Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:18:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Color Changing Bitcoin Logo  (Read 1372 times)
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:52:39 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 09:38:20 PM by Stuff4Bitcoin

Picked this cool thing up at a crypto trade show for $100. It changes color as you move kind of like those color changing cars do. It changes from black, to goldish bown, to purple, to green. Kinds of reminds me of the oil spots you see in a parking lot after it rains. I had it in my little mining farm on the wall until my wife took it down and put up a family pic.  Sad I know, wifes right !!!!

I'd like to get $100 for it as thats what i paid for it. plus $12.95 shipping to the USA

Update:

Will trade for Bitmaintech mining gear as well. S1 S2 U3
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 01:21:08 AM

Very cool! A friend of mine painted his mini laptop with that kind of paint, but ended up dropping it shortly after. Screen got smashed up but the laptop still changed all sorts of colors.

Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:52:12 PM

Very cool! A friend of mine painted his mini laptop with that kind of paint, but ended up dropping it shortly after. Screen got smashed up but the laptop still changed all sorts of colors.

That would look awesome on an alienware machine or somethign that had an illuminated keyboard.
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:33:24 PM

from what material its actually made? is it heavy or something?
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:11:36 PM

from what material its actually made? is it heavy or something?

No its not heavy like metal or anything, I am pretty sure its made from wood that has been painted but i cannot say 100% for sure that is the case as i would have to scratch it or cut it to know for sure which i am not going to do. I can kind of see a grain pattern on the back that looks like wood which is why i am pretty sure its made from some kind of wood then painted. 

It pretty cool either way, i love the way it changes colors in the sunlight. A lot of friends have commented on it when they came to visit the farm, if i dont get any takers on here i am sure one of them will buy it when they come visit again. No point in letting something so neat collect dust on a shelf.
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:14:42 PM

It's like a metallic paintjob on wood or what should it resemble? Sure seems like metallic to me.
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:18:18 PM

What size is it? (Or, equavalently, what size is your flyer?)
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:29:33 PM

It's like a metallic paintjob on wood or what should it resemble? Sure seems like metallic to me.

Ok, its for sure wood, like maple or some other light colored wood. i pulled the little hanger out of the back so i could see the little holes.

It looks like he used a metallic black base paint then did the metallic paint over it. I asked someone else who got one from the same trade show and he said its probably dupont Chroma flair paint that has clear coat applied over it.

What size is it? (Or, equavalently, what size is your flyer?)

Its just over 15" buy just over 9.5" the flyer is standard 8.5x11 paper
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:35:45 PM

Maybe the original producer soon pops up. Bitcoin-world is such a small
place Cheesy
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:12:02 PM

Maybe the original producer soon pops up. Bitcoin-world is such a small
place Cheesy

Maybe, but i doubt i will still own it when they do. $100 is a good price for this one and i think i am the first one to sell mine online unless someone else knows of one, and i'm selling mine at cost without markup.
LazyCoin

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:46:33 PM

where are you in us ? maybe meet up
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

where are you in us ? maybe meet up

NewYork State, thats about as specific as i am getting publicly.
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:20:08 PM

Update:

Will trade for Bitmaintech mining gear as well. S1 S2 U3
Stuff4Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:22:39 PM

Still for sale. I am open to trades for mining gear as well, let me know what you have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: