Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US ambassador to South Korea reportedly attacked in Seoul  (Read 958 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:47:30 AM

Seoul (AFP) - The US ambassador to South Korea, Mark Lippert, was injured in an attack by an armed assailant Thursday in Seoul, television reports said.

The YTN news channel, citing police sources, said one man carried out the attack as Lippert was walking to a breakfast meeting in central Seoul.

The channel carried a picture showing the ambassador after the assault with his right hand raised to his face and his left hand smeared with blood.

More...http://news.yahoo.com/us-ambassador-attacked-seoul-231729097.html

Sounds like he got stuck w/ a razor blade of sorts by someone that didn't like the US-SK military exercises that were taking place in the sea next to the peninsula, that has happened each quarter of the year for quite some time. Similarly, the assailant is one of those that want unification which would be at the expense of the South. I will say that it is a waste of money trying to show the North who's cock is bigger by holding these quarterly drills. Piggy Kim knows what kind of juice the US has.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:24:32 AM

Yep
US AMBASSADOR TO SKOREA SLASHED ON FACE AND WRIST IN ATTACK

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- U.S. Ambassador Mark Lippert was slashed on the face and wrist by a man wielding a knife with a 10-inch blade and screaming that the rival Koreas should be unified, South Korean police said Thursday.

Media images showed a stunned-looking Lippert staring at his blood-covered left hand and holding his right hand over a cut on the right side of his face, his pink tie splattered with blood.

The U.S. State Department condemned the attack, which happened at a performing arts center in downtown Seoul as the ambassador was preparing for a lecture about prospects for peace on the divided Korean Peninsula, and said Lippert was being treated at a local hospital and his injuries weren't life threatening.

Read more from the AP...http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_SKOREA_AMBASSADOR_HURT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:27:27 AM

although the military exercises are a show they also keep the units in the area on their feet. I bet it gets pretty boring.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:30:34 AM

Just heard about this myself was a bit surprised
Was thinking well this is traditional politics where people brawled for their values

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:34:08 AM

Yep
US AMBASSADOR TO SKOREA SLASHED ON FACE AND WRIST IN ATTACK

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- U.S. Ambassador Mark Lippert was slashed on the face and wrist by a man wielding a knife with a 10-inch blade and screaming that the rival Koreas should be unified, South Korean police said Thursday.

Media images showed a stunned-looking Lippert staring at his blood-covered left hand and holding his right hand over a cut on the right side of his face, his pink tie splattered with blood.

The U.S. State Department condemned the attack, which happened at a performing arts center in downtown Seoul as the ambassador was preparing for a lecture about prospects for peace on the divided Korean Peninsula, and said Lippert was being treated at a local hospital and his injuries weren't life threatening.

Read more from the AP...http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_SKOREA_AMBASSADOR_HURT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The mass media of North Korea say that the knife attack on Mark Lippert was a "deserved punishment" for conducting military drills. I'm really surprised that there are people (even here) that admire the cruel inhuman regime in NK.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-03-05/north-korea-says-knife-attack-on-us-envoy-was-deserved/
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:01:10 AM

His face was slashed, very ugly attack indeed but that risk is par for the course if you are a US ambassador, I guees

Gisado

Activity: 168

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:05:00 AM

although the military exercises are a show they also keep the units in the area on their feet. I bet it gets pretty boring.
Well, I'm gonna be drafted in a year or later, I agree it does not do anything substantial... Tongue
crypto97

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:09:46 PM

I guess this is a signal for the US to get their nose out of South Korea!
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:51:15 PM

Most probably you are right, they should go out from South korea but all we know they will not leave easily the country.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:11:57 PM

Most probably you are right, they should go out from South korea but all we know they will not leave easily the country.

The U.S. troops lodged on the Korean peninsula are there to support supremacy over China, not North Korea. Besides that, the U.S. is not at all interested in the unification of Korea. Once Korea is unified, the removal of the U.S. troops from the Korean peninsula will be inevitable.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:42:43 AM

North Korea media calls attack on U.S. ambassador 'deserved punishment' Grin Roll Eyes

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea's official KCNA news agency called Thursday's knife attack on the U.S. ambassador to South Korea "deserved punishment" for U.S. military exercises with South Korea, calling the assault "the knife of justice".

Ambassador Mark Lippert suffered deep wounds to his face and arm, requiring surgery, after a South Korean nationalist slashed him with a fruit knife at a breakfast forum in Seoul.

The injuries were not life-threatening and Lippert was in stable condition. He is expected to be in the hospital for three or four days.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-media-calls-attack-u-ambassador-deserved-094431321.html
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:29:19 AM

There are many disillusioned South Koreans that truly believe US is the devil that forbids the two Koreas to reunite the way East and West Germany did.  They truly believe US purposely divide the nations for their own selfish interests (establishing military base, selling them high priced weapons, etc.)  So sad....
Gisado

Activity: 168

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:43:03 AM

There are many disillusioned South Koreans that truly believe US is the devil that forbids the two Koreas to reunite the way East and West Germany did.  They truly believe US purposely divide the nations for their own selfish interests (establishing military base, selling them high priced weapons, etc.)  So sad....
Well, I doubt 'many'. They are considered minority here.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:13:40 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 07:37:45 AM by tee-rex

Well, I doubt 'many'. They are considered minority here.

This doesn't change the fact that the warmongering rhetoric of Kims is in tune with the U.S. aims in Korea, both economic and political, and that it justifies the presence of the U.S. troops on the peninsula.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: