Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Soldiers Readying for Ukraine Deployment  (Read 1437 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:42:17 AM

It's been no secret that US and a handful of UK forces have been planning on traveling
to Yavoriv this spring to begin training Ukrainian forces for their fight against pro-Russian
separatists in the eastern part of the country. But officials have at times been vague as
to dates and times and numbers.

The solicitation also states that "the US and Ukrainian Army shall conduct a joint training
mission at the International Peacekeeping and Security Center (IPSC) near L'viv, Ukraine
from approximately 5 MAR - 31 OCT 15."

The Army will rotate 300 troops at a time it appears, with March, May, July, August and
October being the relief dates for each group.

The plan to train four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard comes as part of a
US State Department initiative "to assist Ukraine in strengthening its law enforcement
capabilities, conduct internal defense, and maintain rule of law," Pentagon spokeswoman
Lt. Col. Vanessa Hillman told Defense News this year.

Funding for the initiative is coming from the congressionally-authorized Global Security
Contingency Fund (GSCF), which was requested by the Obama administration in the fiscal
2015 budget to help train and equip the armed forces of allies around the globe.

The United States has already earmarked $19 million to help build the Ukrainian National Guard...

More...http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense-news/blog/intercepts/2015/03/03/ukraine-russia-putin-war/24327263/

Up and at em boys, time to go show Putin what for. The $19 mill figure is just to get the ball rollin mark my words.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:04:23 AM

Even tho USA tends to get their nose in other countries bussinesses quite alot, this one is called for, Putin did a horrible thing helping in the fight against the Ukrainians.
I have watched many reports from Ukraine, both from the one side and the other, and its obvious that there is aggression against Ukrainian people taking place there.

What they need to do is to sit at a table and solve this matter diplomaticaly, because theyre ruining both sides and their economy with this war, but if that is not possible as an
option, then by all means i hope US rocks their cradle, i just hope it doesnt turn into something even bigger, involving surrounding countries..and worse..

cheers
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:16:41 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 01:58:24 PM by Nemo1024

Even tho USA tends to get their nose in other countries bussinesses quite alot, this one is called for, Putin did a horrible thing helping in the fight against the Ukrainians.
I have watched many reports from Ukraine, both from the one side and the other, and its obvious that there is aggression against Ukrainian people taking place there.

What they need to do is to sit at a table and solve this matter diplomaticaly, because theyre ruining both sides and their economy with this war, but if that is not possible as an
option, then by all means i hope US rocks their cradle, i just hope it doesnt turn into something even bigger, involving surrounding countries..and worse..

cheers

If you noticed, Russia, Germany and France were doing just that, several times, with good prospects, and after each time, there came one false flag or another, then CIA chief visits Kiev (happened yesterday, by the way), and then Kiev nazis start a new round of offensive against the population of Novorossia.

What is called for, is a deployment of UN peacekeepers, including Russian, but this proposition is consistently blocked.

Oh, and given that the prospects for peace after the last Minsk talks were so good, Nudelman said that US will supply troops and weapons to Kiev and extend sanctions against Russia. You see the logic, right.

PS: I find the hypocrisy interesting by the way. US toppling the legitimate government in Lybia or Iraq turned out to be a bad thing, but Ukraine surely must be different, and toppling the legitimate government there is a good thing. Ha. Tell it to thousands of people dead and a million left without homes, who fled from war to Russia. I am not even starting on the proposed "goodness" of the proposed toppling on the legitimate government of Russia.

PSS: If USA send ground troops and even more weapons to Ukraine, it might just be enough of a provocation for Russia to unilaterally send in its peacekeepers to protect the predominantly Russian population of Novorossia from manslaughter on ethnic grounds (notice my use of euphemism for "genocide"). However, my hope is that Putin continues with the peaceful diplomacy line that Russia kept to over the last year, and denies the US hawks the pleasure of an all-out war.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:52:39 PM

This would probably lead to an escalation in hostilities.
I think economic sanctions over a period of time would hurt Russia more.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:09:08 PM

So the US and the 51st state going to send more stuff to the rebels and now they are sending troops as well to guard this new lot, as Porky-Rats&Co are not really trustworthy when they see valuables around. OK I get it, but this kind of logistics still seems to be a bit overcomplicated Smiley.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

LMAO anyone that thinks China won't step in the second merica starts to step on Russia's boarders is an idiot.  It would be first time in history economic partners do not become war partners.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:49:00 PM

let's hope this doesn't escalate. To me this looks like another Vietnam, but this time Russia will stand on the rebel's side and the USA will support the central government.
If this happens the only people who will suffer will be the Ukrainians. Both superpowers will just come and test their new weapons to their heart's content and when things get too expensive to continue, back off leaving scorched earth.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
skinbrake

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

cheers

Yes there is aggression towards Ukrainian people, from Kiev! Kiev is killing the Russian speaking Ukrainians in the east!

This is all America's doing! They are the killers of woman and children.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:36:10 PM

So the US and the 51st state going to send more stuff to the rebels and now they are sending troops as well to guard this new lot, as Porky-Rats&Co are not really trustworthy when they see valuables around. OK I get it, but this kind of logistics still seems to be a bit overcomplicated Smiley.

Thank you for a great laugh, Snail2, you made my day.  Grin

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:09:32 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 10:30:56 PM by tee-rex

It's been no secret that US and a handful of UK forces have been planning on traveling
to Yavoriv this spring to begin training Ukrainian forces for their fight against pro-Russian
separatists in the eastern part of the country. But officials have at times been vague as

The solicitation also states that "the US and Ukrainian Army shall conduct a joint training
mission at the International Peacekeeping and Security Center (IPSC) near L'viv, Ukraine

The Army will rotate 300 troops at a time it appears, with March, May, July, August and

The plan to train four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard comes as part of a
US State Department initiative "to assist Ukraine in strengthening its law enforcement
capabilities, conduct internal defense, and maintain rule of law," Pentagon spokeswoman

Funding for the initiative is coming from the congressionally-authorized Global Security
Contingency Fund (GSCF), which was requested by the Obama administration in the fiscal
2015 budget to help train and equip the armed forces of allies around the globe.

The United States has already earmarked $19 million to help build the Ukrainian National Guard...

More...http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense-news/blog/intercepts/2015/03/03/ukraine-russia-putin-war/24327263/

Up and at em boys, time to go show Putin what for. The $19 mill figure is just to get the ball rollin mark my words.

I hope those hundreds of U.S. troops which are said to be arriving in Ukraine this week will never make it back home (alive). This generation seems to have forgotten the story of the Fall of Saigon when the brave Americans were miserably allowed to fly away from the roof of the U.S. embassy in Saigon at the point of anti-aircraft guns.

Some like it hard.
ajareselde
Legendary

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

cheers

Yes there is aggression towards Ukrainian people, from Kiev! Kiev is killing the Russian speaking Ukrainians in the east!

America isnt the one to blame, the conflict started long time ago obviously, and theres no wonders in why Kiev is fighting the russian oriented population on the east, since there is open conflict between them and
ukrainian side.
I may be getting this wrong, since im nor Ukrainian nor Russian, so i know what i can dig out, are you from those teritories? because i see in your writing that ure strongly on russian side.

cheers
tee-rex

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:39:55 AM

cheers

America isnt the one to blame, the conflict started long time ago obviously, and theres no wonders in why Kiev is fighting the russian oriented population on the east, since there is open conflict between them and ukrainian side.

There is no "them and [the] Ukrainian side" in this conflict. Both sides are Ukrainian. If you tracked the conflict since its start, you would know the Donbass people didn't at first want to leave Ukraine. It was a clumsy policy of the new authorities, a policy of threats, that made them revolt against Kiev.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:13:27 AM

Sorry, but why is America going to send troops over to help out?  In the worst case scenario, if you believe everything you hear, Russia is arming those in Donetsk and allowing some Russians to fight with them.  It is not the Russian Army fighting against the Ukrainian army, otherwise the casualties and results would be different.

So in this case, why should America offcially get involved? Ukraine is the other side of the world from America, there are no historical relationships and they are not a member of NATO.  The only reason I can see, is that they want to annoy Russia.  Russia is right next to Ukraine and is historically is basically the same country as Ukraine, they obviously have political reasons for trying to keep some influence as well as not wanting to have people they consider enemies on their border.

I don't think that the Russians are 100% in the right here, but of the 3 parties involved (Ukraine, Russia, the west) they are least to blame for everything.  Ukraine could leave the rebels in peace, but seem intent on war, and not only that, they want external help in this war to escalate things further.  They worry me at the moment, I really think they just want to annilihate the rebels and would stop at little to do so.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:32:03 AM

Awesome! Give Russia a carte blanche to openly supply the freedom fighters in the East! So if everyone is sticking their finger in Ukrainian putter, no more sanctions correct? The circle jerk is finally over the US and Russia are officially in a proxy war.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:44:45 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 11:09:02 AM by tee-rex

Awesome! Give Russia a carte blanche to openly supply the freedom fighters in the East! So if everyone is sticking their finger in Ukrainian putter, no more sanctions correct? The circle jerk is finally over the US and Russia are officially in a proxy war.

Russia is more than any other country interested in the peace across Ukraine. Why would anyone sane want a war at their border? The only benefactor is the U.S., and it seems that they are now ready to sacrifice not only the Ukrainian population (nothing out of the ordinary) but their own citizens in the pursuit of their nefarious ends.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:13:40 AM

DPR PM Zakharchenko already said that it would be simpler to send these weapons directly to the DPR.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

Sorry, but why is America going to send troops over to help out?  In the worst case scenario, if you believe everything you hear, Russia is arming those in Donetsk and allowing some Russians to fight with them.  It is not the Russian Army fighting against the Ukrainian army, otherwise the casualties and results would be different.

So in this case, why should America offcially get involved? Ukraine is the other side of the world from America, there are no historical relationships and they are not a member of NATO.  The only reason I can see, is that they want to annoy Russia.  Russia is right next to Ukraine and is historically is basically the same country as Ukraine, they obviously have political reasons for trying to keep some influence as well as not wanting to have people they consider enemies on their border.

I don't think that the Russians are 100% in the right here, but of the 3 parties involved (Ukraine, Russia, the west) they are least to blame for everything.  Ukraine could leave the rebels in peace, but seem intent on war, and not only that, they want external help in this war to escalate things further.  They worry me at the moment, I really think they just want to annilihate the rebels and would stop at little to do so.

Related to the highlighted part, I previously made a post that I feel compelled to repeat here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=971361.msg10641093#msg10641093

Is it so difficult to believe that a multi-million population can produce enough warriors, who are capable of holding off an aggressor? They are fighting for their homes, their families, their land. Unlike the attackers, they are highly motivated. They have access to the Ukrainian military hardware - both what was present in the military bases of Donetsk and Lugansk oblast's and what they captured from the invading forces. And finally, they have military command, who trained in the Soviet Army, many having the battle experience from Soviet-time hot-spots. They don't need Russian help (except when it comes to food and medicines). Just like Soviet Union didn't need help to beat the Germans out of its land.

Oh, and Russia on multiple occasions stated that it is not a part in this conflict, which an internal Ukrainian one.
Russia may send some intel to novorossia - I wouldn't know, but even that is a speculation. But you are right on the account of Novorossia and most of Ukraine being historically Russia (having been split off by Lenin in 1917 after the red colour revolution), with Russians living on those lands for centuries.

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:52:42 PM

smart or foolish? send the smart ones to be grinded by the Russians, so that the pillage and plundering and raping exploitation of the home front can continue unabated... will see how the usmiic reacts, they may after that realized they lost their home (land) even if it bears all the mark of a " front "...

money is faster...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: