Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW Craigslist for bitcoins needs feedback - btcpost.com  (Read 3915 times)
Syirrus (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 02:57:59 AM

I created a website, a craigslist so to speak for bitcoins (sorry for the us centric locations, I will update them if ppl find this at all useful).

Please give me some feedback so that we can improve it.
The idea for trading on it is to use an escrow service like clearcoin or another one, depending on how comfortable people feel.  I really think Bitcoin is a good idea and I want to create a place (trading post / classifieds) where people can use bitcoins to purchase with.  I know it might not be useful so I'm willing to take it down if need be. 

The url is: http://btcpost.com

Syirrus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:05:17 AM

I like the idea!

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
twmz

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:06:40 AM

Consider sorting the cities by something obvious:  either alpha by just city name or by state then city.

WoT, GPG

bitlotto

Activity: 672

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 03:07:06 AM

Cool! Do you plan on allowing "adult" stuff?

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
42kang

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:20:01 AM

Nice and simple. I like it. Your banking on craigslist not accepting bitcoins i presume.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:29:04 AM

I was considering making such a site myself to complement my feedback website, but have two other sites in progress and just don't have the time to do so.  If you want, we could form a relationship to where people can optionally hook up their feedback profile to their btcpost profile so that they have some rating to back them up.  Let me know if you are interested.
Regulus

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:56:47 AM

Could you add some Canadian cities?
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:07:05 AM

I'm down with that.  I just thought this would be a good start.  I think the major issue is making sure that ppl feel safe with doing transactions with btc via escrow.

Syirrus
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:08:16 AM

I was considering making such a site myself to complement my feedback website, but have two other sites in progress and just don't have the time to do so.  If you want, we could form a relationship to where people can optionally hook up their feedback profile to their btcpost profile so that they have some rating to back them up.  Let me know if you are interested.

I'm certainly interested in that.  Shoot me an email syirrus@gmail.com and we can chat.

Syirrus
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:08:43 AM

If that is what the people what I'm down.
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:09:36 AM

I like the idea!

Hey thanks!  It's not exactly new, but I figure there needs to be something like this so that people can exchange BTC's for stuff.

Syirrus
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:10:30 AM

Nice and simple. I like it. Your banking on craigslist not accepting bitcoins i presume.

I hope that CL does accept BTC.  I'm just trying to get the ball rolling the best way I know how.

Syirrus
twmz

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:08:51 PM

Your banking on craigslist not accepting bitcoins i presume.

It's not that the site itself accepts BTC or not. It matters if the people selling things on the site accept BTC.  On this site you will be sure to be willing to accept bitcoins (since that's the point of the site).  On craigslist, odds are that at least today, 99.99% of the people will people you might want to deal with will not even know what bitcoins are.

In a couple years if bitcoins become more mainstream, we won't need this site anymore and can all just use craigslist and other normal sites.  But today, I think this will help people connect. 

WoT, GPG

RonnieP

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:26:03 PM

I've been waiting for a BTC CL!!!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:34:08 PM

Why do we need a bitcoin version of Craigslist?  Craigslist isn't centered around a payment model.  Just use Craigslist and post Bitcoin as an accepted payment method.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
RonnieP

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:44:54 PM

Why do we need a bitcoin version of Craigslist?  Craigslist isn't centered around a payment model.  Just use Craigslist and post Bitcoin as an accepted payment method.

Like someone said earlier, 99.9% of people on CL don't use bitcoin. 1) The ads get lost in the mix. 2) Some douche bags even flag ads just because they don't understand what you are posting. I don't know how many ads I have made asking for silver or anything other than dollars that have been flagged, not to mention whatever contractor mafia flags your ad if you don't have a contractor's license even if the particular job doesn't even require one by law.

ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 02:31:24 AM

Like someone said earlier, 99.9% of people on CL don't use bitcoin. 1) The ads get lost in the mix. 2) Some douche bags even flag ads just because they don't understand what you are posting. I don't know how many ads I have made asking for silver or anything other than dollars that have been flagged, not to mention whatever contractor mafia flags your ad if you don't have a contractor's license even if the particular job doesn't even require one by law.

I have yet to have one of my ads flagged and removed since I started accepting bitcoins on my ads. I have referred people to Bitcoin through CL though Grin

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
Syirrus (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:23:54 PM

As stated earlier, I just want to get the idea (SEO) of bitcoins out there.  That is why I spent some time creating btcpost.com. 
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:43:14 PM

Consider sorting the cities by something obvious:  either alpha by just city name or by state then city.

this, at least alpha by city for now, way to hard to look in there to find one city
Alex Thornton

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 10:46:30 PM

It just doesn't feel like there are enough BTC users to support a craigslist style site. But it has to be made sometime. I do like that it offers the option to find things in cities near you. Whereas http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ trades can only really be done by mail or electronically.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: