being censored, ran, and disrupting the internet with iframes. That is why I am salty on digg.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:40:24 AM

Well right not it is making no money. but if we are gauging digg by money, then I would say when they injected ads and if they got digged up the ad paid less and if it was buried the ad company paid more, then i would say that was genius. Actually making an ad content, and all services try to do that right now. Digg was the first one to have a button that linked back to digg, no site had that, at that time. So digg at certain points was amazing and really molded the web we see today. But in the last couple years, a big chunk of the hardcore community like me, has left cause of some decisions that would go against how the site was being censored, ran, and disrupting the internet with iframes. That is why I am salty on digg.

Thanks for that insight, i think i understand where people are comming from now with digg.

Shall we start Bigg?

Bro hit the Bigg button to make tHe top story bigger
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: