Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Academic Survey] Bitcoin adoption factors study - Improving Bitcoin adopotion  (Read 1819 times)
kingstyle1201 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:40:16 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 07:21:00 AM by kingstyle1201

Hello guys,
My name is Khanh, me and my professor are doing a survey for Bitcoin adoption for my thesis. As most Bitcoin enthusiasts out there, I am very disappoint in the lack of widespread adoption of Bitcoin.
Therefore, this survey will help determine the most important factors that influence Bitcoin adoption and point out the most effective ways we can use to improve Bitcoin adoption and bring Bitcoin to the status that it deserves, becoming a primary method of transactions. I hope my research can contribute to improving Bitcoin and its users' experience.
This is the link to the survey, it will only take 5 to 6 minute. Please take it if you are interested in improving Bitcoin adoption! Thank you.  Grin

http://questionpro.com/t/AHljcZSQz2

P/S: If you have taken this survey before 9 March 2015, please do this small survey as it is a part of the adoption construct I am trying to measure. It would be very helpful thank you! The survey is extremely short 30s - 1 minute.

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_d5nWFxKgp6qTLcV
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:05:32 PM

Hello guys,
My name is Khanh, me and my professor are doing a survey for Bitcoin adoption for my thesis. As most Bitcoin enthusiasts out there, I am very disappoint in the lack of widespread adoption of Bitcoin.
Therefore, this survey will help determine the most important factors that influence Bitcoin adoption and point out the most effective ways we can use to improve Bitcoin adoption and bring Bitcoin to the status that it deserves, becoming a primary method of transactions. I hope my research can contribute to improving Bitcoin and its users' experience.
This is the link to the survey, it will only take 5 to 6 minute. Please take it if you are interested in improving Bitcoin adoption! Thank you.  Grin

http://questionpro.com/t/AHljcZSFMd

"Thank You for completing this survey" - You are most welcome :]

It's nice to see people activated around bitcoin, and many questions that still surround it.
The best way to understand why bitcoin still has no worldwide adoption is to put yourself in the non-believer shoes, and try to grasp why they are against it.

Top reasons are:

There is no central authority to reverse transaction in case of fraud/theft.
There are reasons to believe that bitcoin could make things easier for terrorists activity funding.
Prices are extremely volatile.

I believe that bitcoin is going to solve most of these problems, and even tho people are certain that transactions will remain annonymous, i believe they wont be anymore in the future,
that there will be some kind of a register where you will have to prove that you own certain addresses in order to use funds from them.
Loosing anonymity, all the haters would finally come to sence, but some of the community will do everything they can to stop this from happening.
In the end, this is how i view bitcoin from my perspective, ofc some won't agree.

cheers
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:12:05 PM

Thank you for completing it Smiley I have been a watching Bitcoin for so long, I just want to contribute in a more meaningful way!

Having read a lot of Bitcoin literature in the past few week, working on my thesis, I do agree with your ideas for a more stable Bitcoin. The idea of no more anonymity and registered Bitcoin address has been mentioned many times in past research. I think if we can come to term with this, it would ultimately lead to customer's protection regulations and acceptance from governments around the world! I do hope to see a day where Bitcoin can replace centralized money in the world financial stage. Smiley
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:27:46 PM

Uhm, we're not quite at Walmart or Bed, Bath, and Beyond yet, but Bitcoin adoption is in fact improving.  Just in the last year or so these companies have decided to adopt it:

I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken if you don't think Bitcoin adoption isn't improving.  We're taking several baby steps to get to this phase.  Are we at the Grandmas in the nursing home using it phase yet?  No.  But we are progressing.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:45:37 PM

Some of the questions were confusing.  Like the one about
“I don’t see many Bitcoin users among people I know (my friends, peer or acquaintances).”

What do you mean by “see”?  I deal with friends, peers, and acquaintances everyday with bitcoin.
I do “see” lots of bitcoin activity with people I know, but I don’t “see” the people.

Since I don’t see the bitcoin user, I selected “Strongly agree”. 
If you wanted to know if I see bitcoin activity, then I should have clicked “Strongly disagree”.

Good luck on your study.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:54:50 PM

I have applied the Diffusion of Innovation model by Roger (1989) to explain the adoption of Bitcoin. Seeing the people using Bitcoin is an item in his adapted survey. It means that you can see that people are using Bitcoin in the area that you are living in. It reflects the extent of adoption/diffusion of this technology around you. And thank you!
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

Done. Good luck for your Paper!  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:27:15 PM

I always find these interesting. Good luck with it. Smiley
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:19:54 PM

Good luck with your study.

Can you post the results here once finished?

mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:44:26 PM

Good luck with your study.

Can you post the results here once finished?

good luck in your studies.
I'm also interested to see the results.
Please, if possible, post the results after you finish.

kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:26:02 AM

Thank you guys so much for doing it. Of course I'll post the results afterward, the thesis is a public document so I can post the entire paper too Wink Thank for your support guys Cheesy
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Bumping! Guys please help me with the survey. Thank you Cheesy
RAXS

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:17:31 PM

Just completed the survey, good luck with your study.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:26:55 PM

Just finished the survey and have a question for you:

Can you share your results with the community here once you have them compiled? We're all thirsty for knowledge and surveys like this are great for our knowledge and our personal efforts to spread awareness.

Good luck with your research.

kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:42:23 AM

Just finished the survey and have a question for you:

Can you share your results with the community here once you have them compiled? We're all thirsty for knowledge and surveys like this are great for our knowledge and our personal efforts to spread awareness.

Good luck with your research.

Of course I'll post the results afterward, the thesis is a public document so I can post the entire paper too Cheesy Thank for your support guys!
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:16:54 AM

Bump. I would love to have more results for this study so it can increase the validity! Thank you Cheesy
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:06:16 PM

Hi guys! it is me again, please help me with the survey. It will be close in 1 week. So please help answer more so the result will be more accurate Cheesy
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:26:35 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 08:43:23 AM by kingstyle1201

Bump, please help with this survey for my thesis guys Cheesy It will be close on March 22 Cheesy
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:56:05 PM

Again, bumping for the survey! Please help you guys Cheesy
kingstyle1201 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:44:43 PM

The survey will end this weekend. Please help Cheesy